Question for Paul or anyone else about Ubuntu

I just installed Ubuntu on my laptop, now I have two operating systems to choose from. Paul states that Ubuntu is easier to use than Windows. My question is, what is a compatible firewall to use with Ubuntu? I already tried installing Kaspersky but it does not seem to be compatible. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

dennis1105

I just installed Ubuntu on my laptop, now I have two operating systems to choose from. Paul states that Ubuntu is easier to use than Windows. My question is, what is a compatible firewall to use with Ubuntu? I already tried installing Kaspersky but it does not seem to be compatible. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

If Linux were "easier to use than Windows" you wouldn't be asking this question. Windows has a built in firewall...what could be easier than that? There is a reason that Linux only has a 3% share of desktops... I've tried every variation of Linux for the past 10 years and I still always go back to Windows. Take what the "Linux Fanboys" say with a grain of salt. Try all the Linux variations for yourself and you'll see that all of them are deficient in different areas, compatibility(Hardware and Software), quirkiness, support, and some of them are downright ugly(Ubuntu). The closest I ever came to being happy with Linux was a distro called PCLinuxOS but, even it has it's shortcomings. OpenSUSE is not bad either. It seems to be more "polished" than the other distros. Novell make OpenSUSE and a lot of Linux folks don't like a large commercial company having anything to do with Linux. Remember, when you choose a distro, you are at the mercy of the unpaid team of developers who can quit at anytime. It's happened many times, Mandrake/Mandriva is an example.

Dennis

Linux Mint is good too coz it has a built in firewall and flash unlike Ubuntu u need to go into the terminal and configure stuff.

oh my hubby sez try going on to - Going Linux Podcast, those guys there are experts in linux and answers questions from callers.

Computer America - every third tuesday of every month is Linux Only Discussion, they'll answer any questions u have about linux. :)

Edited by monang