Yahoo having major trouble with access?

RetiredNavyGuy

Hi, I am on Globe Tattoo (I know, but its the only access I have), and I live in a rural barangay of Pagadian City, Mindanao. Service had actually been pretty good, but it began deteriorating over the weekend. Now, I can not access yahoo login servers, whether to sign in at yahoo.com, or I am try to open any of my Yahoo email accounts. Results from attempting to "repair" the problem indicates that there is no response from the yahoo server.

Note, this problem appears to be generally restricted to Yahoo. I can get on virtually any other site.

I have cleared my cache, my browsing history, my cookies, rebooted the laptop, as well as the modem.

Suggestions, other than finding a different primary email service (that's going to happen any way)

Experienced

Not having any problems here in Cebu via Smart... maybe what you need is a new ISP/DNS provider (see the Globe thread), not a new email service.

RetiredNavyGuy

Not having any problems here in Cebu via Smart... maybe what you need is a new ISP/DNS provider (see the Globe thread), not a new email service.

As I said, where I live, Globe is the ONLY internet access.

udonthani

someone in a town in northern Mindanao about 150km from Pagadian is saying (by text) that there is no internet service at all today on the Globe connection she pays 999 a month for.

RetiredNavyGuy

http://hidemyass.com/

try a proxy to see if it really is globe

Interesting... 5.hidemyass.com is having the same problem as yahoo. ...no connection. and according to the "diagnostics" no response from the server.

KennyF

Probably nothing to do with the OP's problem but I'm of the opinion that Yahoo in general has lost the plot.

I've stopped using my Yahoo.com.ph address.

Weren't they bought out recently?

KonGC

Woolf

wild try

Go to command promt and do a " ipconfig /flushdns "

• Like 2
USMC-Retired

wild try

Go to command promt and do a " ipconfig /flushdns "

Not wild actually a great idea. It probably is the right solution

musicman666

Well my experience with globe is that it's google that sucks and yahoo is ok.... So go figure.

Interestingly sky cable can upload files much faster than it can download.... I'm living in the twilight zone.

miles-high

I don’t know if it’s related to this but I had a major problem downloading a large data at a major hotel in Cebu last 3 days… It took me hours (on and off over 2 days) to download a 300 Mb file. Back in Manila this evening, it took me 20 minutes or so to do the same…

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I don’t know if it’s related to this but I had a major problem downloading a large data at a major hotel in Cebu last 3 days… It took me hours (on and off over 2 days) to download a 300 Mb file. Back in Manila this evening, it took me 20 minutes or so to do the same…

:rofl: reminds me of way back in the day downloading movies on dialup. it would take days and days i'd just leave it running when ever i wasn't around

Here in Kona, Hawaii, & with Oceanic Time Warner Cable, my YAHOO MESSENGER window has been unable to load my YAHOO NEWS stories for a week, it says ERROR FETCHING FEED

I do not have any problems with my personal choices in MY YAHOO, or with YAHOO, in any of my browsers.

I did once get a message DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE when accessing my email.

Headshot

Here in Kona, Hawaii, & with Oceanic Time Warner Cable, my YAHOO MESSENGER window has been unable to load my YAHOO NEWS stories for a week, it says ERROR FETCHING FEED

I do not have any problems with my personal choices in MY YAHOO, or with YAHOO, in any of my browsers.

I did once get a message DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE when accessing my email.

Well JC...considering most of the stories that Yahoo runs as "news"...you're probably better off not getting it. Here in Mandaue, usually the only problem I have with Yahoo is accessing it (or anything else) because PLDT (the local phone company) is having problems (usually due to bad weather or linework). I have PLDT DSL, so when the phones go down, so does my Internet access.

Justin Kredible

Have been having issues with Yahoo as well, specifically messenger.

Pnutbutterbrown messages me, I see the message and reply but she doesn't get the reply.

Later she accuses me of being an insufferable snob.

B)