anyone else having trouble with globe broadband?

shadow

Well, it just took me 4 minutes to open the portal, 3 minutes to open this thread, and 4 minutes for the reply box to open up. Great guns Globe! I wonder how long it will take to get this message on the board, if it will go at all?

Never mind that now I have to click the "go to last unread post" button if I want to read it.

Larry in Dumaguete

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• musicman666

• easy44

• Bill H

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

USMC-Retired

The DNS server for globe is overloaded. If you use a VPN you will see a speed increase.

musicman666

Well, it just took me 4 minutes to open the portal, 3 minutes to open this thread, and 4 minutes for the reply box to open up. Great guns Globe! I wonder how long it will take to get this message on the board, if it will go at all?

Never mind that now I have to click the "go to last unread post" button if I want to read it.

Larry in Dumaguete

I feel your pain..... Literally!

musicman666

The DNS server for globe is overloaded. If you use a VPN you will see a speed increase.

I'll try that..... Is there an idiots guide....?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Larry in Dumaguete

happy new year

good bye 2012 hello 2013

USMC-Retired

Just go to http://www.hidemynet.com/. They charge you 15 dollars for three months. Yet it will fix your issues. The speed is not the problem with globe. The problem is that the directory can not tell you where to go. So it delays there. If you do a trace route you will see that.

I use a free program called Ping Plotter. http://www.pingplotter.com/ That will do your trace route for you. This way you will see that where it stalls is the DNS or from each leg inside the country. Yet once it is outside the country your speed improves. That is because the DNS is overloaded and it slows you down. It is also a tatic used to slow people to protect precious bandwidth.

Last 3 days very slow, I reported it to the shop in Grand Mall and got a mobile response very quickly after that. The engineers are coming on Monday. Getting DL 2.62 and Ping 45ms.

If they are not providing the service contracted for how do we go about deducting payment for poor service?

Isn't using a service like "openDNS" supposed to solve that problem? I'm using openDNS and having the same problems.

USMC-Retired

Open DNS can slow you down. That is a highly encrypted version of a VPN. I would use L2PT or PPTP. Additionally I would ping the various servers to see which one is giving you the best results. Speed test is not going to tell you much as the route is verified by then. So you should try Ping Plotter and see where the slow down occurs.

musicman666

.... how does PLDT compare with GLOBE with regards to this dns server issue?? ...i understand PLDT doesnt use a proxy server and their system uses routers you can buy from a store. ..does PLDT use fixed ip or is it floating like GLOBE?? is PLDT better??? i can also opt for SKYcable.....i tried them out before and it wasnt too bad.. in retrospect they were as good as globe more or less when globe were good so maybe they are now better..... i might sky in again for a free trial.

USMC-Retired

I have smartbro the antenna on the roof type.

Top one is without VPN bottom is with VPN.

post-1477-0-18871000-1329021689_thumb.png

This is speed test for my one Mb connection

post-1477-0-57057700-1329021879_thumb.png

Very informative, but Gmail remains unaccessible to me, even in the wee hours. I can get to google without any problems, but when I go to Gmail even from the google home page, all I get is time out messages. Globe just sucks!!!

Speed is back up this morning and Google and Gmail working fine for me now. Resetting my modem seems to help many times when I get a slow connection. Just turn it off, wait a few minutes and turn it back on. I guess you will then get a different dynamic IP, and some seem to be much faster than others. As I mentioned before, I see a noticeable decrease in speed every weekend, and I can't help but believe this is deliberate on the part of Globe, for whatever reason. Come Monday, things go back to normal.

Unfortunately, this site, among those I have tried is still very, very slow to respond. It's not my connection speed but seems to be the server at the other end. My computer sits there doing nothing waiting for a response.

Well, I'm certainly glad someone can access Gmail cuz I certainly can't! I've tried 8 different ways and backwards, but nothing works, every time I get the same Problem Loading Page, connection timed out error message.

Frustrating this!

Bill

What is "ajax.googleapis.com"?? When I try to access this site or one of the topics within the site, my browser attempts to access ajax.googleapis.com and everything comes to a halt, a long wait until finally the topic comes up. Obviously this is part of Google, but this is the bottleneck that seems to slow everything down to a dead stop.