Starting a business in cebu

Try to buy an exisiting internet cafe. In fact, there are many businesses opportunities in Cebu which are far better but require alot more work.

Interesting. What are they? No networking involved or any gay bars I hope. :)

It seems to be the only thriving business here as I see a lot of homosexuals in cebu. Very strange city.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpman

• jtmwatchbiz

• Davaoeno

• aussiedon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a much better deal for the Japanese guy- and it offers a 10% per month return.   Here's how it works. He gives me 200K and then every month i will return to him 10% or 20K   At the end of 6

perhaps to save your friend from alot of time-wasting aggravation, why not just take a pile of pesos...say 2 or 3 hundred thousand, and dump it in the donation basket at the nearest church? at least t

Posted Images

Davaoeno

Interesting. What are they? No networking involved or any gay bars I hope. :killself:

It seems to be the only thriving business here as I see a lot of homosexuals in cebu. Very strange city.

:)

• Like 4
ancienrocka

It's basically a 2 stage process;_

1. Register your business, either as a sole trader with the Dept of Trade & Industry or if a partnership or corporation with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC)
  2. Obtain a Mayor's Business Permit in the area where the business will operate, You will also need to register with the Bureau of Internal Revunue (BIR), Philhealth, SSS and Pag-Ibig.

As a Sole Trader you processes will cost you around 14,000p and as a Corporation around 19,000p

Edited by ancienrocka
Faluango

Here is some advice for you and your Japanese friend:

Get out of your hotel room or wherever you stay, look around and see what the locals are doing.

jtmwatchbiz

I'm inclined to reply with a religous debate on philippine churches and pacman supporters but I'll skip it today.

Knowing about business or not is irrelevant to the questions. You don't have to be business savvy to succeed in business. Lots of successful people started a business without any background knowledge. The chinese are perfect examples of hardwork pays off even if they didn't even go to school. And well the japanese work harder than everybody else.

well then your friend is all set :)

• Like 1

It's basically a 2 stage process;_

1. Register your business, either as a sole trader with the Dept of Trade & Industry or if a partnership or corporation with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC)
  2. Obtain a Mayor's Business Permit in the area where the business will operate, You will also need to register with the Bureau of Internal Revunue (BIR), Philhealth, SSS and Pag-Ibig.

As a Sole Trader you processes will cost you around 14,000p and as a Corporation around 19,000p

Thanks, at last a meaningul post. I'll relay the info to my friend.

Here is some advice for you and your Japanese friend:

Get out of your hotel room or wherever you stay, look around and see what the locals are doing.

The locals are going to routestop or any other small convenience store that's only a front for cheap liquor you can drink outside.

My advice to some expats is stop hanging around mango. :dance: The hiv rate is rising according to my doctor friend.

It is actually not that bad of an idea. The GF will be the manager, so the Japanese knows where she is. No way of making any money of course, but maybe that's not his plan.

Other issues before you register.

1. Location - you cannot out it near schools or they will tell you not to allow students to go their during class hours.

2. You renting or buying

A lot of internet cafes now are getting killed by Wifi. :scratch_head: Some internet cafes now charge as low as 10 an hour, do you think you can cover your capital at ten an hour. Cafes now are seasonal as their main revenue come from kids who wants to play games. Summer is a good time though.

Other issues with cafes is the security. Cafes are prone to burglaries and hold ups. If you spend for a guard then that is additional overhead. Make sure someone responsible is running the business or else they will give free time to their friends, relatives, etc. :lol:

smokey

there is only ONE business that will fly like it has wings .... tell your friend to get back to japan get a loan for about 1 million us and come back and open a taco bell at sm....

there is only ONE business that will fly like it has wings .... tell your friend to get back to japan get a loan for about 1 million us and come back and open a taco bell at sm....

Hi Smokey, I'm not really sure if you're joking or not but in seriousness, in your opinion, why particularly taco bell? I understand the 1 million since that's about the franchise cost. Is there one in Cebu already? Haven't been to Cebu for some time but my hubby and I are planning to move in there this year. Thanks in advance.

ancienrocka

I don't have the time or the money to do so, but if I had both I would open a temporary storage place in Cebu with various sizes of units.

To the best of my knowledge their is nothing available here and, although we can store quite large items at our house, we have to turn away 2-3 people a month who want to store complete or partial house contents.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

I used to do land development in Los Cabos mexico and many people built storage facilities there. Mainly because there were a lot of absentee owners, and lots of people saying there seasonally but who rented their places out when they were gone.

The places were very successful.. Initial outlay was quite low [ mainly steel sheds on a concrete slab with sprinklers. I'm not sure about air con.Many people stored their cars, persona watercraft, boats, motor cycles there.

I see no reason why similar units wouldnt be successful here. Does anyone have any local experience ?

Units in Manila :

http://safehousefaci.../Storage-Prices

SIZE IN CBM PRICE WHAT COULD FIT INSIDE? (# OF BALIKBAYAN BOXES) A) Small 25 cbm Php 5,000.00 50 Balikbayan Boxes :thumbs_down: Medium 30 cbm Php 6,200 75-85 Balikbayan Boxes 35 cbm Php 7,000.00 86-95 Balikbayan Boxes C) Large 50 cbm Php 9,000.00 100-110 Balikbayan Boxes 80 cbm Php 10,000.00 140-150 Balikbaya

post-8045-0-92594800-1330764262_thumb.jpg

Edited by DAVAOENO
johnboy999

Thanks, at last a meaningul post. I'll relay the info to my friend.

Just for your info - that meaningful post is by the guy who runs the website mentioned earlier - http://www.cebuexpatservices.com/ . Now do you see why people suggested you or your friend contact them? Very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable

aussiedon

yep, thats probably a good idea, I had thought if I had money for a big investment, buy a vacant lot in the city for a car park.

you couldnt go wrong, , the land wont depreciate, virtually no over heads., no elec, water, toilets etc needed , just 1 or 2 guys.