Sky Cable

wingandprayer

jusjoseph

Link to customer care, main office.

http://www.mysky.com.ph/subpages/customercare.aspx

Please send them a note. You can remind them of the lack of response/support, from the local (Mandaue) office.

Norseman, good you have a strong internet connection. All of us don't. They only strong stream I get here is in the CR. :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wingandprayer

• jusjoseph

• aussiedon

• David_LivinginTalisay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had no problems until I read this post now I'm missing half the channels and some are all over the place, thanks a lot.

We all know if you live here, that "acceptance of mediocre service is to be expected." Just another example. My girls just left and my red horse is cold. That disclaimer covers the entire RP, for e

David_LivinginTalisay

What is all this Bitching about SkyCable for?

I used to pay Php799 a month for low quality, encrypted analogue channels (requiring a Set Top Box for most of the Channels, as scrambled).

When SkyCable introduced Digital over the same Cable, and expected me to pay fort the NEW DigiBox, I said I was never informed about additional costs so refused the install!

Months later SkyCable introduced ne Packages from Php399 per month. In addition to various packages up to Php799, one could selectively add programs they wanted.

I went with SkyCable Php399 Package as it included BBC World. I added Star Movies and Discovery Channel for another Php150

Other than Cinemax perhaps, I dont miss those aditional Channels, that I was paying an additional Php250 for.

OK so SkyCable duringf some upgrades screwed thiung up and Cjhnnels not avilable and when they did come back the Order was all messed up in some cases.

I just pressed the 'Set to Default' option on the MENU and at least they were all in Numerical Order again.

BBC World that had been Ch#21 is now Chan #46

But Heck I could get just about every damn channel (except the HD Channels - but we dont have an HD set top Box). Had I not gone to the 1st Birtday Party of Katie, Jack (LordBlacknail) and Maries (hopefully Family-Adopted) baby daughter.

By the time we got home, all the non-paid for Channels wer blocked. I now have to set up my 'Favorites' again., noting BBC World is new Chan #46.

I posted the Channel Line up before for SkyCable TV, Talisay (Ex Moonsat)

See http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/30676-skycable-digibox/

I need to compare with what we have now.

Here is my ammended spreadsheet, with the old Channel Number columns hidden.

Channels that are New or different Channel # are shown in BOLD

Download -> SKYCable_ChanLineUp-Cebu.xls

(I have no more B/W for Attachments, sorry for this, as requests to rectify this via PM to Admin, are ignored!)

NB: this is for SKY Cable (Moonsat) Cebu (according to EPG)

May not be applicable to other SkyCable TV Areas

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
jusjoseph

Obviously another satisfied customer.

CardiacKid

Excuse me, but what channel is Bloomberg on? It was my favorite channel and I thought we lost it many months ago. I haven't turned on the television since. Now, if I can find that darn remote.

Channel 56 on mine. I live in Minglanilla though, so yours may be different.
David_LivinginTalisay

Excuse me, but what channel is Bloomberg on? It was my favorite channel and I thought we lost it many months ago. I haven't turned on the television since. Now, if I can find that darn remote.

Steve,

Check out my reply to this thread as I edited an Excel Spreadsheet that I created when we had the SkyCable Digibox installed.

https://docs.google....YVRUOFBMMHpSUEE

This is applicable to SkyCable (Moonsat) Cebu, which is for Talisay City/Naga area. It may or may not apply to other areas, so please check, download a copy and edit your copy of the Spreadsheet accordingly.

We had downgraded from All Analogue Channels paying Php799 per month and never watching 60% + of them, to the Plan 399 as it included BBC World (for 'some strange reason Plan 499 dropped BBC - according to their Marketing Brochure). You can't add BBC World either!

I wanted Discovery Channel and Sha-Sha wanted Star Movies so that was an Additional Php150pm. We seemed to have lost CINEMAX however!

I have added some extra columns that show just Which 60 Channels we get in our SkyCable Plan399 plus the 2 x A La Carte Discovery Channel and Star Movies (taking us up to 62 Channels for Php549 per month

This Spreadsheet also now calculates just How Many Channels, Not Subscribed to = 67 others, including the 15 x HD version Channels!

Steve, I have added a Search Function, so If you Type in the Channel Name ie [Bloomberg) and hit Enter, it Shows the Ch # [56] alongside the [ Search Box ]

TheMatrix

Steve,

Check out my reply to this thread as I edited an Excel Spreadsheet that I created when we had the SkyCable Digibox installed.

https://docs.google....YVRUOFBMMHpSUEE

This is applicable to SkyCable (Moonsat) Cebu, which is for Talisay City/Naga area. It may or may not apply to other areas, so please check, download a copy and edit your copy of the Spreadsheet accordingly.

