Win 7 Help Please

• Admin (Retired)
broden

got my new computer built.. got a few issues but i'm sure i'll work them out

one question i am wondering about

i got win 7 home 64 bit premium

it'll take a bit of getting use to.. but winxp had an option to make it look like hmm i guess win95 if i remember right.. any such options in won 7 or am i stuck with it as is?

i think i need a new hdmi cable.. and i'm having sound issues .. but i'll ask about those later if i can't figure it out

KennyF

>>>>> it'll take a bit of getting use to.. but winxp had an option to make it look like hmm i guess win95 if i remember right.. any such options in won 7 or am i stuck with it as is?

You want 7 to look like XP?

KonGC

• Admin (Retired)
broden

>>>>> it'll take a bit of getting use to.. but winxp had an option to make it look like hmm i guess win95 if i remember right.. any such options in won 7 or am i stuck with it as is?

You want 7 to look like XP?

KonGC

yes

sort of.. i think i actually had win xp set to look like win95.. yeesh haha

anyway sort of got my sound issues sorted .. downloading a new driver but i'm not sure i have the jacks on the back exactly on? so for now i am plugged in to the front headphone jack.. works.

anyone know much about asus p9x79 motherboards?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

there are a lot of different options for customization on this site,just have a look through the "explore" button and you may find something you like

http://www.wincustomize.com/

ah thank you very much

i don't want to get in trouble pushing too many buttons on a brand new box .. that's why i'm asking.. i gotta look at that site.. thanks again

• Admin (Retired)
broden

oh and in case anyone is wondering

intel 3930k cpu

dual 7970 gpu's

16 gigs ram

90 gig ssd for the os

2 t hd for everything else

1000 watt psu

bunch of fans 8 actually in total might put in 2 more later

CoolIT ECO II-240 Extreme Performance Liquid Cooling System

and an asus bluray combo drive

it's gonna be a beast once i get it all set up right

• Like 1

I always change the taskbar and desktop to look/work more like previous versions...

Right click desktop> Personalize> Change desktop icons... then Check: Computer, User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and click Apply.

Right click and unpin whatever icons are stuck to the taskbar by default.

Right click on task bar> Properties

Check: Use Small Icons

Set: Taskbar Buttons> Never Combine

Apply

Edited by T.S.
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Thanks a bunch T.S. gonna try some of that later. still stuck in the middle of updates and downloads and well stuff around the house too. almost dinner time after all.

it's a little extra weird for me this time around cause i never updated to the newest version of firefox.. which is the only browser i downloaded so far.. so man everything is just different.. hard to find any landmarks ya know

• Admin (Retired)
broden

sound issue fixed.. now once i get a new hdmi cable i'll see if that will work as it should.. fingers crossed

• Admin (Retired)
broden

tomorrow i'll have to start downloading all my stress testing and temp monitoring stuff .. by the way decided to go with mse for virus protection this time around.

gotta go get some more browsers and other utilities and stuff

i am noticing that on this mixture of new computer and newest firefox and win 7 the spellchecker doesn't show up here at all.. works on other sites though.

i'll have to see how that pans out with other browsers later on

afmayer

oh and in case anyone is wondering

intel 3930k cpu

dual 7970 gpu's

16 gigs ram

90 gig ssd for the os

2 t hd for everything else

1000 watt psu

bunch of fans 8 actually in total might put in 2 more later

CoolIT ECO II-240 Extreme Performance Liquid Cooling System

and an asus bluray combo drive

it's gonna be a beast once i get it all set up right

No offense, but I just have to ask. Why do you want such a nice 64bit Win7 machine to look like XP?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

No offense, but I just have to ask. Why do you want such a nice 64bit Win7 machine to look like XP?

just cause i'm use to it is all really.. it's learning curve killing season

afmayer

just cause i'm use to it is all really.. it's learning curve killing season

Understand... For what it's worth... IMO it is an easy transition to go from XP to Win7.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Understand... For what it's worth... IMO it is an easy transition to go from XP to Win7.

oh i'll get use to it if i have to.. it's just putting this thing together and then having to search for things all of a sudden that i use to know right where to go. plus i changed from the old firefox to the new one today too so it was kind of a double whammy a bit.. haha than i tried to log on here and the site was down haha