Are there any ATMs south of Carcar

johnboy999

johnboy999

We are relocating to Alcoy next week and I was just wondering if anyone had seen any ATMs in the towns south of Carcar... ie Argao, Dalaguete, Oslob, etc ??? I haven't spotted any myself but I thought I would ask you guys who have been here longer than me.

I am already prepared to travel back up to Carcar but sometimes it would be handy not to travel so far every time

Cheers!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• johnboy999

• Happynaess

• digiteye

• enoonmai

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm opening a Philippines bank account very shortly (within the next 2 weeks) so that will take care of that problem. But in the meantime, it would be handy to know the answer to my original question

There is one in Argao, on Dr T.S. Kintanar but it is sometimes offline. I only used it once and the max withdrawal was 5,000p.

Perth.

We are relocating to Alcoy next week and I was just wondering if anyone had seen any ATMs in the towns south of Carcar... ie Argao, Dalaguete, Oslob, etc ??? I haven't spotted any myself but I thought I would ask you guys who have been here longer than me.

I am already prepared to travel back up to Carcar but sometimes it would be handy not to travel so far every time

Cheers!

I don't recall seeing any ATM's, but then I wasn't looking - however I do remember seeing some banks - so I would think they had ATM's as well.

Who do you bank with? Why not ask them if they have and where they are located, ATM's?

johnboy999

I don't recall seeing any ATM's, but then I wasn't looking - however I do remember seeing some banks - so I would think they had ATM's as well.

Who do you bank with? Why not ask them if they have and where they are located, ATM's?

I don't have a Philippines account yet - was planning to do that next month when I get my ACR-i card. I use my UK VISA debit card here ok in the ATM in Gaisano, Carcar and Chinabank, Carcar. I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled when I am driving through Argao/Dalaguete and be prepared to try any local bank ATMs we find if they have a VISA logo on them

smokey

I don't have a Philippines account yet - was planning to do that next month when I get my ACR-i card. I use my UK VISA debit card here ok in the ATM in Gaisano, Carcar and Chinabank, Carcar. I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled when I am driving through Argao/Dalaguete and be prepared to try any local bank ATMs we find if they have a VISA logo on them

well before you move that far out dont you think it would be a good thing to find out... if you get sick its a cash carry place ... it will take more then an atm if you have an accident or get sick and need a few hundred thousand peso fast...

johnboy999

well before you move that far out dont you think it would be a good thing to find out... if you get sick its a cash carry place ... it will take more then an atm if you have an accident or get sick and need a few hundred thousand peso fast...

I'm opening a Philippines bank account very shortly (within the next 2 weeks) so that will take care of that problem. But in the meantime, it would be handy to know the answer to my original question :D

• Like 2

None in Argao, which is a PITA having to travel 40 minutes just to withdraw money in Carcar. Surprising also given the amount of foreigners in the area.

they simply dont have the reliable connection that would allow the ATMs to operate. same in Moalboal, lot of foreigners, no ATM.

I suggest you to buy a safe, cement it in your wall and keep safety cash in it for any case.

johnboy999

Thanks for the replies - we already have a wall safe in the new house, but I was just planning to use it for important documents like my passport etc. I don't plan to leave large amounts of cash at home - it's much safer in the bank. I'll just have to use the ATM when we go to Carcar for food supplies, the kind of things not available in the local market in the town.

There is one in Argao, on Dr T.S. Kintanar but it is sometimes offline. I only used it once and the max withdrawal was 5,000p.

• Like 1
johnboy999

Thanks - it's good to know that there may be an option closer than Carcar if I just needed a few pesos

Yepper, skipper. Carcar is the place.

Allied Bank, ChinaBank, Land Bank (if it will take your card), and a Metrobank ATM at Gaisano.

The joke (?) here in Dalaguete is that we have an ATM..... but it's just not plugged in yet! My wife and I have been traveling up to Carcar to use the ATM there.

johnboy999

Well, I opened my BPI account today even though I don't have my ACR-i card yet - that will take care of Smokey's concerns... :lee_popcorn:

My passport and Philippines drivers licence were sufficient for them to open the account.

I'm not too worried if we have to travel to Carcar for the ATM - I was expecting to do that anyway and it certainly never was a consideration in moving "that far". The National Highway is a pretty good road to get from Alcoy back to Carcar despite the odd pothole - the roads south of Carcar are much much quieter than to the north of it.

It will be good news if they ever plug in the one in Dalaguete, Bud!

Thanks everyone for your input - it's good to be a member of this forum :rolleyes:

Headshot

The joke (?) here in Dalaguete is that we have an ATM..... but it's just not plugged in yet! My wife and I have been traveling up to Carcar to use the ATM there.

So...when is your wife going to plug you in?

A_Simple_Man
Are there any ATMs south of Carcar

Well Dumaguete is south of Carcar so Yes.

;)