New iPad

musicman666

I need my tab key!!! Still cannot find it - how would you move from the field to the next, e.g., as in the address part of the email? :dance:

you just poke each field with your finger... to make it live.. then type with the touchpad.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miles-high

• musicman666

• davewe

• Cuda

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The iPad sits between a MacBook and an iPhone.... It's aimed at a certain market .... It sounds to me like the op should have got a MacBook.   I use the iPad for what it's designed to be ...it's a g

I have no answer for you. I own a blu ray player. I have friends who still do VHS or whatever comes across their cable. I suppose they might say "hey it still plays movies, and they'd be right." But f

have you tried looking here:  

How does the 3 compare to the 2? Faster processor and HD screen I guess but does somebody have both and can compare?

Price in the Philippines is about the same as in the US, 22,000 pesos.

I wish I could have a mouse for my iphone as well; that sure would be convenient :dance:

I have been an Apple fan (hate the word fanboy) for over 20 years and buy many Apple products. At the same time i bought the new ipad I bought the new Apple TV. While this product has some limitations compared to some media boxes, what it does it does very very well in an elegant Apple way.

One thing I love is that when using the new ipad (also ipad 2) is that when the Apple TV is on, with one touch on the ipad, anything you are looking at gets mirrored on your TV; incredibly cool and easy to use.

Like I say, I drank the Apple koolaid long ago. One thing about Apple is that they rarely take a major step backwards (can you say Vista) so that upgrading to a new version of one of their products is almost always worth it.

musicman666

How does the 3 compare to the 2? Faster processor and HD screen I guess but does somebody have both and can compare?

seems to me like an upgrade for the gamers ....ipad2 for me is not lacking ...i never had an issue with the speed or the res but then i never saw a 3 ....and i dont want to otherwise i might have to buy it.

The new display is the star of the show. I haven't seen a dramatic performance improvement but I suppose we will need to gradually see app makers take advantage of the new processor to see what it can do. And as I mentioned before, the dictation function works well and quickly. I am already using it for simple messaging and will experiment on writing longer stuff.

The downside is that because of the larger battery to support the new screen, the new ipad is slightly thicker and heavier than ipad 2. It is noticeable but not terribly different in that regard.

I need my tab key!!! Still cannot find it - how would you move from the field to the next, e.g., as in the address part of the email? :baseballbat:

Above the "keypad" on the left are buttons "previous" and "next".

its touch screen.. you dont need a mouse.... just touch the screen and move around and press buttons with your fingers...

Can't live without the mouse

I can't wait for the day that desktop screens are touch sensitive, to throw the mouse away in the trash.

I can't wait for the day that desktop screens are touch sensitive, to throw the mouse away in the trash.

they already make them. All in models without tower.

KennyF
Do you know of any platforms with more free apps (at least apps that you'd want to have) available than iOS?

Yes, Windows. All you need is the OS and everything else can be found as freeware.

There is a reason Apple can not rise above 10% of the PC market, and it's not just price.

And as an aside, my 10" HDMI China pad (9,000 pesos delivered) has 2 x USB ports so I can add any USB hardware I want.

It also came with a leather cover with built in keyboard.

KonGC

• Like 1

Yes, Windows. All you need is the OS and everything else can be found as freeware.

There is a reason Apple can not rise above 10% of the PC market, and it's not just price.

And as an aside, my 10" HDMI China pad (9,000 pesos delivered) has 2 x USB ports so I can add any USB hardware I want.

It also came with a leather cover with built in keyboard.

KonGC

Not sure you really want to use numbers to prove your point. I work for one of the largest tech companies in the world and while we hate to admit it, we'd love to do what Apple does, and despite our 55 billion in annual sales we're desperated trying to copy their model.

