Do's And Don"ts Of Internet Dating

Bob Ward
That's using a Filipina for one's advantage...as playing around only which is sad because somehow one or two might be true and loyal to you!

Daisy, your Filipina heritage is showing a bit! LOL As long as a guy is honest about his intentions, I do not feel as though he is taking advantage of anyone, even if he meets or chats with hundreds.

Bob, I just failed in your do's and don'ts...for one the first thing that urge me to write Alan is the sentence "...willing to live in the philippines for good..." and if someone start to ask proof against my words, "GOODBYE"!

You can't fail the do's and don'ts as they are just rough guidelines. I understand your feelings about my advising people to ask for some proof. I was not clear enough and I have edited the do's and don'ts accordingly.

I will say this, I posed the question to Kristine this morning. She said that she would have had no reservations about complying as she had nothing to hide. There is inherent mistrust that is pervasive and necessary on the internet and one must go into the endeavor with that knowledge and your guard up.

Maybe you will be willing to collaborate with me on the Pinay version of the D&Ds?

Edited by Bob Ward
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Expat

• Frosty

• Hero

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is particularly important in a country where the most frequent type of birth control is coitus interruptus !

This is something that I see a lot of in the Pointman site, a double standard. Men come here and date 10-20 women, the go back home and continue to communicate with several, and continue hitting the d

judging from the very high numbers of young woman with kids in the Philippines, there is much coitus and very little interruptus  

Posted Images

tideclipper
Daisy, your Filipina heritage is showing a bit! LOL As long as a guy is honest about his intentions, I do not feel as though he is taking advantage of anyone, even if he meets or chats with hundreds.

You can't fail the do's and don'ts as they are just rough guidelines. I understand your feelings about my advising people to ask for some proof. I was not clear enough and I have edited the do's and don'ts accordingly.

I will say this, I posed the question to Kristine this morning. She said that she would have had no reservations about complying as she had nothing to hide. There is inherent mistrust that is pervasive and necessary on the internet and one must go into the endeavor with that knowledge and your guard up.

Maybe you will be willing to collaborate with me on the Pinay version of the D&Ds?

I think that this a great idea for the Filipinas. I hate to say it but Western society is not what most filipinas imagine it to be. I think guidelines for screening are needed. I am just worried the little scam artists will use it their advantage.

• 1 year later...

All great points Bob - as usual.

Well, I've been chatting with a girl in Lapu Lapu for over a year and she has met all the criteria mentioned here and then some!! So, come April 15th I will be meeting her, finally!!

15 days in paradise B) If everything goes right maybe I NEVER come back to the states!! (ok, probably will have to but I can dream)

I'll let you know how it goes.

Ken

tom_shor

Good Luck. B)

All great points Bob - as usual.

Well, I've been chatting with a girl in Lapu Lapu for over a year and she has met all the criteria mentioned here and then some!! So, come April 15th I will be meeting her, finally!!

15 days in paradise B) If everything goes right maybe I NEVER come back to the states!! (ok, probably will have to but I can dream)

I'll let you know how it goes.

Ken

Bravo Ken! Wise men take their time getting to know a filipina. I waited even longer...two years before I started the K1 Fiancee process with Cathy. However, I did fly over and meet her at the 6 month mark to make sure she was the right one for me. Moral of the story is to NOT rush into a quick relationship.

Good luck Ken!

Pete in Seattle

udonthani

Though most of - in fact nearly all - of girls on the sites say they are looking for the "right man for lifetime" sort of thing, a lot of them, I'd guess at least 40%, higher for the older ones over about 23, are in actual fact married or committed, also many have children. The average Filipine woman does after all have 3.4 children and if she's 25 the chances are she's got at least one or two.

Amusingly, the odd good-time 'working girl' turns up though, the giveaway signs usually are :

1. looking for male 18-80

2. Occupation : customer service, beautician, waitress, hairstylist, or don't know

3. Picture of her in a bar

4. She's wearing a sarong seated in a foot massage chair in the picture

5. Picture of her with a foreigner

6. She's from BKK/Phuket/Pattaya /Angeles City

I've seen some profiles with all 6 of these. They're the off-duty bargirls and dancers you see in the mornings and afternoons in cyber cafes in places like Angeles or Pattaya or really anywhere, logged into the dating websites and online communities, with half a dozen chat windows open looking for the benefactor(s) - read total sucker - that may change their life. In the bigger cities in the Philippines, the cafes seem to fill up from about 9pm onwards with girls. They know that this is the time of night when the most western men are likely to be awake, both in Europe and the American continent and they can work on a better spread giving them a better chance of a return on their 15-20 pesos.

Alan S
the giveaway signs usually are :

1. looking for male 18-80

2. Occupation : customer service, beautician, waitress, hairstylist, or don't know

3. Picture of her in a bar

4. She's wearing a sarong seated in a foot massage chair in the picture

5. Picture of her with a foreigner

6. She's from BKK/Phuket/Pattaya /Angeles City

And yet many girls could have one or more of those "signs" and not be a bar girl.

As one example there are hundreds who work in Angeles, particularly on the Export Zone,

in shops, etc.

