Do's And Don"ts Of Internet Dating

JackJohnson

I'm still working it on the net. It's actually become a fun hobby.

Anyway, I've noticed a pattern lately that I'd like to share. Bob refers to this in his list of things to watch out for.

Most of the girls use doctored up pictures now. If they look wonderful...keep asking for recent digital photos.

It will take time because they don't wanna send 'em. But if you insist, eventually they will send some real shots,

and it won't even look like the same person. I mean, many of the girls have glam shots with full makeup and soft lighting,

and then some admit to me that they even use photoshop...they lighten the skin bigtime and do everything to soften and beautify

the photos. They wind up looking nothing at all like they do in real life. It's very deceptive.

The difference is really shocking. I've had some girls finally send photos after refusing for weeks, and then I can't even match them up

with their avatar photo from the dating site! I can't even figure out who they are!

Imagine if a guy didn't insist on real photos and hopped on the plane...he wouldn't even know the woman when she walks up

to him at the airport.

All the more reason to go there and see what it's like on the ground. The net is soooooooooo difficult.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Expat

• Frosty

• Hero

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is particularly important in a country where the most frequent type of birth control is coitus interruptus !

This is something that I see a lot of in the Pointman site, a double standard. Men come here and date 10-20 women, the go back home and continue to communicate with several, and continue hitting the d

judging from the very high numbers of young woman with kids in the Philippines, there is much coitus and very little interruptus  

Posted Images

Jack wouldn't it just be better to see them on video cam as a lot of women may not have the extra money for photos cam is cheaper and quicker in sorting out the appearance? We all like to make ourselves better than we are. :horray: I'm really not an arsehole or a dick I'm just a belly button, really, just don't get too close. :stick_poke:

JackJohnson

Jack wouldn't it just be better to see them on video cam as a lot of women may not have the extra money for photos cam is cheaper and quicker in sorting out the appearance? We all like to make ourselves better than we are. :horray: I'm really not an arsehole or a dick I'm just a belly button, really, just don't get too close. :stick_poke:

A cam is cheaper than a digital photo?

I'm still working it on the net. It's actually become a fun hobby.

Anyway, I've noticed a pattern lately that I'd like to share. Bob refers to this in his list of things to watch out for.

Most of the girls use doctored up pictures now. If they look wonderful...keep asking for recent digital photos.

It will take time because they don't wanna send 'em. But if you insist, eventually they will send some real shots,

and it won't even look like the same person. I mean, many of the girls have glam shots with full makeup and soft lighting,

and then some admit to me that they even use photoshop...they lighten the skin bigtime and do everything to soften and beautify

the photos. They wind up looking nothing at all like they do in real life. It's very deceptive.

The difference is really shocking. I've had some girls finally send photos after refusing for weeks, and then I can't even match them up

with their avatar photo from the dating site! I can't even figure out who they are!

Imagine if a guy didn't insist on real photos and hopped on the plane...he wouldn't even know the woman when she walks up

to him at the airport.

All the more reason to go there and see what it's like on the ground. The net is soooooooooo difficult.

That's why you should always use a cam, forget the pics. If they say they have no cam or it is broken, run.

Jess Bartone

Webcam, as in video calls.

It also gives you the opportunity to see if they're typing and nothing coming up on your chat window, which might mean they have others on the go. You can also see the light from the screen changing on their face when they switch between conversations. Every now and then you will meet a lady who looks exactly the same as her profile pic, and talks straight, freely asking and answering questions, in an open and honest way, never asking for money, and telling you if you ask to see her body, or offer to show yours, you're gone.

I would like to give my little review of dating sites as I had broken up with my gf a few weeks back. So I wanted to meet a couple of girls so I would be able to have some dates when I get there or just friends to have some company. I signed up with 2 or 3 sites but in the end I just focused on 1 site as I couldn't be bothered going back and forward. As for myself, I'm in mid 40's, just average looking although in good shape and maybe pass for late 30's on a good day. I used the search feature and only looked for girls between 18 - 23 although I was looking for a girl around 21 preferably. Some of the ones that came up looked very young and others looked much older. From searching about 1 girl out of 20 looked interesting and there are many girls just waiting to meet foreigners, they don't seem to care about age or looks either so I'm sure anyway can find someone easily although I already knew that from my last visit. There were some that didn't even look like females too, they even used the word Shemale in their profile I think so I gave them a miss lol.

