I Gotta Be OnThe Look Out Today

• Admin (Retired)
broden

gotta stay home today, not like i had any plans anyway and the car is in the shop sooo

getting my new monitor today. fed ex .. got some cables and an hdmi splitter the other day

some time soon computer parts will begin filtering in

so here goes nothing

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824236101

i know this has been posted before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_rosB6GI5I

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

trying out my new monitor on my old computer.

i don't know what you guys set yours at but i tried it at 1920 by 1080 and the text was just a little small to be comfortable. so to keep the same proper aspect ratio i went to

1440 by 900 and bang perfect.

i'm just glad it's one of those settings you don't have to restart to reset and i'll probably be playing around with it alot when i go back and forth from the tv to the pc

SkyMan
i tried it at 1920 by 1080 and the text was just a little small to be comfortable
Getting older sucks, don't it?

Nice looking monitor. Why the HDMI splitter?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Getting older sucks, don't it?

Nice looking monitor. Why the HDMI splitter?

i was born old

when i get the new computer put together that this monitor is really for i'm also gonna send the signal to my tv

Justin Kredible

Skyrim, here you come!

Be sure to get an xbox 360 receiver and controller.

(And let's not start a hellacious flame war on kb/mouse versus controller, boys - just trust me on this one.)

Lvl 31 fighter/mage - 21 confirmed dragon kills - just got married to a Imperial hottie and she set up a sari sari to make us gold pieces!

EDIT: Forgot to add, I have HUGE thumbs (I mean incredibly massive - freaky really), so the controller took a little getting used to.

Hows that, Athena?

:wub:

Edited by Ravenkill
  • Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Skyrim, here you come!

Be sure to get an xbox 360 receiver and controller.

(And let's not start a hellacious flame war on kb/mouse versus controller, boys - just trust me on this one.)

Lvl 31 fighter/mage - 21 confirmed dragon kills - just got married to a Imperial hottie and she set up a sari sari to make us gold pieces!

EDIT: Forgot to add, I have HUGE thumbs (I mean incredibly massive - freaky really), so the controller took a little getting used to.

Hows that, Athena?

:wub:

oh no you misunderstand.i like having the games but i don't play them

i have bots to do that for me

same as posting here on the forum

• Like 1
SkyMan
when i get the new computer put together that this monitor is really for i'm also gonna send the signal to my tv
I tried using my HD TV as a computer monitor when my old monitor crapped out but I didn't like it a lot. I think it's ok to use a monitor as a TV but not the other way around. Maybe just me.
Justin Kredible
i have bots to do that for me

"Bots" is offensive and you have been reported to the forum admin.

The correct term is robots.

You don't hear us using "caucs" in lieu of "caucasians," do you?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I tried using my HD TV as a computer monitor when my old monitor crapped out but I didn't like it a lot. I think it's ok to use a monitor as a TV but not the other way around. Maybe just me.

i have nothing to lose and when i chose my tv i chose one that had the same specs as a monitor that i would chose (response time refresh rates all that stuff) . just a lot bigger

i'll tinker with the computers screen resolutions settings and stuff but that's no biggie when going back and forth.. it'll be fun for gaming .. and the computer will have a bluray player too so we'll use it for that occasionally

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

"Bots" is offensive and you have been reported to the forum admin.

The correct term is robots.

You don't hear us using "caucs" in lieu of "caucasians," do you?

they better be happy they're employed. or i can just go drive by best buy and hire the guys standing outside

• Like 1
Justin Kredible

I went through the same thing then upgraded to a 1080p 120 MHz TV. Difference was night and day.

Now I need a 3D TV so I can battle 3D dragons.

(And to better admire my Imperial wife's bountiful assets....)

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I went through the same thing then upgraded to a 1080p 120 MHz TV. Difference was night and day.

Now I need a 3D TV so I can battle 3D dragons.

(And to better admire my Imperial wife's bountiful assets....)

you must go through a lot of screen cleaner

• Like 1