Sky Cable

wingandprayer

wingandprayer

File this under the "annoying" category. I'm just venting a little.

How many out there think that Skye cable stepped into a big pile of digital excrement before they were ready? I'm tired of the "no signal. stop service" screen coming up all too frequently. The picture freeze that happens every 5 minutes or so. I'm tired of the programming that changes weekly. I'm tired of the same show being played 12 times in 2 days. I'm tired of shows that start at odd times. 4:40 rather than 4:30 and such....etc.

This morning I wake and I'm watching a favorite show of mine when the signal is lost. This happens almost daily, most certainly weekly. I wait a couple of minutes for it to return. Finally I disconnect the input cable from the digibox and connect directly to the TV. This is something I have to do quite often. Now all the channels are out of the order they had been. Channel 38 is now Skye sports when it had been StarWorld just 5 minutes ago. I'm not getting my movie channels along with some of the basic service channels. I have to surf ALL the channels to see what's on. It's gone beyond ridiculous. Cable TV should have competition beyond satellite. Satellite doesn't do it for most apartment dwellers.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wingandprayer

• jusjoseph

• aussiedon

• David_LivinginTalisay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had no problems until I read this post now I'm missing half the channels and some are all over the place, thanks a lot.

We all know if you live here, that "acceptance of mediocre service is to be expected." Just another example. My girls just left and my red horse is cold. That disclaimer covers the entire RP, for e

CardiacKid

When you have no competition there is little reason to change. Until another cable company comes into the area we will see no improvements. As bad as it is, it is still better than the satellite services offered. As to programs not starting on time, that often occurs with the networks so the habit pattern is established.

Yep, we are partially on and partially off this morning. Was working fine last night. Movie channels seem to work but some of the others have gone. This happens not too often but it's irritating when it does.

File this under the "annoying" category. I'm just venting a little.

How many out there think that Skye cable stepped into a big pile of digital excrement before they were ready? I'm tired of the "no signal. stop service" screen coming up all too frequently. The picture freeze that happens every 5 minutes or so. I'm tired of the programming that changes weekly. I'm tired of the same show being played 12 times in 2 days. I'm tired of shows that start at odd times. 4:40 rather than 4:30 and such....etc.

This morning I wake and I'm watching a favorite show of mine when the signal is lost. This happens almost daily, most certainly weekly. I wait a couple of minutes for it to return. Finally I disconnect the input cable from the digibox and connect directly to the TV. This is something I have to do quite often. Now all the channels are out of the order they had been. Channel 38 is now Skye sports when it had been StarWorld just 5 minutes ago. I'm not getting my movie channels along with some of the basic service channels. I have to surf ALL the channels to see what's on. It's gone beyond ridiculous. Cable TV should have competition beyond satellite. Satellite doesn't do it for most apartment dwellers.

Where do you live. I have had Sky Cable for 3 years and have VERY little problem with their service. I can think of maybe 2 times in 3 years where service inexplicably dropped..but was resumed with the day or even hour. So thankful they put up the ASN network to catch US football and also the NBA premium. Having Al Jezera, CNN, FOX ..and other intl news outlets is a big plus.... seriously I really like their service.. And now they have HD service which I havn't bought yet. NOW ITS THEIR BROADBAND INTERNET.. that has problems. unpredictable, sometimes, slow and really weird billing practices.

hookedtothenet

We have had Sky cable for almost 3 years now.

Interesting to hear that you have a decoder box, we don't, we have a cable coming in directly from the main supply cable in the road(elevated not underground) and then that goes directly into the TV.

We have pretty poor picture quality on most channel's even though sometimes we have had the engineers around and tested it, they say it's fine.

We have had however our cable being cut into on one occasion and a splitter put on and that has also been the reason for poor quality signal, we got that sorted, apparently it was a subcontractor doing a sneaky taking backhanders from one of our neighbors to get free cable.

All in all we get a pretty crappy service compared to that in Oz or the UK, but there are few options, I have looked at 'Cignal' but they are satellite only and maybe fewer channels unless you double the cost, we currently pay P600 a month for sky cable. We may well consider moving over when they have more HD channels available and pay Cignal the P1,290 per month.

wingandprayer
Where do you live. I have had Sky Cable for 3 years and have VERY little problem with their service.

I live near the Capitol. Didn't have these problems until I got the digibox and extra channels. I really think they just released their "product" before they were ready. I'm headed to their office in a bit to pay my bill and find out how I can get some real attention from the powers that be.

I've had no problems until I read this post now I'm missing half the channels and some are all over the place, thanks a lot.

• Like 2
Wombat No More

Let that be a lesson to ya... don't read posts ya mug... :steve:
jusjoseph

I have lived here for several years. I have always paid 6 months advance, thinking that would save me a trip to ayala for payment or issue. It has not worked for me. Today with thier channel change, I now recieve Ellen Degeneras and no longer recieve Fox news. WTF. I will be going to Ayala tomorrrow. Know the website and email at skycable is USELESS, they will not reply you. From now on, I will only pay in 3 month increments. Hey tourism board, It's more fun in the Phillipines. Dumbazzesssss.

CardiacKid

I have lived here for several years. I have always paid 6 months advance, thinking that would save me a trip to ayala for payment or issue. It has not worked for me. Today with thier channel change, I now recieve Ellen Degeneras and no longer recieve Fox news. WTF. I will be going to Ayala tomorrrow. Know the website and email at skycable is USELESS, they will not reply you. From now on, I will only pay in 3 month increments. Hey tourism board, It's more fun in the Phillipines. Dumbazzesssss.

They have a disclaimer on their channel lineup handouts that pretty much negates any complaints. It states that channels are subject to change at anytime with no prior notice. Might make you feel better to vent, but probably won't do much good. :steve:
jusjoseph

We all know if you live here, that "acceptance of mediocre service is to be expected." Just another example. My girls just left and my red horse is cold. That disclaimer covers the entire RP, for everything.

• Like 2
wingandprayer
I now recieve Ellen Degeneras and no longer recieve Fox news. WTF.

Same with me. Like an idiot, I didn't mention it yesterday when paying my bill. Good thing I'm very close to Ayala. If SkyeCable dropped FoxNews altogether, I'm going to be even more upset with them.

There is some good news. The other day when my landlord brought me the cable bill, he informed me that you can basically pick and choose the channels you get and cut your bill down quite a bit. He pays 280 p a month compared to the 700 or so I've been paying.

This mess reminds me of how the grocery stores around here are managed. Just when you get used to where to go to find an item they rearrange. I used to give them the benefit of the doubt. Now I think it's just poor management trying to justify their existence. Order and organization aren't exactly strong points around here.

wingandprayer

Don't shoot me. I'm only the messenger.

MarinePride

I turned on the TV yesterday and all of the channels are different, except for Bloomberg on channel 56. I hate Sky Cable, but I'm stuck with them, for the most part if I want to watch TV. Just like everything else here, you learn to settle with sub par service.