Movies from iTunes, experience of those in the Philippines

Jawny

I wonder if members living here have had success buying movies from iTunes?

I have a slower than normal connection as I live away from any sort of cable or such. I use a Globe wireless and it is quite adequate for downloading songs and such. A typical song download will take five to ten minutes. However, I do notice that a single HD podcast download may take several hours to complete.

Just wondered about the experiences of those here, good or bad.

I also have had pretty good luck with the iTunes billing side whenever I had a problem with a song/album. It may take several back and forth emails, but eventually I got a song credit for anything that failed to load.

senseless

I wonder if members living here have had success buying movies from iTunes?

I have a slower than normal connection as I live away from any sort of cable or such. I use a Globe wireless and it is quite adequate for downloading songs and such. A typical song download will take five to ten minutes. However, I do notice that a single HD podcast download may take several hours to complete.

Just wondered about the experiences of those here, good or bad.

I also have had pretty good luck with the iTunes billing side whenever I had a problem with a song/album. It may take several back and forth emails, but eventually I got a song credit for anything that failed to load.

The download speed is going to be limited by globe, not itunes. I can download songs off amazon digital downloads in like 30 seconds per song, same with itunes when i used it previously. I'm on PLDT.

itunes all around sucks ass, poor support, poor billing proceedures, crappy programming. There is a flaw in their billing platform that allows people to charge orders to other people's billing accounts. I had over 1000$ of fraud against my paypal account (because of the itunes billing agreement). Basically, a user/hacker/jackass would setup an order in their account, then they would go to complete the payment and change the variables so that the charge would actually come through user b's account (without needing to know user b's password).

If you have not tried amazon's online service. I would recommend it. It's not perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than itunes. The biggest point for me is that amazon delivers mp3 files, not some retarded copyright protected worthless piece of shit that you can only play in the annoying/ugly as hell itunes/apple players, etc. With amazon mp3s you don't need to be allowed to download the file more than once like with itunes. Once you buy it it's yours, they don't try to scam you into buying things multiple times. You just save all your music to your amazon digital library, and then download it as you wish and have the online back up if anything happens to your music. The amazon downloader is just a lightweight little program that downloads content from their servers. They've also got a web player so you can stream music/etc from the web app without having to download anything.

Anyway, you are talking about movies not music. Amazon has some sort of online movie/video thing, but I've never used it.

Jawny

Thanks for the useful info about Amazon. That's not a method I can use. I'm restricted to using iTunes. I'll be attentive to the risk of using iTunes and potential fraud.