Car Insurance in Ormoc

johnormoc

Last year we bought a new car from Kia. At the time they kind of strong armed us into using their own insurance coverage for the first year. We went with it but now the policy is nearing the time for renewal and we just got a bill for P12,000+ if we want to continue our coverage through Kia.

I'm thinking there are better, and cheaper alternatives. Does anyone know of a reputable auto insurance company in Ormoc? There isn't much on google and I've seen a couple of companies downtown in my wanderings but I was hoping to hear from someone that has experience with an insurance company in Ormoc and could give me a referral. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Tks.

Well i bought a new Kia Sportage 2010 my one insurance first year was free with BPI bank financing the second year was over 25,000 now i just paid with Joel Brazil at standard ins locate above Commerce bank i think that is the name of the bank near Globe 21,000 plus. Now i have another policy with him for less than 2000P a year so there or two different types Joel is a good guy .Go see him tell him big Jim send you Big Jim send you the money lending guy . Best insurance guy i know around ,even if you don't buy from him maybe he can explain why your is so cheap maybe it not a brand new car as i know several guys with new cars and there policies are high like mine .

Edited by tonny
smokey

Last year we bought a new car from Kia. At the time they kind of strong armed us into using their own insurance coverage for the first year. We went with it but now the policy is nearing the time for renewal and we just got a bill for P12,000+ if we want to continue our coverage through Kia.

I'm thinking there are better, and cheaper alternatives. Does anyone know of a reputable auto insurance company in Ormoc? There isn't much on google and I've seen a couple of companies downtown in my wanderings but I was hoping to hear from someone that has experience with an insurance company in Ormoc and could give me a referral. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Tks.

for full coverage that is a good price we paid 15,000 a year when we first bought a new chevy in 2004,,

try going to a bank (BDO, BPI, Chinabank).. they usually has partner insurance company. Try to inquire from them, surely they will be glad to help

Jawny

Not sure what is a reasonable price, but for a new Innova (2010) a one year policy is around 25,000 pesos. That is full coverage and the car is around 900,000 value. Your 12,000 pesos sounds pretty good. I live near Ormoc, but may just look for a national company when my renewal comes up. I had looked at Kia in Ormoc, but wanted to consider financing. Kia (or the dealership) offered none. My bank is Metrobank and perhaps they have a partner company as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Jawny

Did you find an insurance company in Ormoc you find suitable?

Jawny

more transplanting. Amusing.

Not sure I understand the reference to transplanting.

johnormoc

Did you find an insurance company in Ormoc you find suitable?

We ended up going with Kia but I do plan on checking out the company Tonny recommended. Just didn't have time this time around.