Are there any ATMs south of Carcar

johnboy999

You might be able to get cash out with a local shop or restaurant with your card but probably at some fee but might be ok for when there is no other option

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• johnboy999

• Happynaess

• digiteye

• enoonmai

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm opening a Philippines bank account very shortly (within the next 2 weeks) so that will take care of that problem. But in the meantime, it would be handy to know the answer to my original question

There is one in Argao, on Dr T.S. Kintanar but it is sometimes offline. I only used it once and the max withdrawal was 5,000p.

Perth.

So...when is your wife going to plug you in?

Oh yeah, I forgot about THAT ATM!

Breaking news!

Yesterday I spotted out an ATM in 360 Pharmacy in Moalboal. It is not yet operational, covered with plastic foil but it will work soon, according to the staff.

It will be BDO.

Jeepney

Breaking news!

Yesterday I spotted out an ATM in 360 Pharmacy in Moalboal. It is not yet operational, covered with plastic foil but it will work soon, according to the staff.

It will be BDO.

DONT BREAK IT!

captainpete

Breaking news!

It will be BDO.

can confirm was there last week

360? Really, I was in there a few days ago and didn't notice it. I'll look closer today. Meanwhile there is one in Badian town. The catch is you can not withdraw more than 5,000p and the fee is very high.

I bank with BPI and inquired about getting an ATM machine at my business, but was told BPI requires 40,000 hits per week to justify a machine. That did not seem realistic to me, but I talked to several people at BPI and got essentially the same story or a variation on the theme. I had a ATM machine in my business in the States and it was a cash cow, I was really interested in getting one here, but couldn't do it, guess I should have talked to BDO huh?

Bill

Edited by Bill H
PinoyTraveler

a few years ago, I noticed that pawnshops, money remittance shops (e.g., Lhuiller, Western Union) already displayed "Bancnet" logos. so I asked a friend what it means. She told me you can withdraw cash in those establishments using your ATM card (even if your local bank is a Megalink or Expressnet member) using a Bancnet gadget installed there. I hear its just like purchasing at SM supermarket, Robinsons or Gaisano where they have that thing similar to the POS of credit cards. You press your PIN and the clerk gives you your cash. Friend says, Bancnet charges you P10 for the transaction though some of these pawnshops add extra charge called "convenience fee" (duh!). So on emergencies, try glancing at the pawnshops. Haven't tried it, but will check this out soon just for the heck of it :beatdeadhorse:

btw, from Alcoy, though you need to cross tanon strait, Dumaguete (with virtually all bank ATMs avaialble) is just about as far as Carcar.

btw too, ATM has a new meaning = "Automatic Tubig Machine" - those are the coin-activated water dispensers you see everywhere purportedly invented/started in Cebu!

SkyMan
I bank with BPI and inquired about getting an ATM machine at my business, but was told BPI requires 40,000 hits per week to justify a machine. That did not seem realistic to me,
If you are open 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, you are talking 8 transactions a minute. Nope. Even open 24/7 that's 4 transactions a minute. Nope, ain't gonna happen.

Actually you could use a remit service like Orbitremit which I use to send money to one of the M Hullier outlets in the province. I have sent a girlfriend some money to her province M Hullier that way so I can't see why expats could also not do it. This was how I was withdrawing money from my OZ bank account in the Cebu city so I did not have to pay high ATM and outragous bank exchange rates plus huge fees everytime I wanted cash, I would make a remit the day or 2 before online, then pick it up at M hullier or BDO when it was ready, basically the current rate as well, just an $8 fee although you get a free one now and then.

Nangulo

There's a co-op that's prevalent in many of the provinces: FCCT. They sometimes have ATM's. I found one in Tuburan quite by accident (I know, wrong side of the island). It had a max of 5000 pesos per day withdrawal, was on all the major banking networks, and charged a 35peso convenience fee. So, when wandering around, if you see and FCCT co-op, check if there's an ATM inside. BTW, they run off of telephone lines, so they may or may not be operational at any given time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encash_Network_Service

Update: the Moalboal ATM would be Metrobank, I was wrong about BDO.

You have always the option to go south to Dumaguete. Nice to visit new shops.

cebubird

There are 2 ATM locations in Argao, but neither will accept international cards-only cards from Philippine banks.