Sign in to follow this  
toshi

going to bantayan island

driftR

but other than the things you mention did you have a good time ??

yeah loved it, i enjoyed all the things I mentionned just not sure others would

• Like 1

Paul
We went to Bohol when we were there in September last year during some sort of holiday,, big mistake,, no were to stay, couldn't get on a boat to get back,, all in all wish we had stayed home!!! wait untill after easter for a few weeks would be my advice.... but anywho,,, lucky you, Bantayan was my pick of were to go but got voted down by the family,,,,( all from Bohol ) it won't happen again, i will be putting my foot down,,,, mmm not that it will make any differance ;) Bantayan looks good to me ...

The golden rule, mate. He who has the gold, makes the rules.

How do you guys get to bantayan island? I noticed on google earth there is a small landing strip there. I wonder if anyone is providing flights?

Option 1: Take a taxi service from Cebu City, to Hagnaya Pier. The cost should be around Php 2,000. Boats run often from Hagnaya Pier to Sta. Fe Town. I would look at the schedules for Super Shuttle Ferry, or Island Shipping.

Option 2: Take a taxi to Cebu North Bus Terminal. Take a Ceres Liner direct from there to Hagnaya Pier.

The distance to Haganaya from Cebu City, is about 115 kilometers, or around three (3) hours. The boat trip across will be about another hour, to Sta. Fe.

I took a taxi from Cebu to the ferry for a cost of 2000 php. On the return trip i took the non air com bus for 70 pesos.[ x2] You need to really have a death wish to ride the bus tho !!

It is an interesting way to travel, while in the Philippines.

I used it back in mid 2011...I beleive it was called MidseaExpress...I purchased oneways from Cebu to Bantayan with first time flying lady friend..Since we were the only 2 passengers they put us in a local flight school Cessna 182 with student pilot and instructor..The flight went well 45 mins..The runway in Bantayan is 1/4 paved and the rest gravel..make sure you line up someone to pick you up also....

To my knowledge, there is no air service from Cebu to Bantayan Island. However, Mid Sea Express did have flights, last year (2011). You can charter a flight from Mactan to Bantayan, if you wish.

i would not bother, loads of drunks, bad food, loud music, polluted beaches, only girls are after money, no beer besides pilsen & light, food is terriible, weather can be terrible. go to bohol :D the bus ride is a butt killer then you have to wait for the slow uncomfortable ferry for another hour after enduing the 4 hour bus trip with loud honking bus horns and cramped conditions. many other places to go for lot less trouble and offering much more.

I have stayed on some nice beaches there, one being the place I mentioned in my original post. There are plenty of quiet areas on the island, and most of it shuts down before very late in the evening anyway. I don't understand the weather statement. That could change anywhere you are visiting.

• Like 1

Bonjon

Clickety Click isn't bad - run buy a Brit and Pinay wife. Beach front, smallish pool, great roof top bar, billiard table, nice reasonably priced food. Short tricycle ride to the right of the pier as you approach from the sea.

Scooters in Bantayan go for 300 but are good condition.

batman2525
i would not bother, loads of drunks, bad food, loud music, polluted beaches, only girls are after money, no beer besides pilsen & light, food is terriible, weather can be terrible. go to bohol the bus ride is a butt killer then you have to wait for the slow uncomfortable ferry for another hour after enduing the 4 hour bus trip with loud honking bus horns and cramped conditions. many other places to go for lot less trouble and offering much more.

Eh?? We went there in January...didnt see any of the above.

liquido

Eh?? We went there in January...didnt see any of the above.

Im sure DriftR feels the opposite and said all that tongue in cheek so he could keep Bantayan Island all for himself...haha

• Like 1

senseless

I used it back in mid 2011...I beleive it was called MidseaExpress...I purchased oneways from Cebu to Bantayan with first time flying lady friend..Since we were the only 2 passengers they put us in a local flight school Cessna 182 with student pilot and instructor..The flight went well 45 mins..The runway in Bantayan is 1/4 paved and the rest gravel..make sure you line up someone to pick you up also....