Anyway even just searching in Cebu there would be thousands of girls to choose from. So I just copied and pasted a message and picked out the best 20 - 30 girls that looked to my taste and sent them an intro x 100 for plenty of options. I would worry about reading the profiles etc later so I went on a bulk campaign first to get some bait out there. Right away I got replies back as I was sending the next messages, while others would reply back a day or two later. Often the replies would be quite vague, like hi or hmmm or hehehe.. I found if my message was a little more detailed then and I asked a question the message might be better I get back.

One girl replied back and had a great personality and I enjoyed talking to had a pic that looked absolutely stunning. I knew it was too good to be true and she stalled to send me more pics and had no cam. Finally she admitted the pic as of a Philippine Movie star. thumbs_down.gif I told her I was also lying as I was 93 and the pic I sent was of my nephew lol.

Anyway a lot of the younger cuter ones have absolutely no personality and they hint of money so I soon ditched them. But I found that there are some really nice ones who are genuine and you soon work out which ones are worth meeting.

But I have now got back together with my girlfriend although I will still keep my options open and see how we go when I'm there and will still stay friends with some of the girls I met. I guess it would be easy to just travel around the Philippines and have a girl to meet in each town if you wanted to do a Tiger Woods. :stick_poke:

It also gives you the opportunity to see if they're typing and nothing coming up on your chat window, which might mean they have others on the go. You can also see the light from the screen changing on their face when they switch between conversations. Every now and then you will meet a lady who looks exactly the same as her profile pic, and talks straight, freely asking and answering questions, in an open and honest way, never asking for money, and telling you if you ask to see her body, or offer to show yours, you're gone.

There is a man who has been using his noggin, not quite an eggnoggin yet :horray: , but damn savvy! LOLOLOL I'm impressed!

Yes everyone has their preferences. If you use the tools correctly, you can cover more ground, so to speak, in a week on the net than you could do here on the ground in 3 months.

Yes there are millions of women here, but they have the same issues and challenges that people on the internet do. You will see women here that you will drool over, only to find out the hard way that they are bayots. You can not tell some of the best with the naked eye! Impossible!!!!

There are nearly as many scammers in person (in the city) as on the net. It just takes more time to find out.

If you have 100s of names in your YM then you are not managing your contacts very well. Don't allow just anyone to chat or add you to their list. Besides YM sucks in many ways. Use Skype once you find a nice person as it's much easier to manage plus all of the Phils uses YM for a multitude of crazy reasons.

I disagree with that bob you could spend countless hours on the net and never get the real picture of who you are talking to..Seeing a person up close hearing the way she talks, a lot of girls seem to have a good grip of typeing but talking ? If your on the ground here for months you are going to find plenty of single girls here :stick_poke: I think you know more about a person In one hour of real conversation than weeks of emails ...theres the real time saver

There you go mate! Listen to the people above. Photos are useless. Emails are boring and can be written by anyone. Get live! Real time! Face to face! The signs are there if you look.

Besides, I was not saying that if I had a choice to come here in person to meet people or find them on the net, that I would choose the net! I just said it's a more effective tool for sorting through quantities of prospects in the shortest and cheapest manner.

The very best of both worlds is to be able to come here and spend time and still use the net to manage and facilitate meeting prospective partners as an augmentation to actually being here interacting with people.

Some people use the net and the net uses some people! JesseB uses the net!

