Sign in to follow this  
Johndeere

locked topics continued

Johndeere

I'm barred from posting on this topic why? You guys are really getting ridiculous. What did I do wrong?

coach88

I RARELY POST BUT DO READ MOSY TOPICS EVERYDAY. IT SEEMS THE MODS ARE BANNING OR CLOSING TOPICS MUCH MORE OFTEN. IN MOST CASES I SEE NO REASON AND FORUMS RULES ARE NOT BROKEN.

SHOULD A MOD BE ABLE TO CLOSE JUST BECAUSE THEY PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE THE FLOW OF MESSAGES EVEN THOUGH NO FORUM RULES ARE BROKEN?

Johndeere

I think this forum as it is being run now, is in full on self destruct mode. you may have a spike in traffic for a while as people want to watch the drama going on lately, but as you can see losing members seems to be the name of the game as of late. Again I ask what I did to be not allowed to respond to certain topics?

For Real

I RARELY POST BUT DO READ MOSY TOPICS EVERYDAY. IT SEEMS THE MODS ARE BANNING OR CLOSING TOPICS MUCH MORE OFTEN. IN MOST CASES I SEE NO REASON AND FORUMS RULES ARE NOT BROKEN.

SHOULD A MOD BE ABLE TO CLOSE JUST BECAUSE THEY PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE THE FLOW OF MESSAGES EVEN THOUGH NO FORUM RULES ARE BROKEN?

A forum is a place to discuss/debate/pontificate. Sometimes, Its also a business, requiring maximal hits for an income and minimal data storage to limit expenses. It simply depends on the strategy of the day what is more important. The balance of getting maximal income and minimal expenses is something you can fine tune foe performance...the tradeable is the membership. If a decrease in membership doesn't equal a decrease in hits then membership is not a critical factor. If more members equal more hits then all hands are on the membership pump.

Its just the way it is

Wombat No More

A forum is a place to discuss/debate/pontificate. Sometimes, Its also a business, requiring maximal hits for an income and minimal data storage to limit expenses. It simply depends on the strategy of the day what is more important. The balance of getting maximal income and minimal expenses is something you can fine tune foe performance...the tradeable is the membership. If a decrease in membership doesn't equal a decrease in hits then membership is not a critical factor. If more members equal more hits then all hands are on the membership pump.

Its just the way it is

Geeeez... And he never took a single breath for that whole paragraph!
  • Like 1

samatm

Bat... you're gonna get this thread locked up . Hushhhhhhhhhhh.

• Like 2

coach88

Its just the way it is

That is a tremendous amount of words and typing to really not say anything !

EAGLE

IMO NO.!! they should NOT.

EAGLE

BBQ Joe

That is a tremendous amount of words and typing to really not say anything !

It's almost as if he were testifying in front of congress. :shitstormretarded:

• Like 2

EAGLE

Its just the way it is

I could not disagree more.

IMO The free flow of information and personal idiosyncrasies of a multiCultural membership is the heady mix that has made this Forum great and wonderfully entertaining and a GREAT source for info on P for the newbie and old Tropical hand equally.

The "Bean Counter" = small minded attitude that now pervades the running of this Forum is detrimental to the success and health of LiP.

The Forum IS the members. WTFKN F

EAGLE Tom

Edited by EAGLE

Alan S

This forum is about Living in Cebu.

It contains information and advice for those who live, or are considering living there, or, to a lesser degree, in other parts of the Philippines.

It is NOT about attacking other members, discussing other forums, or other such topics.

And, for the benefit of, Malipayon Puti, this forum makes NOTHING, I repeat, nothing, for the owners, admins or moderators.

It covers its costs, and ALL the surplus goes to a charity.

I said in one of the locked threads, I WILL continue to lock any threads on this or related topics, and if anyone wishes to push, I am quite happy to ban them entirely.

• Like 4

AB2000

Ibtl

EAGLE

This forum is about Living in Cebu.

It contains information and advice for those who live, or are considering living there, or, to a lesser degree, in other parts of the Philippines.

It is NOT about attacking other members, discussing other forums, or other such topics.

And, for the benefit of, Malipayon Puti, this forum makes NOTHING, I repeat, nothing, for the owners, admins or moderators.

It covers its costs, and ALL the surplus goes to a charity.

I said in one of the locked threads, I WILL continue to lock any threads on this or related topics, and if anyone wishes to push, I am quite happy to ban them entirely.

:shitstormretarded:
  • Like 1

broden

my time has been short here lately and will probably be so for a little while longer at least. just been busy around here for me and i'm still trying to slowly get the new computer put together on top of everything else

but i just want to say

Alan has a long history with this forum, as long as anyone

and i truly believe everything i've ever seen him do on this forum has nothing to do with ego and everything to do with what he thinks is best for the forum.

we may do things in different ways, but really all people do things in different ways, never the less i trust his judgement

you are all free to have your own opinions but that is mine

• Like 1

ArieBombarie

just be sure that these 'internal discussions' don't bother the wrong forums and get in the way of newbies and people looking for information, I was happy to be corrected about the finances of this board, there is some slander out there and a running discussion where good points like that are already addressed might be more workable then poping up new discussions

but tbh I do not really care, I am not living in the vilage, cebu information and discussion is key the rest is just filling

• Like 2