Virus Protection

as i'm still waiting on some parts all i can is make plans for the new computer for now

i've been using avg for years but i did a little looking around at some other options

and i like free options cause well i like free

avg has done me well enough i suppose over the years but i know i can do better

so unless there is something else out there i am left deciding between avast and microsoft security essencials

from everything i've looked at these two are neck and neck in everything but avast runs faster

so i'm thinking i'll go with Avast

any other options out there that i may of missed that may be better?

or is there anything that would really convince me to go with MSE instead of Avast?

Kaspersky security 2012 Edited by M.Baboy
  • Like 1

My free period with Avast is up n time to subscribe for a year..What i want to know is if its safe to buy using my credit card for purchase over the net?

Absolutely NOT!
MarinePride

I guess you missed the update where they turned all windows 7 64 bit machines into paperweights.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on my Dell Studio and I havn't had any problem as of three days ago. I've had this OS installed for over four months and AVG has resided on it since the first hour of using it. Maybe this is a new problem? I have total faith in AVG fixing the so called problem if there is one.

Cipro

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on my Dell Studio and I havn't had any problem as of three days ago. I've had this OS installed for over four months and AVG has resided on it since the first hour of using it. Maybe this is a new problem? I have total faith in AVG fixing the so called problem if there is one.

No you missed it, about a year ago give or take AVG put out an update that coldcocked every Win 7 64 bit machine that installed it, and no, they never had a fix in any reasonable time frame for those who ere dead in the water. The did release a new, less deadly update fairly soon but people who were diligent about updates were, ironically, still hosed. I switched then, but immediately noticed that MSE was a lot less impact on performance and as a bonus never begged me for money, which AVG was starting to do much more than in the beginning.

• Like 1