Sign in to follow this  
Cuda

Where to swim on Mactan island ?

tomaw

For a really fun and different experience under water try doing the 'Sea-Walker' at 'Cebu Beach Club'. You wear a dive helmut over your head and walk on the ocean floor like ln the '10,000 Leagues Under The Sea' movie. While down there you can feed lots of colorful fish swiming all around you!

Here's a couple of pictures of us doing Sea Walker:

post-12051-0-60597300-1331177259_thumb.jpg

post-12051-0-12410600-1331177284_thumb.jpg

Edited by tomaw
  • Like 1

Cuda

Oh thats Pado Dive Camp: Now a mostly Korean budget divers resort. I stayed there once and enjoyed it. they have good deal of 1500P per night with Bfast for two. Breakfast is served in the resto bar right over the water and Wifi is available. Swimming is nice there as well. here is a link to the place but the numbers they post are off and not updated. I think the snorkeling sights at Kon Tiki are better though. The sharks are still swimming in their penned up lagoon. The place is down Marigondon Road. Turn left at the Road with the corner canteen and sari sari.... Wind around forabout a kilometer until you get to the gate.

http://www.beyondceb...do-beach-resort

Kon Tiki is nice, thanks for the tip.

samatm

Kon Tiki is nice, thanks for the tip.

Yes and cheap water entry at 50 Pesos with laid back canteen. Its a nice snorkeling and dive site too! I like to swim the ropes for a a good work out.

ckfm

actually they offer a day pass for 2500 pesos per person, it includes a great first class buffet lunch and full use of the facilites including Gym, sauna, spa etc plus the swimming pools that I have to say are very nice, the beaches, the vollyball nets, badminton etc. I think for a special day out it is not too bad value. I wouldn't be able to do that everyday but the girls love it once in a while.

yes, the 2,500 is for Filipinos, 4,000 is the foreigner rate, that's what we paid in 2006, maybe it has changed, who knows.

Edited by ckfm

Cuda

Yes and cheap water entry at 50 Pesos with laid back canteen. Its a nice snorkeling and dive site too! I like to swim the ropes for a a good work out.

I have seen only couple of beaches , about 8 , on my recent trip but this one is right on the top. I'll have to see which one has the most of fishes around.