buying a tablet?

hi guys ,i am thinking of getting a new tablet, now i am not to computer savey so , what would u buy and where?.i live in aust, but travel regulary to cebu with stop overs in singapore and KL ,

just would like to know , ,ebay?? chinese copy??

ron

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• KennyF

• Mang Kanor

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can say that 100% I am satisfied with my Android 3.2 Gingerbread.   Now let me say this. I went and tried all the cheapo Chinese Versions of tablets. They are junk.... If you sit a Samsung or

I have a 7" and 10" Android and I have a windows 8 tablet. My best recommendation right now is to get a refurbished Acer W500 for about $380 (http://www.ebay.com/...dmpt=US_Tablets). That is how I g

It depends what you want it to do. I have both 7" ($100) and 10" ($200) Chinese tablets running Android 2.2 and 2.3 respectively.   Both have wifi and I've used them in airports so that's no proble

Posted Images

KennyF

It depends what you want it to do.

I have both 7" ($100) and 10" ($200) Chinese tablets running Android 2.2 and 2.3 respectively.

Both have wifi and I've used them in airports so that's no problem.

They run easy to use word processors and spread sheets, in fact, they do just about everything a desk top will do.

I also use them at night to watch movies and play mp3 music.

I get about 4 hours between charges.

I know there are better machines but the price difference to my mind is not worth it.

I had both delivered free to the Gold Coast, just check out eBay, enter "android 7" or "android 10", there are dozens of them.

KonGC

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

There you have it above all depends on your needs. If you are making a beer run the Smart Car works however not so nice for that cross country trip. I like the Galaxy series of pads that have hit the market. Try and buy new at a big box store just better warranty and service.

• Like 1
liquido

As soon as i get back to the USA in april im going to the apple store and buy the new released Ipad..From what I hear the new screen is unbelieveable to see also having a fingerprint resistant screen.The $500.00 model works fine for me...

Edited by liquido
Cipro

It depends what you want it to do.

I have both 7" ($100) and 10" ($200) Chinese tablets running Android 2.2 and 2.3 respectively.

I know there are better machines but the price difference to my mind is not worth it.

I gave $329 for a Motorola Xoom 10", it's amazing the only hting I dislike about it is it's so damn nice someone else is always using it. I also have a 7" Chinese tab, and no one wants to use it.

Rocketman

Ive got a kindle fire for $200. Very handy and nice size except for long e-mails. The keyboard is a little too small. Screen size is 7 inches. Nice for downloading books, magazines, newspapers, etc

My wife just got Samsung Galaxy Note. She has been staring at it while allowing me to just use my laptop the whole night. heheh

smokey

so one of them pads is like a net book do they work anywhere there is wifi? or do you have to pay a monthly fee for it to work

KennyF

so one of them pads is like a net book do they work anywhere there is wifi? or do you have to pay a monthly fee for it to work

They are just a computer without a hardware keyboard nor do they need a mouse.

They are controlled by a stylus or finger right on the screen.

What a PC can do, a tablet can do.

(but they weigh around 12 ounces}

KonGC

KennyF

As soon as i get back to the USA in april im going to the apple store and buy the new released Ipad..From what I hear the new screen is unbelieveable to see also having a fingerprint resistant screen.The $500.00 model works fine for me...

I guess that's OK as long as you can accept either you're going to pay around 30% extra because its "an Apple"

Or that you will have an inferior machine in its price bracket.

Do a little Googling before you buy. Most surveys of "The Top 10 Pads" put way down the list.

KonGC

Mang Kanor

i have both ipad2 and blackberry playbook. both are good in their own way

but i'll recommend an ipad... it works better out of the box

try to preorder the ipad3, itll come on 19th of march.

musicman666

well the great thing about the ipad is there are no real suprises ...it works the same as their iphone and pretty similar to the imacs... sure it costs a bit more but why should i grapple with yet another os ... once you get to know one apple product then its a no brainer to stick with apple ..sure you could save a few quid and go for the latest pretender but my time is worth more than that.

Cipro

The top brand Android devices are less expensive than Apple and better; for that I'm willing to "master" the "complexities" of a tablet. :dance:

Edited by Cipro
Mang Kanor

if they are any better than apple why the hell the ipad sells like hotcakes?

the market is already crowded with android OS from the cheapest china tablet to the more expensive motorolla xoom and galaxy tab but apple still ipad still sells alot.