New iPad

Jawny

Apple has a multitude of web-based services. You can download a pdf user manual for starters. There are also various tutorials and such available from Apple. That's just for starters. YouTube videos are great for becoming familiar with iOS products and the like. You can use external keyboards of that is easier for you. Sorta defeats the advantages of having the entire system held in one hand. If you're really serious about using the iPad, then there are even workshops in Apple Stores.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miles-high

• musicman666

• davewe

• Cuda

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The iPad sits between a MacBook and an iPhone.... It's aimed at a certain market .... It sounds to me like the op should have got a MacBook.   I use the iPad for what it's designed to be ...it's a g

I have no answer for you. I own a blu ray player. I have friends who still do VHS or whatever comes across their cable. I suppose they might say "hey it still plays movies, and they'd be right." But f

have you tried looking here:  

the.lone.gunman

The tablets and I-pads are really amazing these days. For me it's not about the "computer" any more, it's about the wifi connection. Does anyone know what the connectivity range is for an I-pad ? Are there antennas available or signal boosters that really work ?

Edited by the.lone.gunman

Besides connecting to a blutooth keyboard, I have gotten used to the soft keys. In addition the new iPad (which I too just scored) has a great new Siri-based dictation function, that in my initial tests seems accurate and very fast. Enjoy your new toy. Let's see if you get hooked.

miles-high

Thank you, Davewe, I am enjoying my new toyso much so that I bought a white one today. The one I bought yesterday was black.

I never liked the soft keys on various cellphones (that’s why I only buy cellphones with hard keyboards except the blackberry which I got rid of quick) but this one’s different – it’s large and user friendly…

So far so good – if millions of people like it, so should I… :D

liquido

I will be back in the USA late april for a few weeks and the apple store will be my first stop to buy a new Ipad..I already have an Ipod for jogging and im very pleased with it.Im really looking forward to seeing the quality of the screen. on the new Ipad.

Justin Kredible
Besides connecting to a blutooth keyboard, I have gotten used to the soft keys. In addition the new iPad (which I too just scored) has a great new Siri-based dictation function, that in my initial tests seems accurate and very fast. Enjoy your new toy. Let's see if you get hooked.

I finally picked up an Ipad 1 off Craigslist - got a good deal ($230) for one in mint condition. I live in a high crime area, so I am loathe to get a new one. (The new super high resolution screen and the Siri dictation would have been nice, though as davewe noted.) The Ipad is also simple to Jailbreak and makes for a decent e-reader.

• Like 1
miles-high

I am still looking for the "tab" key... :D

• Like 1

Ahhhhhhhh… no mouse? It would be very interesting… No Bluetooth? How would you interface with a GPS then? Oh, well, I have a lot to learn… :D

As with anything Apple, there is an application for sale .

Experienced

As with anything Apple, there is an application for sale .

Nobody's hardware comes with more or higher quality bundled applications that Apple's... it's not even close. A user with basic requirements can get along just fine with a full rich media experience (web, productivity, music, photos, HD video editing, the works) and never buy a 3rd party application. On the iOS platform the Apps you really need are most free and the premium office tools (Pages, Numbers, Presentation) are I think $9.99 each. And that's about as expensive as apps ever get on that platform. Add to that what is pretty clearly the best underlying operating system on the market and your comment starts to look especially dumb. Apple does charge a premium price, but for that you get a superior design philosophy that permeates the entire platform, a highly capable machine that doesn't need to be expanded or tweaked to get it to perform reliably, and pretty good integration (still a big opportunity for improvement there) between the computing, telephony, and digital media devices.

• Like 1

Nobody's hardware comes with more or higher quality bundled applications that Apple's... it's not even close. A user with basic requirements can get along just fine with a full rich media experience (web, productivity, music, photos, HD video editing, the works) and never buy a 3rd party application. On the iOS platform the Apps you really need are most free and the premium office tools (Pages, Numbers, Presentation) are I think $9.99 each. And that's about as expensive as apps ever get on that platform. Add to that what is pretty clearly the best underlying operating system on the market and your comment starts to look especially dumb. Apple does charge a premium price, but for that you get a superior design philosophy that permeates the entire platform, a highly capable machine that doesn't need to be expanded or tweaked to get it to perform reliably, and pretty good integration (still a big opportunity for improvement there) between the computing, telephony, and digital media devices.

Not sure why are you calling me dumb when you agree that they sell add ons.

Experienced

Not sure why are you calling me dumb when you agree that they sell add ons.

Certainly not calling YOU dumb (that would be against the rules!), just your post...

Do you know of any platforms that do NOT have "an application for sale?" Do you know of any platforms with more free apps (at least apps that you'd want to have) available than iOS?

As it turns out there is NOT an application for sale for either of the technologies mentioned - the mouse is not supported in iOS, so an app is not available at any price for that, and the Bluetooth support is built into the bundled software, so there's not an app for sale for that either.

• Like 1

Certainly not calling YOU dumb (that would be against the rules!), just your post...

Do you know of any platforms that do NOT have "an application for sale?" Do you know of any platforms with more free apps (at least apps that you'd want to have) available than iOS?

As it turns out there is NOT an application for sale for either of the technologies mentioned - the mouse is not supported in iOS, so an app is not available at any price for that, and the Bluetooth support is built into the bundled software, so there's not an app for sale for that either.

No application for mouse ? Apple sucks !

Experienced

No application for mouse ? Apple sucks !

Yes, I really do wish they'd add one, then I could leave my laptop at home and just add a small bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the iPad when I travel. The new tablet blows away any netbook on the planet, performance-wise and the screen has enough resolution to do real design work with the right apps. A backspace function would be nice too. Aesthetic purity can get in the way of a good experience sometimes. I expect them to address both these shortcomings eventually.

musicman666

Yes, I really do wish they'd add one, then I could leave my laptop at home and just add a small bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the iPad when I travel. The new tablet blows away any netbook on the planet, performance-wise and the screen has enough resolution to do real design work with the right apps. A backspace function would be nice too. Aesthetic purity can get in the way of a good experience sometimes. I expect them to address both these shortcomings eventually.

its touch screen.. you dont need a mouse.... just touch the screen and move around and press buttons with your fingers...

miles-high

I need my tab key!!! Still cannot find it - how would you move from the field to the next, e.g., as in the address part of the email? :dance:

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 1