New Heatsink

• Admin (Retired)
broden

just noticed the tracking for my stuff in email

i should have it thursday.

once i get that taken care of i'm off to the races.

not gonna overclock yet. not till i need to and right now this thing should run the hell out of everything with out any want or need to overclock

musicman666

So you got the one with liquid coolent .... Stupid question I know.

USMC-Retired

Can we tell he is excited.......

• Like 1
Cipro

I had one liquid cooled machine, and it was one of the warmest running I've ever had. It was also very temperature stable, always ran about the SAME temp, so I guess that's good but I like air cooled, heck if they could do it I like passive air cooled.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i have liquid cooled now but i'm unhappy with it.. so i'm switching it to this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

with an additional fan attached to it to make it push-pull

it'll more than do the job even if i overclock eventually

• Admin (Retired)
broden

once i get all that done than i can stress test everything and load up the games

musicman666

I see... Yeah I have something from coolermaster called a v8... No complaints but then I don't overclock.

Edited by musicman666
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

It would be nice if they got this to work: http://gigaom.com/ap...-of-the-future/

But I hear that dust building up on the charged surfaces is the main hurdle to this technology.

yeah that sounds pretty cool

never know what some mad scientist will come up with next

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I see... Yeah I have something from coolermaster called a v8... No complaints but then I don't overclock.

cm makes good stuff.. i was originally thinking of going with a much bigger heatsink actually... but after some checking around i found that the one i'm getting when you strap the second fan on it it is just as good or better than other larger ones.. plus i won't have to move my memory out of the way

tom_shor
Experienced

if they could do it I like passive air cooled.

Two Words: Mac. Mini.

My media center here in Cebu. Runs 24/7 in non-aircon environment. Cools fine.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Try one of these. They move the air pretty well. (A little noisey though)

http://www.google.co...9QEwBw&dur=5140

haha just might

but well the pc is only a 6 ot 7 feet from my air conditioner i guess i could strap it on to there

tom_shor

haha just might

but well the pc is only a 6 ot 7 feet from my air conditioner i guess i could strap it on to there

If you use the other one make sure the computer is bolted down. Don't leave any loose papers around either.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

If you use the other one make sure the computer is bolted down. Don't leave any loose papers around either.

this is the reason i come to this forum. this kind of rock solid down to earth help and advice