New iPad

miles-high

Just bought a new iPad (not in the Philippines)… a very nice looking gadget that is… been playing with it for about half an hour… very impressive, amazingly user friendly (first time Apple user)… I know it is one of the two tablets that can be approved by FAA for in-flight use (the other is Fujitsu tablet)… would have to figure out what would be compatible with MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word… and how to add a full-size keyboard/mouse (blue tooth?)… no manual included, I suppose it is online... ^_^

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miles-high

• musicman666

• davewe

• Cuda

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The iPad sits between a MacBook and an iPhone.... It's aimed at a certain market .... It sounds to me like the op should have got a MacBook.   I use the iPad for what it's designed to be ...it's a g

I have no answer for you. I own a blu ray player. I have friends who still do VHS or whatever comes across their cable. I suppose they might say "hey it still plays movies, and they'd be right." But f

have you tried looking here:  

Experienced

Sorry, no mouse on an iPad. Even Bluetooth. iOS is the problem... no support for mice. Steve didn't want you to have one for religious reasons. You're supposed to use your finger. ;-)

Plenty of keyboard options though.

miles-high

Ahhhhhhhh… no mouse? It would be very interesting… No Bluetooth? How would you interface with a GPS then? Oh, well, I have a lot to learn… ^_^

Experienced

Ahhhhhhhh… no mouse? It would be very interesting… No Bluetooth? How would you interface with a GPS then? Oh, well, I have a lot to learn… ^_^

Bluetooth, yes... but mice are not supported in the OS so there's nothing for them to talk to.

USMC-Retired
MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word

There is a pesudu version in the App store. That allows you write save and open MS documents.

Quick Office.

http://www.quickoffice.com/

Edited by Norseman
Headshot

Sorry, no mouse on an iPad. Even Bluetooth. iOS is the problem... no support for mice. Steve didn't want you to have one for religious reasons. You're supposed to use your finger. ;-)

Plenty of keyboard options though.

Well...Broden can't use that then...he's finger-challenged. ^_^

miles-high

Wow iPad got a gooooooood speaker(s)… I usually need to connect my notebook/netbook/tablets to my Bose QC15 to listen to music (my desktop is also connected to a Bose system)… but I could not find any phone jack on iPad, so I listened to:

through iPad speaker(s)…

Not bad, not bad at all… Quite impressive… ^_^

Mang Kanor

there are a few brand that sells bluetooth keyboard logitech is one, some of them are with free smart covers.

didnt buy a bluetooth keyboard tho as the qwerty keyboard on the touch screen is big enough for my fingers to type in.

mice is not needed as its a touch screen, only little issue i have is when doing copy paste, sometimes it copies more than what I want, sometimes it wont.

musicman666

The iPad sits between a MacBook and an iPhone.... It's aimed at a certain market .... It sounds to me like the op should have got a MacBook.

I use the iPad for what it's designed to be ...it's a goto device that you carry around like a magazine and use with wireless in the home and around malls.. Or perhaps on the work desk as a sumplement when using a desktop.

Attaching external devices to try and turn it into a MacBook is not what it was designed to do... It defeats the object.

• Like 2
rfm010
but I could not find any phone jack on iPad,

472-565-large.jpg

• Like 1

472-565-large.jpg

I think he meant input jack.

But if you want an output from the device, it's better to tap into the direct out from the dock connector plug.

musicman666

I think he meant input jack.

But if you want an output from the device, it's better to tap into the direct out from the dock connector plug.

I think it was output .... I use Bose qc on mine from the jack and it's great quality.

I can't see any advantage to tapping the connector plug for output..... For input you have no choice... It's the connector plug or wireless.

Edited by musicman666
miles-high

Thank you all for your help… I am slowly learning Apple’s minimalist "form follows function" philosophy… :ROFLMAO:

musicman666

Thank you all for your help… I am slowly learning Apple’s minimalist "form follows function" philosophy… :ROFLMAO:

I tell you once the penny drops you will love the iPad.... It's not just the hardware or the software... Its the whole concept package ...a lot of top designers thought this one through from top to bottom and your getting the benefit of all that effort in one compact unit.

Just got a new iPad for my wife and of course she loves it. The box has been open for about 3 hours. Breakdown so far is split pretty evenly between facebook, taking pictures and playing games. Incredibly sharp display!

As a note....it's been in my hands for....ummm....around 5 minutes!