Edited by Bob Ward
angelescitypi

All true, dating via the internet sites is a crap toss for sure. I've been doing it for five years both online and in person. Almost all of the horror stories previously listed have happened to me from the requests for assistance to the boyots/baklas/ladyboys/shemales/its. Some may find it harsh but I finally resorted to putting up this kind of profile clearly stating that no pera will be forthcoming unless and until we find a MUTUALLY satisfying agreement (not THOSE words of course). As I have found many girls have a script of sorts I developed one myself and for the first two or six contact I have a script I use to sort of copy and paste into the YM message box. This works extraordinarily well for me. Actually everything in my script is true as to my experiences, wants, needs and desires.

There is one that I left out of the initial list I made. Not to mention that the original post was made over two years ago. Things change rapidly on the net!!

When a person puts it in their profile that they are open to anyone between 18-80+ just keep on surfing! There might be some who legitimately don't care, but the vast majority are just looking for an ATM machine!

Edited by Bob Ward
  • Like 1
angelescitypi

There is one that I left out of the initial list I made. Not to mention that the original post was made over two years ago. Things change rapidly on the net!!

When a person puts it in their profile that they are open to anyone between 18-80+ just keep on surfing! There might be some who legitimately don't care, but the vast majority are just looking for an ATM machine!

DEFINITELY!

This is not a bash the Filipina thread. It is just a BE CAREFUL with your heart, your hopes and your wallet thread. I hope it is viewed as such!

DEFINITELY!

This is not a bash the Filipina thread. It is just a BE CAREFUL with your heart, your hopes and your wallet thread. I hope it is viewed as such!

Not in the slightest mate! It's about internet dating in general! The Filipinas have their very own set of problems to deal with! Just as many liars, if not more, perverts, players and the added fact that the majority of those on the net will never actually come to the Philippines! I encourage a Filipina to start a thread for their benefit!

Jess Bartone

Some people use the net and the net uses some people! JesseB uses the net!

It took me thousands of hours, 2 years, 3 visits, and a small fortune to find my love, so I had to get wise sooner or later. I was even heard to utter the immortal words: "Yes but my girl is not like that", only to find out that, indeed, she was (the first gf).

It is no reflection on Filipinas, but a reflection on the human race, that we are opportunists. Throughout history, men (and women) have fallen for a pretty face and some nice words, so if you really want to escape the same old mistakes you made in your home country, rewrite your rules, in fact throw the rule book away and start from scratch. It's not selfish to want things to go your way, as long as you remember she is human, and deserves respect, which means you are willing to meet in the middle on certain issues, and will at least attempt to see the world through her eyes.

If you have a string of failed relationships/marriages behind you, and you insist it was always their fault, then I suggest nothing will change for you until you look inside yourself. It has been said here and elsewhere that a sign of insanity is when you exhibit the same behaviors, actions and attitudes over and over again, but sincerely expect a different result. I am also suggesting that such persons are the ones who mostly fall victim to the endless scammers out there (who recognise you and know how to play you like a well-worn instrument), and due to your total lack of sensitivity to others, and an inbuilt feeling of control and desire to dominate and manipulate women into submission, you fall for it. Even some good women like this initially, but sooner or later it will backfire on you.

On the other hand, if you are a good hearted and sincere man, you can be played too, quite easily, so just be aware that it's a jungle out there, but if you take your time and watch for the signs (both negative and positive), you will find your love. Just remember that no one, including yourself, is perfect, although a Filipina who recognises your love, and loves you in return, is as near to perfect as you will ever find

Honesty on the internet.

From Date in Asia 5 minutes ago

---------------------------------------------------------

crill19 from cebu city

i want to meet a nice friends....

hi i'm nicoya or jane from philippines cebu city...

i like to go out with my friends of for short i'm a party girl...

i'm a bar girll...i'm dancer....

if u dont like that...its ok...

thanks for viewing my profile...

i dont like to lie who i am...

i'm honest person...

GOODLUCK!!!!!!

