Sent package to Cebu by U.S.P.S. 3 weeks ago, not there yet......

tomaw

We sent a battery and charger for a camcorder to my my wife's relatives 3 weeks ago from California and it's not there yet. We fear it may have been stolen. If we re-buy and send again is there a quicker and safer service to use?

Tom;

It is likely that it is gone because when you use the postal system in the States its fine; however, once it arrives in the RP it then goes through Philpost. I have posted and so have others that if you send anything through Philpost it better be just letters or post cards. I sent my wife a gift box and it arrived almost 2 months later, virtually empty.

To your question:

The best is Fedx or UPS. They are the most expensive but they are reliable and your in-laws will get what you send them. As for your original shipment, you can try to contact Philpost but its very difficult to get a hold of anyone. Goodluck.

lazydays

I would give it 6 to 8 weeks before giving up, once it hits Manila its snails pace from there.

Previous small parcels i've sent to Mindanao usually take @ 6 weeks.

towboat72

lots of luck on that one .u might as well figure its gone .i have used lbc to ship things like that and had good luck .

if your package got to the pill postol service it was treated like a christmas presant and some one has it .

• Like 1
tomaw

Tom;

It is likely that it is gone because when you use the postal system in the States its fine; however, once it arrives in the RP it then goes through Philpost. I have posted and so have others that if you send anything through Philpost it better be just letters or post cards. I sent my wife a gift box and it arrived almost 2 months later, virtually empty.

To your question:

The best is Fedx or UPS. They are the most expensive but they are reliable and your in-laws will get what you send them. As for your original shipment, you can try to contact Philpost but its very difficult to get a hold of anyone. Goodluck.

...........Thanks. That is pretty much the answer I was expecting. I'll try again using FedEx.

I have bought stuff on ebay in the US and shipped it to Cebu, it was priority with tracking. It takes about one week to Manila and then 2 1/2 weeks from Manila to Cebu. Standard shipping may be longer. I also ordered stuff on ebay in Hong Kong which took about 2 weeks total. However, most stuff is available in the Philippines when it comes to electronic equipment charger, battery etc.

• Like 1
samatm

Depends where it was shipped to. Some offices are very unorganized(like LapuLapu) and boxes and envelopes can just sit and rot for days and weeks inside the rats clutter without being noticed waiting for a pickup notice to go out to the address. Where-as in some provincial towns. when they see a package come in. Its such rare occurrence that the news of the box's arrival makes it to the intended address before the pick up slip.

And as a previous post replied. Its much too early to hit the panic button. Give it 6 to 8 weeks. I think they will get it. !

Edited by samatm
richard90027

I have had many things stolen by Philpost, don't use anymore. good luck Call Manila forwarders in California I've had good luck with them

Edited by richard90027
tomaw

I have bought stuff on ebay in the US and shipped it to Cebu, it was priority with tracking. It takes about one week to Manila and then 2 1/2 weeks from Manila to Cebu. Standard shipping may be longer. I also ordered stuff on ebay in Hong Kong which took about 2 weeks total. However, most stuff is available in the Philippines when it comes to electronic equipment charger, battery etc.

...................We ordered off of Amazon but they don't ship to the Philippines. We had it delived to our address in California then we sent it via the post office.
tomaw

Thanks for the information. At Christmas time we thought of getting a Balikbayan Box. We know it takes a long time because it goes on a ship not a plane. Just wondering about how safe it is and if it really saves money.

tomaw

lots of luck on that one .u might as well figure its gone .i have used lbc to ship things like that and had good luck .

if your package got to the pill postol service it was treated like a christmas presant and some one has it .

............LBC sounds like a good idea. I sent flowers to my fiance (now my wife) and they arrived by LBC. I think they are cheaper than FedEx or UPS, not sure though.We may try them.

Tom;

Basically anyone from LBC, UPS, Fedx, DHL. anyone will do. Just do not use Philpost. Philpost is great for letters and cards but anything of value lookout. About 2-3 months ago on TV World they ran a story of a Philpost worker getting caught stealing. Philpost got up and said that was a rare case. I do not remember whether it was Ted Failon or Noli deCastro, but one of those guys were caught laughing at that. He caught himself after he realized the camera was on him. Everyone knows about Philpost here. Thats why when I have gotten a few things from Ebay Philippines, they do not use Philpost. They will use local carriers because again if its of value and it goes through Philpost, it may or may not arrive.

raytech

Thanks for the information. At Christmas time we thought of getting a Balikbayan Box. We know it takes a long time because it goes on a ship not a plane. Just wondering about how safe it is and if it really saves money.

We use LBC for B/B boxes from San Diego. $65 to Cebu and usually 6 wks. Never had a problem.
  • Like 2

I sent a BB box last October from Toronto. It arrived just before Xmas and in one piece with nothing missing. It was sent via LBC and the cost was CDN$70. There is no weght restriction with their standard boxes. I was very pleased with LBC's BB box service.

As for Philpost.. :banghead: I gave up on them a long time ago. As a previous writer wrote, the western mail system is not the problem. The problem occurs when your letter, card, package arrives in Philippines. Anything with a Western return address or postage on it screams STEAL ME! Western letters/cards/packages are all presumed to contain cash or some other thing of value and are regularly ripped open by someone looking to supplement their income.

senseless

We sent a battery and charger for a camcorder to my my wife's relatives 3 weeks ago from California and it's not there yet. We fear it may have been stolen. If we re-buy and send again is there a quicker and safer service to use?

It took me 3 months to get a package sent priority with USPS. Phil post is slow as hell. 2 weeks to get from the east coast to the philippines. 2 months and 2 weeks to get from manila to cebu. Amazingly, no one opened or stole anything from the 2 shipments i got.

Edited by senseless