Do you remember what you paid?

liquido

Do you remember what you paid?

The cost was around 1500p per person..There hangar is on the otherside of the airport next to the flight school..After arriving Bantayan. there was only 1 person returning back to cebu..I decided to do the ferry/bus to cebu..The view from the plane was nice and so was the 45 min flight time..

Paul

Clickety Click isn't bad - run buy a Brit and Pinay wife. Beach front, smallish pool, great roof top bar, billiard table, nice reasonably priced food. Short tricycle ride to the right of the pier as you approach from the sea.

Scooters in Bantayan go for 300 but are good condition.

Clickety Click? You mean Tickety Boo, don't you? :) That is the place you DEFINITELY should stay. :taz: The owner has a notorious habit of trying to screw his customer's girlfriends / wives. Read about William Charlton and Tickety Boo, here.

"Scooters" can easily be rented, in Sta. Fe Town, easily - quite easily, for Php 200 to 250 per 24 hours. If you pay Php 300, you are paying too much.

Edited by Paul

Davaoeno
for Php 200 to 250 per 24 hours. If you pay Php 300, you are paying too much.

if thats the case then I bet Whippy knows where you can rent one for 175 !!!!

• Like 3

liquido

Clickety Click? You mean Tickety Boo, don't you? :) That is the place you DEFINITELY should stay. :taz: The owner has a notorious habit of trying to screw his customer's girlfriends / wives. Read about William Charlton and Tickety Boo, here.

"Scooters" can easily be rented, in Sta. Fe Town, easily - quite easily, for Php 200 to 250 per 24 hours. If you pay Php 300, you are paying too much.

Yeah thats what I pay..Its very easy to find a local that will rent his bike to you for that 200-250p price or even cheaper for a long period of time...

Bonjon

Clickety Click? You mean Tickety Boo, don't you? :) That is the place you DEFINITELY should stay. :sarcasm: The owner has a notorious habit of trying to screw his customer's girlfriends / wives. Read about William Charlton and Tickety Boo, here.

Yes I read that. At best it seems to be subjective conjecture. Couldn't see any real meat on the bones apart from a character assignation for no particularly good reason. Doesn't seem that uncommon for expats in the phils. Indeed, it is called Tickety Boo - a tribute to the wifes love of Only Fools & Horses I recall.

Anyway, returning to the OP - found the rooms clean, water hot and aircon effective for a good price. The owners were helpful and the staff - largely made up of nieces etc were of the usual RP service industry standard.

I couldn't find any cheaper scooters and had there been any I doubt they would have been as reliable and with as good tyres as the ones I rented. Roads can be rough in the north of the islands, there is alot of livestock on the roads and without helmets, I think better condition is paramount for a longer life.

Oh, incidentally, I never cared much for the way Conrad Hilton and his family carried out business, but seldom found fault in the hotel accommodation :sarcasm: . Tickety Boo is an option to consider.

Edited by Bonjon

BadDog

250 was the going rate when i was there looking for a bike from my experience. So yeah 200 would be about the discount rate (except holidays). I was able to get one privatly for 150.

Paul
Yes I read that. At best it seems to be subjective conjecture. Couldn't see any real meat on the bones apart from a character assignation for no particularly good reason. Doesn't seem that uncommon for expats in the phils.

Yea, that is exactly what it was, "subjective conjecture". :)

I truly hope it never happens to you, your loved ones, or any business associates whom you may take to Tickety Boo. Perhaps, you will write it off as Bill did - "good fun". More so, I hope you care enough about your wife or girlfriend, and would not allow that to happen to her in the first place.

Kim_

if thats the case then I bet Whippy knows where you can rent one for 175 !!!!

Basically, you are saying Whippy is better informed than us others...?

Anyway, I would like to see more of this kind of threads for a while.....

"Going to _____ island."

I would like to see the comments and advice from you people living in Cebu/Philippines.