Lapu Lapu Arnis Escrima Kali Classes - searching to learn

CebuNegros

CebuNegros

Lapu Lapu is famous as an escrimadore yet I cannot find a class here in Lapu Lapu.

I am not interested in a Karate, Jujitsu class with sticks calling itself Arnis but looking for the real deal.

If anyone knows of a teacher in the area or a class being held I would love to hear about it.

I know there are many across the bridge but I am hoping for one in Lapu Lapu itself.

Thanks all and I hope there is something available.

Pete

I don't think you will find one on Mactan. My recommendation is the Doces Pares Gym in Banilad.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Balintawak

Mark Mark :) There is Both Doce pares and Lapunti in Mactan. Ill be going home soon aswell, if you want to hook up for practice.

Regards

Andy

• Like 1
CebuNegros

HI Any further information on location of classes. times or phone numbers?

Where abouts on Mactan are these lessons?

Thanks

CebuNegros

apparently there is a Lapunti Arnis Lapu Lapu Chapter but I cannot find an address or contact details.

Did you mention you are trained in Arnis and want to practise in the Lapu Lapu area?

I live in Cordova if you ever want to meet..

Alfred E. Neuman

I'd suggest you go beyond Mactan bridge and join Ciriaco Canete(arnis founder) in banilad Sto.Nino village. Those who are very serious to learn from other countries look for him, he is the living legend. You won't have trouble with scheduling.

• Like 1
Mark L

looking for the real deal.

Pete, If you really want the "real deal" as you say, then take the advice given by me and RGC Striker. Go see the Doces Pares Grand Master in Banilad. After you learn from him, then you can practice with Andy (Balintawak) when he returns to Mactan.
David Kennedy

Is the thing with sticks only good IF you have stick(s) with you in a fight? Other than doing it for the sport of it I mean..

Alfred E. Neuman

Is the thing with sticks only good IF you have stick(s) with you in a fight? Other than doing it for the sport of it I mean..

Like most martial art schools, it is evolving. They're also into grappling and practical fighting.

CNE Tower

Part of the training also involves fighting with empty hands like poking the eyes with one hand, delivering a karate blow to the glotis, kicking the shin, or hitting the crotch.

Balintawak

apparently there is a Lapunti Arnis Lapu Lapu Chapter but I cannot find an address or contact details.

Its in kinalumsan, just ask across the gas station for Atty Arman. they practice in his yard. he also have a sari just across the gas station there.

I live in Cordova if you ever want to meet..

Did you mention you are trained in Arnis and want to practise in the Lapu Lapu area?

5-6 years active or so. my style is kali sikaran. Its founded from Sweden, with a touch of the different parts in filipino fighting styles from weapons to boxing/muy thai.

I'd suggest you go beyond Mactan bridge and join Ciriaco Canete(arnis founder) in banilad Sto.Nino village. Those who are very serious to learn from other countries look for him, he is the living legend. You won't have trouble with scheduling.

Diony is in Banilad, Cacoy is located in C. Padilla Street

Sticks is only extension of the armc:) its same movement with empy hands, small objects/knifes as with sticks n swords.

Which one is the best style? any style has good and bad, but it sums up in the person who practice. For me doce pares is not the one i like the most, nor the worst. They do have great fighters, which also practice hard for it..

the schools you heard about is the schools where you also pay white mans price hehe.. unless you know someone.

Balintawak

ye sure we can meet, if not only for a san mig :)

ill be back in early june.

Regading what style, we figure that out. I have good friends in most of the places and Grandmasters/masters.

Edited by Balintawak
  • 2 weeks later...
CebuNegros

ye sure we can meet, if not only for a san mig :)

ill be back in early june.

Regading what style, we figure that out. I have good friends in most of the places and Grandmasters/masters.

Yes it would be great to meet.

I live in Cordova and spend most my time at Cordova Home Village.

Not done any Arnis but a lot of Kung Fu.

Very interested to train even in a very relaxed way.

I did find the Lapunti branch ust up from Upon Market at Kaliwasan.

Ill train there but if I can find a foreigner teacher that would be great.

Cheers

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
CebuNegros

Pete, If you really want the "real deal" as you say, then take the advice given by me and RGC Striker. Go see the Doces Pares Grand Master in Banilad. After you learn from him, then you can practice with Andy (Balintawak) when he returns to Mactan.

Hey Mark I lost my cell phone send me a PM with your number in it so I can give you a text.

In regards to the thread there is a school of Lapunti Arnis just up from Upon Market in Lapu Lapu if any foreigners want to get to gether and learn this style together that would be great.

expat08

Lapu Lapu is famous as an escrimadore yet I cannot find a class here in Lapu Lapu.

I am not interested in a Karate, Jujitsu class with sticks calling itself Arnis but looking for the real deal.

If anyone knows of a teacher in the area or a class being held I would love to hear about it.

I know there are many across the bridge but I am hoping for one in Lapu Lapu itself.

Thanks all and I hope there is something available.

Pete

Google it and start emailing calling around. Arnis or Kali Escrima is done about everywhere you go in the Visayas. Balamban, Cordova, Basak Mandaue, Apas Lahug......Alot of practioneers branch off into knife combat also.