Sign in to follow this  
Jawny

Good Quality Furniture Stores (sofa, dining table)

musicman666

Great information here. We will definitely be looking to get some good low cost furniture when we arrive.

What's it like haggling if you're a foreigner? I'm sure stores will tend to start higher if they notice your skin colour is different.

The bigger stores are computer driven with set pricing so you won't get ripped off...but it's always worth asking for a discount as it seems to be the rule here that salesman are allowed to give ten percent if pushed....

Faluango

I like Sun Gold

musicman666

I like Sun Gold

Why?.... Please expand ..

Headshot

Why?.... Please expand ..

Sun Gold is great for low-cost furniture. It is definitely NOT heirloom quality, but it is fairly well-made furniture in the right settings. We bought dressers there that we can use in our bedroom until we have our home completely remodeled, and then we will move them to the kids' rooms and get some good stuff for our bedroom. We also got an entertainment cabinet for under our flat-screen TV that is very heavy and is very nice looking, even though the main construction is particle bosrd (very thick particle board though). We basically use Sun Gold mainly for things that will be somewhat temporay or will not receive a lot of wear and tear.

mayasparrow

Sun Gold is great for low-cost furniture. It is definitely NOT heirloom quality, but it is fairly well-made furniture in the right settings. We bought dressers there that we can use in our bedroom until we have our home completely remodeled, and then we will move them to the kids' rooms and get some good stuff for our bedroom. We also got an entertainment cabinet for under our flat-screen TV that is very heavy and is very nice looking, even though the main construction is particle bosrd (very thick particle board though). We basically use Sun Gold mainly for things that will be somewhat temporay or will not receive a lot of wear and tear.

The IKEA of the Philippines?

Boss Ross

If you want to look at a Mandaue Foam store, go to the one in Baniliad. I have been told they have a basement where they sell furniture that has been discontinued at a greatly reduced price.

Boss Ross

If you want to look at a Mandaue Foam store, go to the one in Baniliad. I have been told they have a basement where they sell furniture that has been discontinued at a greatly reduced price.

We went to this place yesterday. The basement does have sale items in it with a fair selection. Even the main floor had well priced couch sets that appear to be made ok. For example: wood frame, steel legs, leather like material, 3 seater couch. Sits firm, well padded and comfortable, two over stuffed comfortable chairs ALL for P14,000 = $341. There were lower prices around P7,000 so depending on your taste in style and color, a shopper can do well.