The same applies to the other places mentioned.

udonthani

The same applies to the other places mentioned.

of course there's plenty of 'normal' women in all those places, never said there weren't. But more than about three of those six points, and an alarm bell should start to ring - and that's before you've even interracted with them. A few times, just out of curiosity, I've started chatting to those I've suspected of being bargirls, and gradually gotten them to admit that what their jobs actually are. It isn't all that difficult to get the truth out of them in actual fact and doesn't take long. Like I've said before, it's the guys that have all the best cards, not them. Trouble is that so many of the guys don't know the best way to play them.

, I've started chatting to those I've suspected of being bargirls, and gradually gotten them to admit that what their jobs actually are. Trouble is that so many of the guys don't know the best way to play them.

Yeah, you outed yourself again as major exploitator. I really hope that there will be a way to get rid of you.

Markham
Yeah, you outed yourself again as major exploitator. I really hope that there will be a way to get rid of you.

I agree. I don't think Whippy/Udonthani/Solero or any other sex-tourist whose sole purpose in visiting is the exploitation of women should be welcome - particularly those who frequently make negative posts often barbed with cynicism, hypocrisy and anti-Philippine rhetoric.

Edited by Markham
I agree. I don't think Whippy/Udonthani/Solero or any other sex-tourist whose sole purpose in visiting is the exploitation of women should be welcome - particularly those who frequently make negative posts often barbed with cynicism, hypocrisy and anti-Philippine rhetoric.

All you have to do to get rid of him is to charge 2 peso for him to post on this site....he would be gone in a flash.....Much much too expensive for his taste.... :rolleyes:

Lacion Girl

I agree with you guys. I'm a Pinay and I'm sick and tired of his negative postings. I do understand it is his opinions on us, and he is entitled to it, but enough is enough already. I can/t understand his hatred on us and all those vile words that come out from him. Most people in this forum knows that there are a lot of negatives in this country but we also have our positives. Constantly making negative/derogatory thoughts and opinions in our face is sickening. I just hope that if and when I have the unfortunate chance to met this guy, he will not make the mistake of spewing some negative words to me, because I might just spit in his face, and that will not be a good action because I will be stepping down to his level of such a lowly human being.

Now what I just statesd does not reflect me as a good human being(I'm trying to be), but I do need to voice out my anger and I felt I've been insulted by this person.

"Mr Whippy/Udonthani/Solero,whatever your name" is, will you please stop spewing negatives about us. We certainly know of your opinion on us. We got it the first, second, third etc. posting you made. You have your opinions stated clearly, we are sick and tired of your opinions.

KennyF

I don't remember where I found this article but I have found it to be quite acurate.

I have"x"ed out the naughty words but it should be easy to understand.

It's not my work but I've lived here and Thailand over 20 years and I think its quite on the button.

---------------------------------------- Begin

THE "NICE GIRL" TEST

It's hard to tell, from emails, letters or chats, just what kind of girl your new found darling might be, even after seemingly endless communication. But here's a fairly quick and accurate test that will give you a clue.

Remember, your girl is NOT different from all the others.

In every country, a good girl is a good girl, a bad girl is a bad girl. Read on.......

Answer each questions with simple "Yes" or "No" (and be honest, this is for your benefit).

1: Did she, or will she, sleep in your hotel room on the first day you meet?

2: Has she given or sent you sexy or even nude photos before you met?

3: Before meeting for the first time did she ever shown you her breasts or brassier on chat cam?

4: Has she told you that, she never did it before but she will "suck" or "smoke" you?

5: Has she ever been with another western guy?

6: Does she use "taboo" words like "cxxt", "cock", "fxxk", "vagina". "penis" and so on?

7: Does she ever talk about money?

8: Is she always talking about how "faithful" she is or will be?

9: Is she "strangely attracted" to you or even "love you" before you even meet?

SCORE

Did you answer "No" to all 9 questions? Marry her quick and bring her home to show mum and dad.

Any one of the first 4 questions, RUN, she's a genuine whore, fxxk her if you want but don't marry her.

Answer one or two "Yes" answers and you might just have a silly uneducated country girl on your hands.

Answer three with "Yes" and she's probably a simple slut, you know, an "easy" girl.

Answer four or more "Yes", watch out, she's simply a whore AND probably a hooker too.

WHY YOU ASK?

1: A "nice" Philippina would NEVER sleep with a man until several months of courting.

2: A "nice" Philippina has no such photos in the first place. Ask yourself, "Who took those photos"?

3: A "nice" Philippina would NEVER show her breasts to ANYONE outside the marital bedroom.

4: Hey come on, what "nice" girl offers blow jobs to strangers?

5: She's just looking for the easy life. Ask yourself "why did the other guy dump her?"

6: These words are "taboo" between boys and girls (except in the bedroom, then it's fine).

7: Money is very important, but a "nice" Philippina will not mention it until you get much closer.

8: Philippinas are by nature the most unfaithful girls on the planet. They'll screw anybody and everybody.

9: If you need to think about this you're beyond help.

Don't let us spoil a budding relationship, but think carefully and act accordingly.

Follow your head, not your heart.

She wants money and security. You want to screw a pretty young chick. No problem.

You, working in the west, have got lots of cash to spare.

She, being a Philippina, is a natural born sex maniac. Have fun, but for gods sake, don't get serious.

Would you marry a prostitute, or a whore, in your own country?

---------------------------------------- End

Kenny in Camiguin

I remember seeing that posted somewhere before also.

Bob Ward
I remember seeing that posted somewhere before also.

Personally I think that document is way off the mark and stereotypes WAY too much. Not to mention that I think the author is full of crap.