Sign in to follow this  
Johndeere

locked topics continued

broden

But some are freer then others to express them .Yesterday a topic was locked. Fine. Last night a moderator reopened it to make his own "final" comment, then promptly closed it again. Rank has it's privilege.

aint that the truth !

once again just my opinion.

i think there is plenty of expression going on around here. by all sorts of people

• Like 2

Davaoeno
I WILL continue to lock any threads on this or related topics,

I have no comment to make re the subject matter, but to continually lock threads to prevent discussion of a matter - any matter- usually just makes people think that there is something that they arent being told. Personally i could care less if the site makes money or not - what difference does it make ? Someone says " oh the owner did something wrong so i dont want to support him financially by visiting his site " . Do you realize what a ridiculous concept that is ? We drive cars that run with oil that was obtained by some country getting invaded or exploited etc - so i have decided to do my part by not driving a car anymore !! Same concept

• Like 4

EAGLE

Perhaps you didn't understand. He wrote, "It seems that moderators are closing topics much more often..." Hmm...much more often than they did back in late February?

It must be that he was reading topics carefully for a long time before he actually signed up.

Perhaps he was.

SO WHAT.??

EAGLE

• Like 1

EAGLE

What a strong opinion from someone so new! You signed on on 3 February 2012. The Forum is on self-destruct mode "...as it is being run now."? Hmm...you must have been reading posts very carefully for a long time before you signed up to be able to contrast how the Forum is being run now with how it was run in the past.

It certainly is possible!

With all due respect, I disagree with your opinion that the Forum is in "self-destruct mode." With you being so new, also, I can't help but think that you are echoing some of the other posters here recently who have serious problems with some of the mods.

"you are echoing some of the other posters here"

WELL I hope YOUR malignant magnificence will forgive me for having a different "take" on this.??

Mayhap TractorDearMan has read through the recent Threads and Posts and simply formed his OWN opinion.??

Differs from yours - so what.? You will NOT allow such.?

EAGLE

Edited by EAGLE

InternetTough

Actually if you check into it, I also made post in February of 2011

Huh? Sorry about that! My mistake. I confused you with Johndeere, who started in February 2012.

Edited by InternetTough

Smitty

I was actually banned from a topic last week for the first time, and although slightly surprised, it doesn't bother me. I'm all for free speech and sometimes feel that the mods are heavy handed and don't act transparently, but it is what it is. This is actually a private forum run by a private individual, who by all right, has free reign on his board. Sure it would be nice if he (and by extension the mods) were completely fair to all, about all things, but that's impossible. I've been on boards that were less restrictive, and ones that were a lot more restrictive.

I don't disagree that people should voice their disapproval over how the board is run, for the betterment of the "community", but at the end of the day the forum is the private property of the individual who pays the bills for the hosting and the domain name. If anyone wants a free place to vent their views on all and any subjects, grab a soapbox, and a speaking trumpet and head to your nearest public corner. Even then, let me see how much you can get away with.

And with all due respect to those who fee the board is in decline, and no longer enjoy it here, start your own board. Call it whining and complaining in Cebu...you might be surprised how many members and hits you get! Joke lang... :)

Edited by Smitty
  • Like 3

fanboat

the trick is,

just keep moving forward

who cares if your words are erased

it's the same as reading yesterdays fish wrapper anyway

• Like 4

Mr. Mike

I was actually banned from a topic last week for the first time, and although slightly surprised, it doesn't bother me. I'm all for free speech and sometimes feel that the mods are heavy handed and don't act transparently, but it is what it is. This is actually a private forum run by a private individual, who by all right, has free reign on his board. Sure it would be nice if he (and by extension the mods) were completely fair to all, about all things, but that's impossible. I've been on boards that were less restrictive, and ones that were a lot more restrictive.

I don't disagree that people should voice their disapproval over how the board is run, for the betterment of the "community", but at the end of the day the forum is the private property of the individual who pays the bills for the hosting and the domain name. If anyone wants a free place to vent their views on all and any subjects, grab a soapbox, and a speaking trumpet and head to your nearest public corner. Even then, let me see how much you can get away with.

And with all due respect to those who fee the board is in decline, and no longer enjoy it here, start your own board. Call it whining and complaining in Cebu...you might be surprised how many members and hits you get! Joke lang... :)

..............Now let me just ask something, because I don't know the answer,,,(ok maybe I do, maybe),,,,,,are the forum members really just guests here,,,,,,, or are we contributing,,,,,,by every "keystroke" ,,,$$$ to the forum?,,,,,,( non profit),,,,,,,,If that is true,,,,, then we are more than guests,,,,,,,we are CUSTOMERS...and deserve to be treated as such!,,,,,,If I treat my members/customers badly ,,,they will remember, desert ,and trash my business!,,,,,,,,,"word of mouth"........the most powerful marketing tool................ Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 2

EAGLE

Huh? Sorry about that! My mistake. I confused you with Johndeere, who started in February 2012.

Confusion ?? Is that ALL.??

Did you know some are not so tough in the BRAIN Department ??

EAGLE

• Like 1

EAGLE

Wow -Wow---

What the... Fun type of post is that.. ?

EAGLE

Edited by EAGLE

Smitty

..............Now let me just ask something, because I don't know the answer,,,(ok maybe I do, maybe),,,,,,are the forum members really just guests here,,,,,,, or are we contributing,,,,,,by every "keystroke" ,,,$$$ to the forum?,,,,,,( non profit),,,,,,,,If that is true,,,,, then we are more than guests,,,,,,,we are CUSTOMERS...and deserve to be treated as such!,,,,,,If I treat my members/customers badly ,,,they will remember, desert ,and trash my business!,,,,,,,,,"word of mouth"........the most powerful marketing tool................

You are completely right. But as a business owner, you have the right to treat your customers as you please (within the law of course). You will either feast or famine on your actions. If the owner of this forum wishes to treat you no more than a guest, its his right, and he will live with the consequences (whatever that may be), and if he wishes to allow everyone a free reign here, he will also have to live with the consequences (whatever that may be). At the end of the day, the consequences are his, and his alone, and only he should decide what consequences he should face.

• Like 1

Smitty

Wow -Wow---

What the... Fun type of post is that.. ?

EAGLE

I'm sorry, did I hurt your bird brain Eagle? :)

(I'm bored, leave me and my posts alone) :wink:

Mr. Mike

You are completely right. But as a business owner, you have the right to treat your customers as you please (within the law of course). You will either feast or famine on your actions. If the owner of this forum wishes to treat you no more than a guest, its his right, and he will live with the consequences (whatever that may be), and if he wishes to allow everyone a free reign here, he will also have to live with the consequences (whatever that may be). At the end of the day, the consequences are his, and his alone, and only he should decide what consequences he should face.

I agree,,but members are guests here , and should be treated as such!

ckfm

Talking about money, I "donate" each year about $50 to the froum and for that money I expect not get banned, locked out of the forum topics and also not to be treated a s a child, thank you. Private PM to Paul already sent one week ago when I saw this coming BTW.

Mr. Mike

Talking about money, I "donate" each year about $50 to the froum and for that money I expect not get banned, locked out of the forum topics and also not to be treated a s a child, thank you. Private PM to Paul already sent one week ago when I saw this coming BTW.

Well sir, $$$ will probably not protect you from being banned if you break the rules, ,,,,,,,,,as it should be IMO.
  • Like 1