We had downgraded from All Analogue Channels paying Php799 per month and never watching 60% + of them, to the Plan 399 as it included BBC World (for 'some strange reason Plan 499 dropped BBC - according to their Marketing Brochure). You can't add BBC World either!

I wanted Discovery Channel and Sha-Sha wanted Star Movies so that was an Additional Php150pm. We seemed to have lost CINEMAX however!

I have added some extra columns that show just Which 60 Channels we get in our SkyCable Plan399 plus the 2 x A La Carte Discovery Channel and Star Movies (taking us up to 62 Channels for Php549 per month

This Spreadsheet also now calculates just How Many Channels, Not Subscribed to = 67 others, including the 15 x HD version Channels!

Steve, I have added a Search Function, so If you Type in the Channel Name ie [Bloomberg) and hit Enter, it Shows the Ch # [56] alongside the [ Search Box ]

Thank you, but since the channel shake up a few days ago where CNN was on channel 50, now it is on channel 20. But, now my channels only go up to 43. There's only static on 44 and above. Do I need a digital box or need to do something to get the channels above 43? I'm at Winland Towers and I believe our channels are included with our association fees as we do not pay a monthly subscription fee. I get HBO, but not Bloomberg. I wish vice-versa.

jusjoseph

David, can you guide me to receive Fox News on Sky Cable or not?

jusjoseph

Your channels are NOT included in your association fees. Why in the world would think this.? shaking my head, find your remote.....duh

TheMatrix

Your channels are NOT included in your association fees. Why in the world would think this.? shaking my head, find your remote.....duh

Why wouldn't they be included? Every condo I have ever lived in my life has had a basic package of channels included. Every unit in Winland has cable TV supplied by SkyCable... so smarty pants, tell me who pays for it?

David_LivinginTalisay

David, can you guide me to receive Fox News on Sky Cable or not?

'jusjoseph' and Steve

See skycable-digibox/

In my Reply #4

If you are not receiving in whatever Plan you are Subscribed to, then Pick additional via A La Carte.

scable.png

Cebu Coverage Area

• Consolacion
  • Cebu
  • Mandaue
  • Mactan
  • Talisay
  • Minganilla
  • Naga

C_14_1.jpg

C_14_2.jpg

C_14_4.jpg

C_14_3.jpg

SKYcable Brings HD to Cebu and Davao

SKYcable, the country’s number one (1) cable TV provider continues to bring new technologies in digital television to Filipinos.

SKYcable ushered in the era of digital in the local cable broadcasting industry when it launched the SKYcable DigiBox in 2008. The DigiBox was a groundbreaking innovation that revolutionized TV viewing with new cutting-edge technologies and features, leading a new era in pay TV.

And in 2009, less than a year after the launch of true digital cable television in the country, SKYcable launched HD or high-definition TV Service. SKYcable HD now has the most number of HD channels with a total of eleven (11) channels plus the seasonal pay-per-view HD.

The company offers HD service via fourSKYcable HD Packs for varied consumption needs: The first one is the Innovation Pack that features Discovery HD World, HISTORY HD and HBO HD while the Revolution Pack features Fox Crime HD, Fox Family HD, Fox HD, STAR Movies HD and National Geographic HD. There’s also an NBA Premium TV (HD) Pack for NBA fanatics and the Power Pack that offers all the 11 HD channels. All packages come with ESPN HD for free.

And now, true to SKYcable’s commitment to raise the Filipino cable TV experience, SKYcable brings the Philippines’ first true digital HD cable TV service to the regional area. This reaffirms SKYcable’s position at the forefront of the digital revolution. SKYcable HD will be launched in selected areas of Cebu, Davao, Cavite and Laguna on October 2011, and then in more areas in the coming months.

At the press launch of SKYcable HD, Mr. Alan Supnet, SKYcable’s Head of Marketing, tells the story of SKYcable and how the company continues to grow to keep up the growing entertainment needs of the Filipino.“SKYcable is leveraging its leadership position in digital pay TV to provide cable subscribers in Cebu and Davao the best and widest array in digital home entertainment content to suit individual preference for greater viewing pleasure.”

