USA Tourist Visa for Asawa?

USMC-Retired

You are right Headhot burned a bridge hopefully not down. That was my point in my letter.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• shadow

• SkyMan

• MattFromGA

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've posted this before but my wife was approved first try, no problem. I guess we're in the 1%. On paper, Headshot and I are almost identical. Similar ages of us and our wives. Married about the

That's the guy that rates arriving passenger's T&A and decides if they are hot enough to enter the US. The women's orgs are going to pitch a bitch fit when they find out about it.

I can understand the US embassy employees being very strict and denying the average Filipino a tourist visa unless they meet all of the requirements for a tourist visa. Even then it should be viewed o

shamgod41

good thread

Edited by shamgod41
streak03

Who are these interviewers? Are they Consular officers or some local national shithead working in the Embassy?

shamgod41

Who are these interviewers? Are they Consular officers or some local national shithead working in the Embassy?

I've had few different interviews and in each case they were US Citizens. I think they're classified as "Officers" or some

such title. Some are okay and understand that they're public servants, others seem to have let the (little) power go to their heads. It's never fun dealing with them. I don't think they deputize locals to do that job -- not sure though.

The Passport office DOES have locals and I've found them to be the worst of all. Give a little power to some people...YMMV.

Edited by shamgod41
smokey

we went round and round with them at the embassy over a marriage cert of my wife along with her annulment papers and they wanted the marriage cert. to say annulled stamped on there in BLOCK letters and signed by a judge.. of the 5 times we were at the embassy we drew a white lady that was easy to talk to and explained everything the next 3 times we drew a local who just said try again and then stand up and leave i think some of the embassy personal are just jealous

shamgod41

we went round and round with them at the embassy over a marriage cert of my wife along with her annulment papers and they wanted the marriage cert. to say annulled stamped on there in BLOCK letters and signed by a judge..

This is such a joke. Signed by Judge. I could get a judge in the Philippines to sign an Affidavit saying that I'm Jesus Christ. I know a

attorney in Manila that clerked at the Supreme Court right after she got out of Ateneo Law. She said her main job was gatekeeper for the daily onslaught of business guys that wanted access to the justice to buy a court vote. It was rampant, not discreet and totally out of control according to her. She said her classmates clerking for other justices had basically the same story.

Hey, I love the Philippines, but to pretend a judge's signature means anything other than "Bribe paid" is a joke, and yet the embassy plays along, which in a sense makes the complicit.

SkyMan
If for no other reason, the more times one applies the more chances they have that someone at some point in time may actually take the time to LOOK at the application and it's merits.
Actually, that doesn't matter. They can look at the application all they want and it won't matter. The application form is just a basic bio data form with some additional things like "what other countries have you been to?" Which they require an entry of N/A so my wife has been to N/A wherever that is. And it asks about her relatives who are US citizens which is actually used to prove ties to the US, not the RP. They are looking to see if she knows people in the US who will support and hide her when she overstays. The DOS may require they have financial and other ties to the RP but the application and the interviewer ask for none of that. My advice is to gather as much of that type info as one can and consider it as part of the application. When the interviewer asks for the application she needs to hand them all of that together to have any chance of them looking at it.
shadow

QUestion:

If she had a SPOUSAL VISA and you only stayed a few months do you think they canceled that VISA...Will that effect her

ability to get a tourist VISA? Suppose some time inthe future you decide (for whatever reason) you wnat to return to the USA and apply for a spousal VISA might they deny it based upon the fact you had that and then returned OUT OF STATUS?

In other words you burned a bridge....hopefully not....but some Boobocrat is gonna see this and figure this guy is gonna pull that again so lets deny it.

Lakan

No, it will not effect future visas. If nothing else it will show they abide by the terms of ther visas.

They did not return "out of status", she had a valid green card.

Larry in Dumaguete

• Like 1
shadow

Actually, that doesn't matter. They can look at the application all they want and it won't matter. The application form is just a basic bio data form with some additional things like "what other countries have you been to?" Which they require an entry of N/A so my wife has been to N/A wherever that is. And it asks about her relatives who are US citizens which is actually used to prove ties to the US, not the RP. They are looking to see if she knows people in the US who will support and hide her when she overstays. The DOS may require they have financial and other ties to the RP but the application and the interviewer ask for none of that. My advice is to gather as much of that type info as one can and consider it as part of the application. When the interviewer asks for the application she needs to hand them all of that together to have any chance of them looking at it.

Actually, it does matter. You are trying to get someone to look at your assets, such as businesses, properties, etc. In the case of our client who had been turned down twice with her husband having a half million dollars invested in the Philippines, it was a matter of getting someone to LOOK at what she had presented, as she clearly was more than qualified.

On one of the previous interviews they stated "So you are a business woman, huh?" She confirmed it, they laughed and he denied her. No other questions were asked.

The only difference between the two previous denials and the successful third try was the way in which it was presented.

They are on their way to the US today for a two month visit.

Larry in Dumaguete

SkyMan
Actually, it does matter. You are trying to get someone to look at your assets, such as businesses, properties, etc.
None of which appears on the app. The interviewer asks for the app and then denies it. If you give the support docs with the app, you have a better chance.
streak03

Smokey its been my experience over the years that Filipinos can and will get extremely jealous when another Filipino has something/someone/etc that they don't and can be very very vindictive. A good example of this was a very large food service company in Afghanistan that employed mostly Filipino/Filipinas. Always fighting, backstabbing, hurtful gossip, etc going on there with those folks

I can imagine the same at the Embassy there in Manila, shitheads getting their kicks out of denying some poor filipina a visa.