Sign in to follow this  
rainymike

Baby Food Recipes

rainymike

Anyone with baby food recipes to share - both western and Pinoy? Our 6 month old is okay with cereals like Cerelac and probably would eat Gerbers bottled yuck ... but I'd like to serve up some healthy food with a minimum of preservatives and fillers. I've got all the time in the world to make from scratch.

broden

my wife use to puree up a lot of fresh pressure cooked veggies, all sorts

but i don't have any specific recipe

KennyF

At six months the kid is able to eat lots of normal food as long as it doesn't take too much chewing.

Whatever you ear yourself (provided you eat properly) is ok if you puree it.

A blender is a handy thing to have.

Some can even be frozen for a day or two. My wife used to freeze stuff in an ice cube tray.

Pumpkin and carrots are two favourites.

Remember to take out the food to be pureed before adding any spices, sugar or salt.

KonGC

• Like 1

Cuda

Anyone with baby food recipes to share - both western and Pinoy? Our 6 month old is okay with cereals like Cerelac and probably would eat Gerbers bottled yuck ... but I'd like to serve up some healthy food with a minimum of preservatives and fillers. I've got all the time in the world to make from scratch.

start with boiled carrots then add other veggies if he is eating it. Some kids just won't eat veggies.My kids were eating garlic and broccoli but my niece wouldn't touch it.

SkyMan

At six months the kid is able to eat lots of normal food as long as it doesn't take too much chewing.

Whatever you ear yourself (provided you eat properly) is ok if you puree it.

A blender is a handy thing to have.

Some can even be frozen for a day or two. My wife used to freeze stuff in an ice cube tray.

Pumpkin and carrots are two favourites.

Remember to take out the food to be pureed before adding any spices, sugar or salt.

KonGC

Yeah, when my oldest was old enough my X would just puree some of what we were having. And a midler version if we were having Italian or Mexican.

Athena

My children started with mashed bananas ………. Then gradually to pureed or mashed mixed boiled veg combination. With broccoli I usually peal the stalks as they are rather hard for the babies.

• Like 1

Paul

I typically like my babies a bit more well done. But, here is the photo of a pretty good baby meal, including some green leafy veggies as a side:

299815_113968445369577_100002692675971_63289_5978897_n.jpg

Okay. I know it was lame. But, I had to do it before broden beat me to it.

• Like 1

rainymike

Thanks for the suggestions. You might try some guacamole with your recipe Paul.

Actually, I asked because every once in a while I discover some new filipino food that I think is maybe old fashioned but nutritious. My partner bought some dessert ... which was a sweet mix of some vegetables, beans, and coconut milk that the kids loved. I don't know the name of it, but if the kids are going to have a snack I preferred this to the usual cake, chips, assorted candies, and junk foods that they normally prefer that's loaded with sugar and not much else.