anyone else having trouble with globe broadband?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

What is "ajax.googleapis.com"?? When I try to access this site or one of the topics within the site, my browser attempts to access ajax.googleapis.com and everything comes to a halt, a long wait until finally the topic comes up. Obviously this is part of Google, but this is the bottleneck that seems to slow everything down to a dead stop.

i believe that is where google stores their javascript library

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• musicman666

• easy44

• Bill H

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

musicman666

i believe that is where google stores their javascript library

Yeah me too..... Can't get into this site often because of that site.... It's to do with tracking you for marketing purposes... No use whatsoever!

Someone should opt out of that process, if possible. At the present moment this site is unusable for me due to the sloooow response time. Yes, I am using it now but only because I'm hoping someone will deal with this problem! I'm out of here for a while. Will check back periodically.

musicman666

My tracing program seems to flagging up a bottle neck in Singapore..... Strange that all traffic gets shunted through there? ...well strange until you realise who the majority stake holder is ...yes you guessed it. ..Singapore telecom. Hmmmmm.... Some cash savings having to be made. ..odd to do that since they made like 50 billion pesos a year.

musicman, this is (from commandline) a ipconfig /all for my active connection

just for my curiosity how does your connection look like, specialy

the DNS Servers part

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Networ

k Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-12-F0-39-6D-3B

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.3

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.8.8

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, February 13, 2012 11:39:01 A

M

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:39:01

AM

musicman666

i cant get info because im behind my own router...i just get the ip address of my router for all the settings

shadow

Someone should opt out of that process, if possible. At the present moment this site is unusable for me due to the sloooow response time. Yes, I am using it now but only because I'm hoping someone will deal with this problem! I'm out of here for a while. Will check back periodically.

Ditto!

Larry in Dumaguete

i cant get info because im behind my own router...i just get the ip address of my router for all the settings

You will notice that one my DNS servers is 8.8.8.8 that is one the google DNS servers.

I configured that into my own router, just as I got my globe WIMAX I had difficulties loading different web-pages

after I put the DNS 8.8.8.8 entry in my own router, I have not really had DNS problems

I have been having problems with Globe broadband for about 3 years, sometimes worse than others. I have 100+ emails worth of complaints. The last few days have gotten steadily worse than usual, which is not unusual. In fact I tried to post a while ago to see if anyone else was having problems, but of course it timed out. I wish I had better options.

Larry in Dumaguete

Yes, I have been having similar problems. Globe has always had its ups and downs with consistent speed. This seems to be fairly normal throughout all of the service providers here. The past few days, I have noticed more problems than before. I have had trouble accessing my Yahoo email and several other sites, but not all. Timeouts are the main issue.

One website that I log into daily has several different sub-domains. Some I can access without any problems and others can be a real challenge for hours at a time or almost a whole day. For instance, I could log into the main site, but when I wanted to submit a trouble ticket on a different sub-domain, it could not be accessed due to timeout. I felt helpless to resolve the problem. So, I am somewhat relieved to know that I am not the only one experiencing these problems.

Globe is getting worse today! I'm now unable to log into my Yahoo account too! Not even Messenger works for me now. No problems at all with this site though. For support Globe tells you to send them an email or contact them on face book, but I can do neither! Frustrating that! Then again, even if I could contact them, I doubt they would do anything.

Bill

Basically I am computer illiterate...

...but I used to have the sames problems with Globelines as those shared above. I had Globe technicians in our house - no change; they set up a higher antenna - no change; they advised me by phone - no change. But then I read about Globelines throttling downloaders. My utorrent used to run day and night. It was only after I drastically cut my downloads that things normalized and my connection became stable.

Could that be a cause? But then again, I am basically computer illiterate...

musicman666

Well for me torrents are very fast .... It's all about not getting certain sites... Its not about bandwidth.

USMC-Retired

Sites are a DNS issue. You have to fix the fact you can not search globes yellow pages very fast. If your torrents run fast that tells you that you have speed. That is connecting you directly to a peer thus you can zoom along. If you see pages just reloading with no header (top telling you what site it is) then it is a DNS issue.

You can check that via ping plotter. To see how long it takes to resolve. I would change your DNS to google or open DNS.

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

Edited by Norseman

It's not a DNS issue - its something with their routing, not much you can do about it except using a proxy or VPN.

I'm having the same issue with both bayantel and globe, just different destinations.

Simply amazing it takes them days or weeks to sort out these problems.

A_Simple_Man

I would have replied sooner but I have been having trouble with the Globe DNS and their signal on my Tattoo. Only since Friday though. Until then it was quite acceptable