Yahoo having major trouble with access?

Have been having issues with Yahoo as well, specifically messenger. Pnutbutterbrown messages me, I see the message and reply but she doesn't get the reply. Later she accuses me of being an insufferable snob

.Nice to know I am not the only one having trouble with yahoo messenger. Yesterday I got accused of ignoring my filippina friend's offline messages for the last couple of days, and would not believe that i never got them ! ! , so now i have a clear understanding of what TAMPO means, and she would not answer my messages or texts . Today I updated to ym's latest version to see if it helps ( too soon to tell ) but after i did , i got a message that she had sent 2 hours earlier ( thanks yahoo, but it is a little late, I am already in trouble hehe ) . The service is free so i guess you get what you pay for. If the trouble continues, I will try skype, probaly should anyway ! ( if i can get her to talk to me ) Maybe if PBB reads this, she might reconsider and just call you insufferable ?

KennyF
I will try skype

Skype cam is way better than Yahoo messenger cam.

KonGC

Skype cam is way better than Yahoo messenger cam.

Yes i know , but i will have to get her to switch over also

KennyF

Yes i know , but i will have to get her to switch over also

You know, the odd thing is, virtually no one in RP uses Hotmail messaging and virtually no one in Thailand uses Yahoo messenger.

Must be down to who advertises where.

Like states in USA where the citizens hate Coke and in the next state they hate Pepsi.

KonGC

KonGC

Headshot

Like states in USA where the citizens hate Coke and in the next state they hate Pepsi.

You're making that up...right?

Cipro

ping <domain> and see if it works or what it complains about

KennyF

Not at all.

Some states Pepsi rules and others it's Coke.

I have heard that it depends who is president too.

Something about Coke backing one party and Pepsi the other.

KonGC

Experienced

Not to hijack the thread or anything (but since a MODERATOR did ask!)...

I have a buddy who went to school at Georgia Tech who invited a bunch of friends from Atlanta to his wedding in California. I personally watched them get up and leave a very nice restaurant (Il Fornaio, no less) because they served Pepsi and not Coca Cola products.

• Like 1
Headshot

Thanks for the story. I figured that if there was a story, it had to have something to do with Georgia (the home of Coke) and California (the home of the Pepsi Generation).

Edited by Headshot
Experienced

.Nice to know I am not the only one having trouble with yahoo messenger. Yesterday I got accused of ignoring my filippina friend's offline messages for the last couple of days, and would not believe that i never got them ! ! , so now i have a clear understanding of what TAMPO means, and she would not answer my messages or texts . Today I updated to ym's latest version to see if it helps ( too soon to tell ) but after i did , i got a message that she had sent 2 hours earlier ( thanks yahoo, but it is a little late, I am already in trouble hehe ) . The service is free so i guess you get what you pay for. If the trouble continues, I will try skype, probaly should anyway ! ( if i can get her to talk to me ) Maybe if PBB reads this, she might reconsider and just call you insufferable ?

When my wife and I were courting long distance we had these problems literally all the time. Skype doesn't make it any better. Connections - even text-only chats - will just drop inexplicably from time to time, and the clients get confused. You keep typing with no feedback that your messages aren't being delivered and it LOOKS to you like the other person is just ignoring you. (Of course, SOMETIMES they are, LOL!) What's more, Skype has some wierd status polling algorithm that interacts with normal network hiccups and device "sleep" intervals so you are constantly getting the "Skype: <Username> came online" or "Skype: <Username> went offline" popup notices. My wife was just sure I was going online chatting with other people when I claimed to be sleeping or out of the house. Took literally months of explanations and demonstrations to explain this and other wierdness with online state indicators in various clients whose accuracy is generally completely untrustworthy. We ended up using a code word ("Google!") to remind each other of the prevailing technical glitches and short circuit the tampo problem. We laugh about it now but there were times when it was a real obstacle.

• Like 1

maybe as a temporary solution u can use the chat function from the yahoo mail page. The problems your having can be a traffic limiting measure from globe cos of downed lines, much the same happened to me when pldt was replacing stolen material according to the service person I called up.

Experienced

maybe as a temporary solution u can use the chat function from the yahoo mail page. The problems your having can be a traffic limiting measure from globe cos of downed lines, much the same happened to me when pldt was replacing stolen material according to the service person I called up.

We ended up using Facebook Messages of all things, when connectivity was giving us problems, and that was probably the most reliable (and also surprisingly immediate) transport mechanism we ever found. You can almost use it as a chat interface. Twitter would probably be even more immediate, but much more susceptible to unintentionally broadcasting your feelings to the whole world... (might want to check with Anthony Wiener if you're thinking this sounds like a good idea!)

Edited by Experienced
hookedtothenet

I had the same problem with Globe and opening up Yahoo mail, I could open Yahoo, but not mail.

Spoke to a globe engineer about it and he acknowledged that it has to do with the current problems globe are having with the DNS servers.

He went into my settings and changed something and it appears to have solved the problem for the moment although it does appear that the pages are a little slower to open.

Before the engineer came around the only way I could rectify the problem was to re-boot the modem.

That issue aside I have been having numerous other connection problems relating to globes local line and might just be moving over and giving PLDT a try soon.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Have been having issues with Yahoo as well, specifically messenger.

Pnutbutterbrown messages me, I see the message and reply but she doesn't get the reply.

Later she accuses me of being an insufferable snob.

:)

Ravenkill may be having other problems.. there was news of a 3 alarm transformer fire in Boston today. they said parts of the area may be down for as much as 3 days

you here Ravenkill?

Ravenkill may be having other problems.. there was news of a 3 alarm transformer fire in Boston today. they said parts of the area may be down for as much as 3 days

you here Ravenkill?

Yeah, I think he is in the area affected by this, lots of power outages in that area