He added that with the current depth and breadth of digital content and HD program offerings of SKYcable, complemented by its planned innovations that are currently in the drawing board, he is confident that SKYcable will continue to enjoy its market leadership position in Cebu and Davao market in the years to come.

Expect SKYcable to lead the pack in offering the newest technology and best content in cable TV to the Filipino viewer in areas around the country. For more information on SKYcable HD in Cebu, Davao, Cavite and Laguna please call 345-2278, 305-5456, 484-4701 and 520-8560 respectively or text 0917880SKY (0917880759), or log on to www.mysky.com.ph.

logoMain.png

A La Carte

NEWS

• ANC ....................................................20.00
  • CNN HEADLINE NEWS .........................20.00
  • FOX NEWS...........................................20.00
  • [highyellow]BLOOMBERG ....................................100.00[highyellow]

MOVIES

• TCM.................................................... 20.00
  • MGM ...................................................50.00
  • STAR MOVIES ...................................100.00

KIDS

• BOOMERANG .......................................20.00
  • KidsCo ..................................................20.00
  • PLAYHOUSE DISNEY ..........................100.00

ENTERTAINMENT FOR WOMEN

• DISCOVERY HOME AND HEALTH ........20.00
  • LIFESTYLE NETWORK ........................20.00
  • VELVET .................................................20.00
  • TLC .......................................................20.00
  • DIVA UNIVERSAL ...................................20.00
  • ASIAN FOOD CHANNEL ........................50.00

SPORTS FOR MEN

• FX ........................................................20.00
  • DISCOVERY TURBO ...........................20.00
  • FOX CHANNEL.................................... 20.00
  • SOLAR SPORTS .................................50.00
  • NBA PREMIUM ...................................150.00
  • ESPN & STAR SPORTS .....................150.00
  • ASN ....................................................350.00

LEARNING

• NAT GEO ADVENTURE .........................20.00
  • DISCOVERY SCIENCE ..........................20.00
  • DISCOVERY CHANNEL .........................50.00
  • HISTORY CHANNEL.............................. 50.00
  • BIOGRAPHY CHANNEL .........................50.00

SUSPENSE

• FOX CRIME ...........................................20.00
  • CRIME AND INVESTIGATION .................50.00

CHINESE

• PHOENIX CHINESE CHANNEL ........................ 150.00
  • PHOENIX INFONEWS ...................................... 150.00
  • STAR CHINESE MOVIES 150.00 STAR NEWS 150.00

INDIAN

• STAR ONE........................................... 150.00
  • STAR GOLD ........................................150.00

JAPANESE

• NHK PREMIUM ....................................250.00

KOREAN

• MBC.................................................... 800.00

and the

Premium Packages: -

METRO PACK

(P350)

• BOOMERANG
  • KIDSCO
  • NAT GEO ADVENTURE
  • DISCOVERY TURBO
  • DISCOVERY TRAVEL & LIVING
  • DISCOVERY HOME & HEALTH
  • DISCOVERY SCIENCE
  • CRIME & INVESTIGATION
  • CNN HEADLINE NEWS
  • STAR PLUS

HBO PACK

(P350)

• HBO HITS
  • HBO SIGNATURE
  • HBO FAMILY

SPORTS

(P150)

• ASN (All Sports Network)

KOREAN CHANNEL

(P800)

• MBC

INDIAN PACK

(P350)

• STAR NEWS
  • STAR ONE
  • STAR GOLD

CHINESE PREMIUM

• STAR CHINESE MOVIES..................................(P150)
  • PHOENIX CHINESE ..... ...................................(P150)
  • PHOENIX INFONEWS ......................................(P150)

wingandprayer

Channel 56 for me.

David_LivinginTalisay

Here is my ammended spreadsheet, with the old Channel Number columns hidden.

Channels that are New or different Channel # are shown in BOLD

Download -> SKYCable_ChanLineUp-Cebu.xls

(I have no more B/W for Attachments, sorry for this, as requests to rectify this via PM to Admin, are ignored!)