First off in North America, Mac market share is around 15% and rising. While ever major PC vendor in the West is struggling to retain PC sales (and are screaming at us to help them) the Mac has come back from irrelevancy to become quite relevant again.

ipad market share is 55% of worldwide tablet sales and the new ipad ain't gonna hurt. With the exception of the Kindle Fire, every competing tablet has died in the marketplace. Sure there's a bunch of competitors now, so that Android can claim their combined market share is growing massively, but they're mostly dogs that have lost money for nearly every vendor. We're hoping that Windows 8 will be a winner in the tablet space but at best that won't happen till Xmas season.

Apple has gone from near bankruptcy to being the largest tech company in the world, even bigger than those guys in Seattle. So, you're right, numbers dont lie.

Apple's success comes as much from what they don't include in their products as what they do. So no you don't get a keyboard, you don't get a mouse, and you don't get a bunch of ports. That's by design. If you want those things - buy a laptop. But by understanding what users really want, they give you an easy to use, fun, lightweight device with 10 hours of battery life.

One example: when the iphone and then ipad came out, Apple detractors yelled and screamed cause it didn't include Flash support. Steve Jobs refused to bow to pressure and continue to state that Flash sucked for mobile devices and ruined battery life. What was the outcome? Just after Jobs' death, Adobe quietly announced they were stopping development of Flash for all mobile devices.

Jobs' strategy works and while it isnt for everyone the products are beloved by many. As I say I work for a company that in most cases competes with Apple. And you wouldn't belive how many of us own and love Apple products.

• Like 1
musicman666

im wondering how many design hours went into your average chinese no brand tablet as opposed to what apple does when it brings a product to market? Lack of thought in design might not be obvious at first but it will start emerge as time goes on.

. And you wouldn't belive how many of us own and love Apple products.

I would believe it, you are Apple's targeted audience. Dudes with no life past reading and gadgets. Kind of like nerds on "Big Bang "

LOL ,just kidding.

Edited by Cuda
KennyF

The fact remains, does it do what you require?

If yes, buy it.

If no, don't.

It's as simple as that.

I want a phone that I can run Skype on, make cheap calls and send the odd text.

My LG 500 with Android 2.2 does that for $120 purchase price.

I want a sim card that will allow me to make cheap calls.

My Amaysim does that. 15 cents a minute to all Oz phones and 15 cents a minute to most world landlines.

I want a tablet that I can watch video on, listen to MP3 books and use wifi when overseas

My 10" China pad at $200 does that (10" Android 2.3 are $150 now, I guess because IceCream is out).

Tell me why I should spend 3 or 4 times that?

KonGC

The fact remains, does it do what you require?

If yes, buy it.

If no, don't.

It's as simple as that.

I want a phone that I can run Skype on, make cheap calls and send the odd text.

My LG 500 with Android 2.2 does that for $120 purchase price.

I want a sim card that will allow me to make cheap calls.

My Amaysim does that. 15 cents a minute to all Oz phones and 15 cents a minute to most world landlines.

I want a tablet that I can watch video on, listen to MP3 books and use wifi when overseas

My 10" China pad at $200 does that (10" Android 2.3 are $150 now, I guess because IceCream is out).

Tell me why I should spend 3 or 4 times that?

KonGC

I have no answer for you. I own a blu ray player. I have friends who still do VHS or whatever comes across their cable. I suppose they might say "hey it still plays movies, and they'd be right." But for me it's worth watching a movie in a more theater-like environment and I'll pay the premium for the privilege.

Most people are nuts about something and they notice the difference: a car, a home, a particular brand barbecue, certain types of tools, a guitar, etc.

I pay the $7.99/month for Netflix streaming. My daughter loves it. Does she watch it over our 60" HDTV? Nope. She watches it on her little iPod touch. lol. That would drive me crazy. It would also drive me crazy to watch a movie on a poorer tablet display, especially once I'd seen the iPad retina display.

For some people a car is just a means to get from point A to point B. For others it's how you get there that counts. I would never criticize someone for enjoying their Chinese Android tablet. But for me the noticeably superior technology is worth considering.

• Like 2