Galaxy Tab - Gingerbread

USMC-Retired

I have had my same old Iphone since the inception of the Iphone. I really thought apple had a lock on this market. Till I got this Galaxy Tab.

What an amazing device. The apps are better and more open source. You can do so much with this thing it is unbelievable. I tossed and turned on if I wanted a small laptop or a tablet. Since I have a good desktop and parted ways with a laptop. The wife needed something for use. This by far is the easiest thing to use. The app play by google lists so many apps.

I have an app that cost 10 dollars on Iphone and is free on Android. Now I can make free calls to US all day long. Hours and hours if I want. Thanks Google. I use google voice and it syncs with google talk. Just awesome. Incoming and outgoing via US number free and online. Plus texting free.

Really happy with this device and would recommend them over a Laptop or desktop for just the casual surfer or net user.

• Like 3
KennyF
I have an app that cost 10 dollars on Iphone and is free on Android. Now I can make free calls to US all day long. Hours and hours if I want. Thanks Google. I use google voice and it syncs with google talk. Just awesome. Incoming and outgoing via US number free and online. Plus texting free.

Come on, be a sport, share the name of this app.

KonGC

USMC-Retired

This tablet has intigrated sip. So I just forward to it. It is a free sip account using sip droid.

This is a pay app yet you can use something like this to make the calls via google voice and google talk

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gvoip&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwiY29tLmd2b2lwIl0.

Edited by Norseman

I too have everything from iphone 2 to 4 and ipad.

My son has a Samsung Galaxy 2 and I just bought a small LG-P350.

Both Android OS are way better than iphone and ipad. Faster and more responsive. Things which always bother me on the Mac stuff works way smoother on the Android software and faster too.

Bad times ahead for Apple, that's why they are fighting Samsung so much right, cause they know.

Good marketing will only go so long.

• Like 2
samatm

Apple innovates Samsung copies and refines. Apple will stay ahead of the curve with the next "cool" thing that everyone has to have but just don't know it yet. Investors don't seem to be worried about Samsungs growth in the tab market as Apple share prices continue to climb. Now then... I wouild also love to get a Galaxy tab or maybe even two or three.

• Like 2
Gringo69

Personally I am waiting for the next Samsung Tab to be released, it has an 11.6" screen (yes it is the retina display screen, same as iPad and yes it was made by Samsung so they are not copying anyone on that) but the tab is supposed to be the same size as the first - just hope they release it before my trip in June... It will also come with the Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4 software,,,

For Real

It will also come with the Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4 software,,,

Froyo 2.2 was pretty hot 12 months ago, Gingerbread was sparse.

Is there any check whereas the older devices an be upgraded?

Cipro

One reason I like Motorola; they are basically beautifully packaged reference hardware, my XOOM got ICS within a few days of release. I suspect the delay was putting the final release through QA sanity checking.

• Like 1
Gringo69

Not too sure but here is a link to a good article on upgrading Android - http://androidadvices.com/upgrade-android-mobile-ice-cream-sandwich/