I want to meet a Male

with age from 18 to 40

and I want to meet for Friendship or Romance.

i want to meet a guy who accept who i am...

i'm not a guy...i'm a 100% girl...

if u accept me thats nice cause i work in the bar...

i hope i could meet a nice guy here...

cause if i meet a guy in the bar they need for fun only...

thank u very much...

take care alll and goodluck

post-4822-126673198725_thumb.jpg

JackJohnson

Do all of the cafes have cams? I don't have one myself, but I saw them at BestBuy for 30 bucks. And of the girls who have computers at home, do you think that most of them have cams as well? I guess that it's an obvious thing and I've heard it mentioned before, but I didn't think that it would be reasonable to demand this from every girl because they might honestly not have access to a cam. But yeah, it seems like the perfect way to sort out not only what they really look like but whether they're players as well.

Jesse I have been chatting online for 5/6 years and sometimes you can't tell if if they are really chatting with another or just typing slowly and then stopping to think what the English word to use or even deleting the line and starting again. Also some are doing their college assignments while chatting to you. I believe you just have to take the time and get to know the person and their personalities some are precious gems and some are just money hunters and others opportunists.

Jack,

I use Skype video its free like Yahoo and I also use Yahoo but I prefer Skype because I have a program that records video so I can go back over it and catch small things said or done that I might have missed in the moment. Much better to see in the webcam because the personality comes across a lot more than the Photos and you don't get the silly hand gestures you get in the photos.

Not all can afford cam but its a big doubt raiser for sure somewhere in the friendship and the sooner the better you need to see her or him in cam. I have chatted with all kinds and I like the ones with personality best ones I can joke with. If you have to do all the work in a relationship even an internet one then its not worth pursuing, the woman needs to grow a little more even if its just in English language skills.

I am not hunting for a girlfriend or wife just friends so I probably have more of a don't care if it bombs attitude.

There are jerks on the internet so some ladies have seen more penis's than they ever need to or want to and are a little pissed off if they think you might be another jerk too. The size of the penis is irrelevant to the pleasure you can give a woman learn how to give them incredible pleasure they like sex as much if not more than you. They are just not impressed with boorish behavior I read once that a woman is only turned on by her lovers penis and are repulsed by men who like to flash to impress.

Some ladies do offer to show for money and sometimes I have been the unwitting viewer of free shows about 4 times over six years. I had this friend of a friend I occasionally chatted with always with some disaster or another needing money and sometimes she would get disconnected and come back online later saying there was a brown out or something. Anyway we are chatting on cam and she disappeared from the "available"list in yahoo like she had gone "off line" she must have had others on cam too because she forgot I was still seeing her and I got a free and unexpected show and there was no doubt in my mind she did cam shows after that then she came back "online" from invisible to tell me she got "disconnected". :stick_poke: I always wondered where she got the money for a private room now I know. :horray: I let her have her double life and keep her respectability with me she has enough pain.

The rules of attraction that men use are not the same that women use. So your physical appearance is really not as important to a women as to a man. If you have a regular income, are stable and have a bit of confidence you will be attractive to most women. So work on improving those things if you are lacking.

You will know early on in the chatting if she is after the money more than you. Just take your time and be patient. No one is perfect even you so don't be unrealistic in what you demand of a woman's character unless you also have an unsullied character. You may want her to love you for yourself but the truth is she will love you for how you make her feel about herself. A woman will hang out with a guy that makes her feel unique and special that makes her feel good about herself. And who sometimes gives her a challenge so don't be a push over.

I spent 20 years trying to please my exwife it didn't work, it never will work trying to please a woman, they call it supplicating its my fault my marriage failed I don't do that anymore. I don't take any nonsense from women but I don't get angry with them I ignore their nonsense comments if they go funny and emotional and I treat them well and with respect. I like women. If the woman is not interested in me I don't take it personal I know what I want. I only really learnt about women after my marriage broke up and I started to ask questions about myself and my role in it.

I believe Filipino women are used to the men being the boss and are looking for and attracted to strong men who can lead them and be responsible for them. You don't have to be a jerk or a tyrant. And they hate irresponsible men, take note, they can be fooled just as easy as we can.

The father is the role model for the woman so if she gets on well with her father look at his qualities and traits and check yourself. If her father was an arsehole maybe she is looking for another one so have a good look at yourself. Just some of my thoughts.