Sign in to follow this  
enoonmai

Printer Repair?

enoonmai

I accidentally plugged my Epson wireless 110v printer into a 220 socket. No smoke but dead. I would like to try and get it fixed, does anyone know of a shop in the Cebu City area that could do this? Thanks.

KennyF

Frankly buddy, unless its a really top end model, anything other than a blown fuse is probably not worth repairing.

Printers are getting to be throw away items.

Colour ink jets are sold here in Oz for as low as $40 and mono lasers for $75.

Just by the way, many printers these days are 110~220 v.

KonGC

Edited by KennyF

USMC-Retired

It fried more then likely the transformer inside the unit. Some have a fuse to protect it. If it generated any type of smoke it is more then likely toast. You have to hope it just popped the connection inside the unit.

Honestly unless this is a high end printer then Kenny hit the nail on the head.

enoonmai

No smoke and I already checked for an external fuse and there isn't one but I'll open it up and see if there's one inside. It's a 5 in 1, nice printer and I knew it was 110 only but forgot to plug it into the transformer. Thanks to you both. This can be closed.