This means WAR!

Bill H

I've had it with Globe. Repeated requests for help to over come the absurdly low performance/connection issues is greeted with lip service at best. Today, after sending them the umpteenth request for assistance, they responded with this:

Greetings!

We appreciate the time you have taken in writing us regarding your concern. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you upon checking in our there was no trouble found around 1 pm today.

Thank you for choosing Globe. We appreciate your business.

They say this, but I'm unable to log onto my bank, Yahoo, and my email only works it bits and spurts and can take an hour or more to finally get a connection. Chat function on my email keeps dropping. In short their service sucks. Not only that, I'm supposed to be getting a minimum of .5 mbs, but I frequently clock in below .30 and sometimes as low as 0.1!! I'm so mad I could spit! Well, I did spit, but it didn't do a damn bit of good.

The last time they actually sent out a repair guy he spent most of his time trying to get me to upgrade to faster service at twice the price. To that I responded that I'd be happy to give that some consideration if only they would make the service I'm already paying for function as advertised!

In response to the above letter I told them to just cancel my service altogether. The last time I did that they ignored me completely. This time I'm not going to pay the bill.

Comments, suggestions or the lone of heavy artillery and perhaps a few bombers greatly appreciated.

Bill

I think its all about location.

My wife is in Manila. Just got globe wimax. On speed test. net we are getting 1.8 down and 1.6 up with good pings. She is able to to skype, do banking in Canada, and Philippines. So far so good. All for the price of 999

Bill H

I think its all about location.

My wife is in Manila. Just got globe wimax. On speed test. net we are getting 1.8 down and 1.6 up with good pings. She is able to to skype, do banking in Canada, and Philippines. So far so good. All for the price of 999

Of course, it's Manila, everything is faster there. Here, Globe sucks!

Bill

USMC-Retired

It does not matter what service you get. Location is key. The service is over sold in many areas. Additionally they patch work the network. As some say they have both globe and smart. Additionally customer service can not assist you. They have a flip chart that gives them canned responses. Additionally they contract work to have you installed. This is going out to the lowest bidder for contract. Sadly this leads to more incompetence. Not sure what type of connection you have however with that I can even give you more details.

Edited by Norseman
spooks

PLDT are no better once out of manila you can be in real trouble. My old place in CDO we paid or 3mb. no pointt if no packets etc

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Global thermonuclear war?

• Like 1
Topper

Global thermonuclear war?

Wouldn't you rather play a nice game of Chess? (Quote from War Games)

• Like 1
HeyMike

Bill, just a thought, but could a configuration setup or something be off... or something checked (ticked) that should not be. Probably not, but a thought anyway.

afmayer

It does not matter what service you get. Location is key. The service is over sold in many areas. Additionally they patch work the network. As some say they have both globe and smart. Additionally customer service can not assist you. They have a flip chart that gives them canned responses. Additionally they contract work to have you installed. This is going out to the lowest bidder for contract. Sadly this leads to more incompetence. Not sure what type of connection you have however with that I can even give you more details.

Good points... but even location doesn't matter a lot of times. What works today may not work tomorrow (or even the next minute). Customer service is worse than a joke. They understand nothing and read (as you say) responses from a crib sheet. I was used to 20+ Mbps in the US and here... it seems to be more equivalent to using a dial-up modem at 56 baud (or worse). Those that are blessed with good Internet speed and reliability... count your blessings...

Edited by afmayer
ozboy

Over the past week Globe connection has been terrible..in and out all day, same as Bill takes ages to download anything even hitting refresh constantly...

musicman666

Good points... but even location doesn't matter a lot of times. What works today may not work tomorrow (or even the next minute). Customer service is worse than a joke. They understand nothing and read (as you say) responses from a crib sheet. I was used to 20+ Mbps in the US and here... it seems to be more equivalent to using a dial-up modem at 56 baud (or worse). Those that are blessed with good Internet speed and reliability... count your blessings...

Globe helpline is comical.... It's just a person whos sole purpose is to act as a buffer between the customer and those who are really responsible. They say the word sorry a lot but what difference is that going to make?

Paul

Music, now, don't you know? That makes everything all better. ^_^

questsea73

Who cares that much about the internet anyway? I thought I was coming to the Tropical Paradise known as the B.A.W. world.

*Beaches **Alcohol ***Women

Leave those watches, computers, telephones, speed traps, divorces behind in that other world.

Ken

• Like 1

Of course, it's Manila, everything is faster there. Here, Globe sucks!

Bill

me thinks , your best option is to go to the office and show them the real speed you are getting.

musicman666

me thinks , your best option is to go to the office and show them the real speed you are getting.

and then what?? they will looked shocked an concerned .... the word sorry will be mumbled several times and then they will have to move on to the next customer because your holding up the que.