USA Tourist Visa for Asawa?

Headshot

Because previously too many of those "honest folks, applying the right way" from the Philippines never went back home. My wife has met multiple filipinas that are staying in the United States illegally. They probably outnumbered the local illegal mexicans when we lived in Jacksonville, FL.

Do you turn the illegals in to ICE when you find them? Otherwise, illegals will just keep going to the US. And...I seriously doubt that there is ANY area in the US where Filipino illegals outnumber Hispanic illegals. It just ain't so. The Filipino illegals in the US are counted in the thousands, whereas the Hispanic illegals are counted in the millions. The percentage of Filipinos overstaying their visas was never very high (much less than 10%), so the policy (of just denying almost ALL tourist visas) was never really justified. In addition, those who overstayed were seldom married to an American citizen before they went to the US. The fact remains that the US State Department has created a policy that harasses US citizens and their dependents with absolutely NO justification.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• shadow

• SkyMan

• MattFromGA

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've posted this before but my wife was approved first try, no problem. I guess we're in the 1%. On paper, Headshot and I are almost identical. Similar ages of us and our wives. Married about the

That's the guy that rates arriving passenger's T&A and decides if they are hot enough to enter the US. The women's orgs are going to pitch a bitch fit when they find out about it.

I can understand the US embassy employees being very strict and denying the average Filipino a tourist visa unless they meet all of the requirements for a tourist visa. Even then it should be viewed o

MattFromGA
You do realize that TSA and Immigration are totally separate, don't you? TSA are the people who try to keep the bombs off the plane...not the bums.

Yes, you're right. Its been a few months and all the asshole agencies are starting to blend together. TSA are assholes - ICE are assholes - Customs and all the others are assholes. However, I would argue with you that TSA is actually better at grab ass than finding bombs. Over and over again, people test the security and they get through. The only thing TSA doesnt miss is big tits and little boys.

Edited by MattFromGA
  • Like 1
Headshot

Yes, you're right. Its been a few months and all the asshole agencies are starting to blend together. TSA are assholes - ICE are assholes - Customs and all the others are assholes. However, I would argue with you that TSA is actually better at grab ass than finding bombs. Over and over again, people test the security and they get through. The only thing TSA doesnt miss is big tits and little boys.

I didn't say TSA ever actually stopped a bomb...only that theyTRY. Sometimes they are more trying than others. If I was a bomber, the place I would set it off would be in one of the serpentine TSA queues leading up to the scanners. There are always hundreds of people there all crowded together. The casualty rate would be huge. You don't need to even get to an airplane...just close down the airport. It would make headlines just as surely as an airliner going down...maybe more so.

Edited by Headshot
MattFromGA
The fact remains that the US State Department has created a policy that harasses US citizens and their dependents with absolutely NO justification.

Their justification is a quota they need to meet every quarter. If they cant stop the Mexicans, they can dazzle with numbers from people who are trying to come in through airports. Otherwise people might think they are worthless and incompetent.

Headshot

Their justification is a quota they need to meet every quarter. If they cant stop the Mexicans, they can dazzle with numbers from people who are trying to come in through airports. Otherwise people might think they are worthless and incompetent.

I would buy that except the people who are charged with keeping illegals out work for the Homeland Security Department whereas the people denying the visas work for the State Department. The motivations in the State Department have nothing to do with helping Homeland Security look better. They have everything to do with discriminating against US Citizens who marry Filipinas and then choose to live in the Philippines instead of moving with her back to the US. If those same US citizens apply for a spousal visa (to take their wife to the US to live), there is a 99% approval rate. The US State department views ALL male US citizens living permanently in the Philippines as SEXPATS, and therefore any Filipina married to them is tainted by association.

Edited by Headshot
SkyMan

The other thing that is unfair is citizens of other countries like Australia, Newzealand, Japan and a few others can get a tourist visa quite easily. I guess it has to with being from a third world country vs countries with a U.S. standard of living. It still comes off though as blatent discrimination.

The countries listed have a low percentage of overstay because they aren't third world countries and there's no law against discrimination against non-citizens. Unless you're talking about illegal Mexicans. Edited by SkyMan
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

You do realize that TSA and Immigration are totally separate, don't you? TSA are the people who try to keep the bombs off the plane...not the bums.

yeah but they like to look in your bum for a bomb

• Like 1
cebubird

Because previously too many of those "honest folks, applying the right way" from the Philippines never went back home. My wife has met multiple filipinas that are staying in the United States illegally. They probably outnumbered the local illegal mexicans when we lived in Jacksonville, FL.

BALONEY!!!!!!! I am from Jacksonville, and that is simply not true. It is true that filipinos do outnumber mexicans there due to to the large population of the US Navy there, and the many retired military who live there.

Thanks for your replies and thoughts.

some of these "horror stories" seem to be the norm.

Just a few thoughts, it seems to me that many people I've talked to were rejected THE FIRST TIME because the paperwork they submitted was messed up or lacking in certain areas.

I know of two persons who were approved both on their SECOND TRIES. It seems that maybe this is a money making enterprise on the part of the Embassy who if they reject you once tell you to reapply again in two/three months then it gets approved the second time.

Anyhow, I'm still going to give it a try. I have all the bench marks, the 13 A, been in Phils many years, House, land, Property, bank account, financial wherewithal etc etc.

Lakan

shadow

Thanks for your replies and thoughts.

some of these "horror stories" seem to be the norm.

Just a few thoughts, it seems to me that many people I've talked to were rejected THE FIRST TIME because the paperwork they submitted was messed up or lacking in certain areas.

I know of two persons who were approved both on their SECOND TRIES. It seems that maybe this is a money making enterprise on the part of the Embassy who if they reject you once tell you to reapply again in two/three months then it gets approved the second time.