NB: this is for SKY Cable (Moonsat) Cebu (according to EPG)

May not be applicable to other SkyCable TV Areas

For those who fcant be bothered downloading the Spreadsheet that I created showing the New SKYcable Channel Line-up, here is what it shows:-

Chan Network / Channel Name

2 1 ABS-CBN

4 1 NBN

5 1 TV5

6 1 my SKY

8 1 GMA

9 1 IBC

10 1 Studio 23

11 1 Talk TV

12 1 ETC

13 1 UNTV

14 1 Sugbo TV

15 1 Community Channel

16 1 Knowledge Channel

17 1 GMA News TV

18 1 CCTN

19 X ANC

20 1 CNN

21 1 Hero

22 1 Disney Channel

23 1 Cartoon Channel

24 1 Nickolodean

25 1 Nat Geo Channel

26 1 Star Movies

27 1 Cinema One

28 1 my TV

29 1 HBO

30 X Fox Family Movies

31 X Fox Channel

32 1 AXN

33 1 Star world

34 1 Lifestyle Network

35 1 Velvet

36 1 RCTV

37 1 Discovery Channel

38 1 EZ Shop

39 1 MYX

40 1 Solar Sports

41 1 Balls

42 1 Jack TV

43 X ESPN

44 X Star Sports

45 1 Basketball TV

46 1 BBC

47 1 Tourist channel

48 X AXN Beyond

49 X Cinemax

50 X Diva International

51 X E

52 1 DZMM TeleRadyo

53 1 ACQ-ABN

54 1 Amazing Cebu

55 1 KBS World

56 X Bloomberg

57 1 EWTN

58 1 Net 25

59 1 Second Avenue

60 X Asian Food Channel

61 X Fox News

62 X Al Jazeera

63 X Fox Crime

64 X History Channel

65 X Biography

66 X Kix

67 1 GEM TV

68 1 Ariang

69 1 Telenovela Channel

70 1 dyAB TeleRadyo

71 1 Aksyon TV

72 1 Channel News Asia

73 X NHK World Premium

74 X Thrill

75 1 CCTV4

76 1 CCTV9

77 1 DA AI

78 X Disney Junior

79 X Animax

80 X Animal Planet

81 X Nat Geo Wild

82 X Screen Red

83 1 Preview Channel

84 X ASN

85 1 Living Asia

86 X FX

87 X PBB Unlimited 24/7

88 X HBO Hits

89 X HBO Signature

90 X HBO Family

91 X TCM

92 X MGM

93 X CNN Headline News

94 X Discovery Travel & Living

95 X Discovery Home & Health

96 X Discovery Turbo

97 X Discovery Science

98 X Nat Geo Adventure

99 X Boomerang

100 X Ceebeebies

101 X Kidsco

102 X Crime & Investigation

103 X Star Plus

104 X Doordarshan National

105 X Life OK

106 X Star Gold

107 X Phoenix Chinese Channel

108 X Phoenix InfoNews Channel

109 X Pheonix Movies Channel

110 X MBC

111 X NBA Premium

112 1 Rai

113 1 DW-TV

114 1 TV5Monde

115 1 TVE

116 1 Australian Channel

117 X Fashion TV

124 X Discovery HD

125 X History HD

126 X History HD

127 X Balls HD

128 X HBO HD

129 X HBO Hits HD

130 X Fox Movies Premium HD

131 X Fox Movies HD

132 X Star World HD

133 X Fox HD

134 X Fox Crime HD

135 X NBA Premium HD

136 X ESPN HD

137 X ASN HD

138 X Cartoon Network HD

BOLD = Chans included on Plan399

67 X = Not Subscribed Chans on Plan 399

1 Additional Cost (A La Carte) Channels

62 Chans total for 399 + 100 + 50 = Php549pm

• 4 weeks later...
MarinePride

Whenever they want to come and pick up the two Digiboxes I'll have them ready, because I'm not paying my bill anymore. I'm already one month late and the service has been so terrible..to hell with it, I don't need their crap anymore. I've been a customer for over two years, so I don't have any service contract to fulfill, I'll just be a dead beat with the bill until they cut it. That seems to be the way the locals handle it and it's in my wifes name anyway.

Cignal looks interesting, but they have a three year commitment and that's too long if they suck too.

CardiacKid
Cignal looks interesting, but they have a three year commitment and that's too long if they suck too.
Cignal is to satellite service what Sky Cable is to cable TV. If you select a lower tier package and want to change, you're stuck with buying a new box for 5000 pesos. Really sad to say, but Sky is the best option if it's available in your area. Cignal often loses its signal during heavy rains and the programming changes without warning or explanation. One other pet peeve was that they would have multiple channels assigned a single channel and you never knew what was on. Their remotes are also a joke. Mine lasted less than a year and became basically unusable.
wingandprayer
... and the programming changes without warning or explanation

Sky Cable does that too. Hard to develope a schedule for a favorite show.

Windy today and most channels are in and out every few seconds.