Sent package to Cebu by U.S.P.S. 3 weeks ago, not there yet......

HeyMike

I agree with Samatm. I used FedEx and UPS to have small packages sent from the US to my wife's address in Cebu City. Always took forever and always had a hassle with paperwork and fees. I live in the province (Barili) and we don't have a street address here.

The last time I had to have a package sent from the States I told my wife to try USPS and have it sent to us here in Barili. It took 10 days to get here. A worker at the post office in Barili came to the house with a note saying we had a package at the local post office. I went down and signed a book and paid 40 pesos and received the package. They also gave me a receipt.

Since then, this is the way we always do it. Seems like packages arrive faster in the province than in the big cities.

It took me 3 months to get a package sent priority with USPS. Phil post is slow as hell. 2 weeks to get from the east coast to the philippines. 2 months and 2 weeks to get from manila to cebu. Amazingly, no one opened or stole anything from the 2 shipments i got.

Senseless;

You got lucky. Seriously.

After i met my in-laws for the first time in person I went back to the States and made a gift box. I went to a really nice thrift store in West Hollywood and got a lot of good quality clothes. I mean really good. Including a lovely flower dress i picked out for my wife. some earrings and a pearl necklace for Lola. Along with chocolate and school supplies for the nieces. I then sent it off through the post office and nothing for almost 2 months.

2 months later the box arrived and my wife said it was delivered partially opened and virtually empty. That was my first time experiencing Philpost. I have not used Philpost since.

Paul

First, I have not read a single reply to this thread. So, if I duplicate anything, apologies all around.

Now, three weeks is not a reasonable amount of time for a package to arrive in the Philippines. I would give it, oh, at least another two weeks and see then.

When the package arrives, a notice will be given to the family by the postman, stating there is a parcel waiting to be picked up at the post office. If they live in Cebu City, it will be the main post office down town. They will have to pay a fee, something like Php 40 to collect the package. They may also be required to open it in front of the postal inspector, prior to leaving with the package.

Glancing through the thread, I believe you stated you had ordered the item(s) through Amazon, but they did not ship to the Philippines. Amazon, to my knowledge, DOES ship to the Philippines. I would look into that a bit further, prior to going with someone else, from a third party shipping locations (ship to an address in the states, and then forward it to the Philippines).

My :)

Glancing through the thread, I believe you stated you had ordered the item(s) through Amazon, but they did not ship to the Philippines. Amazon, to my knowledge, DOES ship to the Philippines. I would look into that a bit further, prior to going with someone else, from a third party shipping locations (ship to an address in the states, and then forward it to the Philippines).

Paul;

Amazon does ship to the RP but only certain items. At checkout they will let you know whether they do ship the item in your chart or not. Other than that your post is spot on. Still, I will never forget nor forgive Philipost for stealing my wife's flower dress. Even though she never saw it I know she would have loved it. And i still say despite my bitterness towards Philpost do not send anything except letters or cards. If you send anything of value through Philpost, good luck.

Headshot

Another problem with having a commercial enterprise shipped (or mailed) directly to somebody in the Philippines is Philippine Customs. If the package is from an individual to an individual, then it will usually pass through customs with little difficulty (provided you don't itemize the contents and just use general terms like "household items" or "fabric for dresses"), but if the package comes from a commercial enterprise (such as Amazon), they will often just take the invoice and set the customs charge to match the amount on the invoice. They did that to me a couple of times before I figured it out. Also, customs has a list of things that they are always on the lookout for to impose a high tariff, and they aren't necessarily the things you would think. Books (new or used) is on their list. So...you need to be careful what you put on the customs form.

Edited by Headshot
David_LivinginTalisay

I have ordered a fair number of items through the Post be it USPS from the USA, Royal Mail from the UK or EMS form China or Hong Kong Post from Hong Kong. In each case it was a 'Signed For' Service meaning I had to sign a Receipt to prove it had been delivered.

I have never lost any item, so delivered by these Postal Services.

They all have TRACKING SERVICE and you should have received a Tracking No. so you determine its Status via On-Line Queary form

Orders Delivered in 10-14 Days

In practice however it might reach Manila in 10-14 days, but then take another week to get to Cebu, then another week to notify me that there is a Parcel that I have to collect from Talisay City Post Office.

So you need to allow 28 days minimum, I would suggest, or better still allow at least 6 weeks before thnking it has gone 'missing'.

shipping.jpg

If coming from or being delivered to the USA, via USPC, rerad the following NOTICE (from ChinaGrabber website):-

IMPORTANT: USA Clients Only

Due to the job cut backs from USPS, orders may take longer to be delivered.

If you are choosing the free shipping option we Highly recommend that you add "Signature required"

This will help insure that your item is delivered to the correct address and on time.

I tend to use MyShoppingBox.com to receive items ordered from Amazon.com (Free Shipping in many cases), as well as items I want sent Sea Freight (like Engine oil and XT225 centerStand and Footrests etc).

However MyShoppingBox.com will no longer accept items containing Lithium Cells, so I will use or USA2Pilipinas.com that send via Air Freight to Manila then it gets dispatched to me here in Cebu via Air21 Courier, as they dont have such Lithim batteries Restriction (yet!).

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
tomaw

We use LBC for B/B boxes from San Diego. $65 to Cebu and usually 6 wks. Never had a problem.

..........That's what we'll probably do. Thanks.
tomaw

I think Cary and David are both right. Paul was right in that Amazon probably does ship to the Philippines but not all items they sell. As David pointed out, it may have been turned down for being a battery or maybe all electronics get rejected. By the way, the battery can be purchased in Cebu but for WAY more money! It seems that electronics are some of the few items that are cheaper in The U.S. than R.P.

Edited by tomaw
Paul
maybe all electronics get rejected

No. I have shipped, or had someone ship electronics to the Philippines for me in the past. One thing off the top of my head, was my VOIP adapter.

I still say it may get to its intended location. I would give it more time, before simply ordering another one. That is, unless you are under some sort of time constraint. In that case, go ahead and order another of the item and ship it through one of the companies suggested in this thread.

• Admin (Retired)
broden
Paul was right

don't ever say that

we'll never hear the end of it

tomaw

..........That's what we'll probably do. Thanks.

How does LBC compare in price to FedEx, U.P.S. and DHL? $65 must be for a good size box of stuff. Can I send just one small item with LBC?
tomaw

No. I have shipped, or had someone ship electronics to the Philippines for me in the past. One thing off the top of my head, was my VOIP adapter.

I still say it may get to its intended location. I would give it more time, before simply ordering another one. That is, unless you are under some sort of time constraint. In that case, go ahead and order another of the item and ship it through one of the companies suggested in this thread.

..........OK. I'll give it another month. No rush. Not sure the thieves would want these items. Not much they could do with them without having the camcoder they go with. Edited by tomaw

..........OK. I'll give it another month. No rush. Not sure the thieves would want these items. Not much they could do with them without having the camcoder they go with.

Oh, don't you worry about a camcorder. They will steal one from some other poor bastard that decided to send one in the mail.

• 3 weeks later...
tomaw

It finally got there !!! It only took about 7 weeks. I'm just glad it got there at all. Next time I'll use LBC, FedEx, UPS or DHL. Unless it is something that just can't be gotten in Cebu (such as a snowmobile, comunications satelite or toilet seats) or if the item is just too expensive there, I'll just wire money.

Edited by tomaw