Anyhow, I'm still going to give it a try. I have all the bench marks, the 13 A, been in Phils many years, House, land, Property, bank account, financial wherewithal etc etc.

Lakan

It does seem to increase the odds the more times a person applies. If for no other reason, the more times one applies the more chances they have that someone at some point in time may actually take the time to LOOK at the application and it's merits.

Larry in Dumaguete

Headshot

It does seem to increase the odds the more times a person applies. If for no other reason, the more times one applies the more chances they have that someone at some point in time may actually take the time to LOOK at the application and it's merits.

Larry in Dumaguete

Unfortunately, it's time and $$$ everytime you apply.

USMC-Retired

I wrote my congressman on this issue. Basacally here he says do not try. He wrote me a letter personally regarding this issue. I have attached it. Never mind can not attach it. Here is a link

My letter to him then his answer in a personal letter.

Thank You for your Service,

I hope you understand my frustration in this matter. I must now commit

fraud or not be 100% forth coming. Because a spousal visa has

requirements that I will not be able to comply with. Because the

system is broken it is my only recourse in this matter. She will not

meet the residency requirements that had been set forth in the

guidelines. It seems as though in the act of national security people

have forgotten common sense. When people can walk, jump or run across

our borders a law abiding citizen who served this country has to go

such lengths. The easiest solution would be to do just as those do.

Additionally the costs to commit a ruse to allow my wife to see my

family is exorbitant to visit (thousands of dollars). Doubling it as I

will have to submit twice for an eventual true spousal visa. I guess

the country owes me nothing sorry for thinking that it may.

Sincerely

http://dl.dropbox.co...27152118275.pdf

Edited by Norseman
Headshot

I wrote my congressman on this issue. Basically, he says do not try. He wrote me a letter personally regarding this issue.

http://dl.dropbox.co...27152118275.pdf

Additionally, the officials at the DOS have advised me that an applicant married to an American citizen is not automatically disqualified for non-immigrant visa issuance; however, they may have more difficulty proving strong ties to their home country when they have such strong family ties to the United States because of their American citizen Spouse.

I would buy the senator's explanation of DOS procedure EXCEPT for the fact that the Consular Officer will likely NOT give your wife the opportunity prove ANYTHING during the interview. The entire interview will last about three minutes, and most of that is taken up by the officer preparing the report on why the applicant was denied. Skyman is the ONLY person that I've heard of who was able to get his wife a tourist visa (and I'm not totally convinced that his strategy would work for everyone. Tourist visa applications (for spouses of US citizens) have about a 99% denial rate.

For anyone wanting to take their wife to the US just for a visit, I would recommend that that just go ahead and apply for a spousal visa (forget the tourist visa). The spousal visa application has a very high probability of success (about 99% providing she doesn't have some nasty disease), and the cost is pretty much the only downside. The spousal visa application will cost a little less than twice as much as the tourist visa application, so if your wife is turned down once for a tourist visa and you have to reapply...you have already spent more than the spousal visa would have cost...and while there may be a slightly higher chance of approval the second time around, it isn't much higher.

When we decided to go to the US to visit my family and let her get to know my family, we applied the first time for a tourist visa. She was denied a visa. Then, after the denial, we applied for a spousal visa and she was approved. So, basically, I spent six extra months and 150% of what it would have cost if we had just applied for the spousal visa in the first place. Of course, it cost a lot more than that. It cost the chance of my wife ever meeting my mother before my mother died, since my mother passed away before we were able to get the spousal visa approved.

On our next visa application for my wife, we will again apply for a tourist visa. Now, I feel that my wife has a much better chance of getting a tourist visa, since she went to the US (on a spousal visa) and she didn't stay there (of course, I could be wrong). I will definitely use Skyman's approach by submitting a letter along with the application to the Consular Officer explaining our situation and requesting a multiple-year / multiple-entry tourist visa. It should now be much easier to prove that we intend to remain in the Philippines, since she didn't stay in the US when she had the chance (with the spousal visa).

As for being 'out of status' on her spousal visa by not remaining in the US after she entered, that is NOT against the law. No laws were broken in applying for the spousal visa either. Nobody ever asked us if we were going to stay there. They simply asked if I would be able to support her in the US and if I had a permanent addres there. All of our answers were truthful. Therefore, there is no perjury. No place in the spousal visa application does it ask if she will remain in the US permanently.

Edited by Headshot

On our next visa application for my wife, we will again apply for a tourist visa. Now, I feel that my wife has a much better chance of getting a tourist visa, since she went to the US (on a spousal visa) and she didn't stay there (of course, I could be wrong). I will definitely use Skyman's approach by submitting a letter along with the application to the Consular Officer explaining our situation and requesting a multiple-year / multiple-entry tourist visa. It should now be much easier to prove that we intend to remain in the Philippines, since she didn't stay in the US when she had the chance (with the spousal visa).

As for being 'out of status' on her spousal visa by not remaining in the US after she entered, that is NOT against the law. No laws were broken in applying for the spousal visa either. Nobody ever asked us if we were going to stay there. They simply asked if I would be able to support her in the US and if I had a permanent addres there. All of our answers were truthful. Therefore, there is no perjury. No place in the spousal visa application does it ask if she will remain in the US permanently.

QUestion:

If she had a SPOUSAL VISA and you only stayed a few months do you think they canceled that VISA...Will that effect her

ability to get a tourist VISA? Suppose some time inthe future you decide (for whatever reason) you wnat to return to the USA and apply for a spousal VISA might they deny it based upon the fact you had that and then returned OUT OF STATUS?

In other words you burned a bridge....hopefully not....but some Boobocrat is gonna see this and figure this guy is gonna pull that again so lets deny it.

Lakan