Sign in to follow this  
max883

Dangerous Sharks Around Cebu?

Headshot

Why thank kind sir for pointing out my deficiencies for one and all.

I would reply in kind, however, I don't believe even this forum would allow such lengthy posts to be submitted.

You are well advised sir, to follow the directions of your peer, below your original post on this page.

Keep up the good work as I see very little of this level of intelligence in my area of expertise.

And, I can recommend excellent education facilities for you so you may 'catch up' the lacking 14 years or so of your formal past education.

No need to thank me, this advice and information is free as is usual for me when dealing with disadvantaged persons.

And you, kind sir, would be well-advised to stop the "baiting" tactics on this forum, if you want to be around for long.

The professor

And you, kind sir, would be well-advised to stop the "baiting" tactics on this forum, if you want to be around for long.

Why thank you Sir. your over officiousness may be showing. Please also be guided by your wisdom also. You may note that, rather than I starting a one time event (meaning I have finished with the former comabatant), I merely responded to an unnecessary post in unfair criticism, one that I believe you yourself felt necessary to reply to on my behalf.

This matter, in my mind, is finalised and needs no further discussion here or in the future.

Thank you.

greatplace

:biggrin_01:

I can see whats coming next

max883

Are there any whale in Philippines Sea?

fred42
Why thank kind sir for pointing out my deficiencies for one and all.

I would reply in kind, however, I don't believe even this forum would allow such lengthy posts to be submitted.

You are well advised sir, to follow the directions of your peer, below your original post on this page.

Keep up the good work as I see very little of this level of intelligence in my area of expertise.

And, I can recommend excellent education facilities for you so you may 'catch up' the lacking 14 years or so of your formal past education.

No need to thank me, this advice and information is free as is usual for me when dealing with disadvantaged persons.

As your average working class Englishman type, I am personally embarrassed to read a post so full of grammatical errors that really should have been written by perhaps an American, Aussie,or Nigerian {scammer type} English upper-class.... wannabe..

No offence intended to Americans or Aussies.

Headshot

As your average working class Englishman type, I am personally embarrassed to read a post so full of grammatical errors that really should have been written by perhaps an American, Aussie,or Nigerian {scammer type} English upper-class.... wannabe..

It's really kind of funny actually. His stilted speech reminded me of the "duke" and "dauphin" (two con men in Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn), who tried to pass themselves off as learned aristocrats, but had no idea how to do so. I thought, maybe, the “professor” was modelling himself after their characters...but maybe he should have continued reading to the part of the book where the two imposters got tarred and feathered and run out of town on rails...kind of a messy way to go.

driftR

Disregarding the content, since when did posting on a forum require one to have a certain level of grammer skills? Actually there is no spell checker for a start on this forum with Firefox where other forums it works fine? I actually dislike stuck up self righteous grammer snobs, obvioulsy from the real old skool huh? Most people these dayz just trype whatever they like as long as it soundz something like what they are trying to say, Get with the times pal! :welcome:

fred42

Disregarding the content, since when did posting on a forum require one to have a certain level of grammer skills? Actually there is no spell checker for a start on this forum with Firefox where other forums it works fine? I actually dislike stuck up self righteous grammer snobs, obvioulsy from the real old skool huh? Most people these dayz just trype whatever they like as long as it soundz something like what they are trying to say, Get with the times pal! :(

I have no problems with grammatical errors per se..In fact my posts are probably full of them and as a working class Englishman

I couldn't give a shit..

What pisses me off is that the poster that I refer to obviously has ideas of grandeur that are obviously beyond him..

I would have thought that obvious...

Bahala ka!

Edited by fred42

Jim Sibbick

Are there any whale in Philippines Sea?

Yes

You can go whale an dolphin watching from Bohol.

Speaking of dolphins, I occasionally see dolphins on the slow boat from Palompon Leyte to Cebu City. They seem like they are trying to race the boat.

Regards: Jim

max883

and sea crocrodile?

Headshot

and sea crocrodile?

What about them? It is EXTREMELY unlikely that you will find saltwater crocodiles in any waters around the Visayan Islands...Mindanao...now that could be a different story. However, you are still much more likely to encounter salties in rivers and creeks on Mindanao than you are to encounter them in the seas around the island.

senseless

If you want a safe areas to swim in the ocean, there are some sand bars near bohol that only submerge during high tide. There is very little wild life and extremely good visibility. It's far enough away that the pollution is also somewhat diluted.

If you check on google earth some good locations are:

10°15'13.28"N 124° 6'55.50"E

10°10'57.43"N 124° 5'15.64"E

If you just look around that general vacenity, there are some decent swimming spots. The cost for a boat is like 1500p per day (couple years back), it's probably more expensive now. Maybe 2500 per day. Leave at dawn, pack some lunch (chicken sandwiches, mmm) and go hit up some of these spots, then be back before sundown. Don't forget to take the sunblock or you'll be burned by the time you get back. The sun glares off the water, so you end up burned no matter what. One of those spots i mentioned is near a private resort. If your boat tries to land on the resort they will threaten you with physical force unless you pay. They shot several warning shots in the air when we landed. So bring a few 50 and 100 pesos with you (maybe 1k at most in small bills should suit you fine). There are also some tiny bars and stuff on these islands. You can go get some beer, and eat burned pork on a stick (mmmm, I'm being serious, i love that stuff.).

Anyway, there are some areas there where even I'd swim as paranoid as I am. Definitely recommended. For a boat, go to hilton on mactan. There is a pier just outside of the hilton (road that leads down the side of hilton) where the congregate en-mass. Bring someone who speaks the local language to haggle. Since there are so many, they will also compete in price for your business.

Edited by senseless

Bill H

I regularly see dolphins when I travel between Cebu and Negros. They seem smaller than the ones we have in the PNW though. Not sure why that is. My local friends tell me you see whales here too, but I have yet to see one. With all the squid in these waters I wouldn't be surprised to see some humpbacks though.

Bill