Location of entrance of VA outpatient Clinic in Manila?

mpt1947

Yes, I am 60% service connected with pending claims. I plan on visiting Davao for 3 months at a time.

Since you will just be visiting, I would check with your Primary in the States and see if he/she can make arrangements for you when in the Philippines OR just ask your Primary in the States for a 3+ month Supply of Meds

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• afmayer

• RogerDat

• mpt1947

• ft_chief

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, they need some signs sticking out in the hallways so you can just look down and see if what you need is in that hallway. I was also annoyed they would say "You need to go see nickname" but of c

The VA Clinic in Manila follows the beat of a different drummer than the VAMC system in the states. I cannot stress strongly enough how wrong it would be for a veteran that relies upon the VAMC in th

If you will only be coming here in 3 month stints, bring all your meds with you and avoid dealing with the Manila VA clinic.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Since you will just be visiting, I would check with your Primary in the States and see if he/she can make arrangements for you when in the Philippines OR just ask your Primary in the States for a 3+ month Supply of Meds

not something i'm personally familiar with

but if you intend to carry bulk meds through customs be sure you get a signed note (script) from your doc to carry with you too

better safe than sorry

• Like 1
Headshot

not something i'm personally familiar with

but if you intend to carry bulk meds through customs be sure you get a signed note (script) from your doc to carry with you too

better safe than sorry

It's a good idea to carry signed prescriptions with you if you are going to carry ANY quantity of ANY prescription medications internationally. Otherwise you can really get yourself into a tight spot.

• Like 1
ft_chief

Not much to do with my experience... only fact as documented by other threads on LINC (search the history). I have no complaints about the treatment by the doctors, nurses, and other staff. They are polite and professional. My complaints center around the fact that treatment is very different than stateside VAMC's. First, only service connected conditions are treated (unlike stateside VAMC's). Second, the formulary is severely lacking. Any medicine not in their formulary (service-connected or not), you are on your own (also unlike stateside VAMC's). And lastly, the removal of the "walk-in" capability for those that live in or around Manila removes any possibility of receiving dynamic treatment as can be found in any stateside VAMC or clinic.

The Manila VA is supposed to provide veterans with the same services as stateside clinics within their capability and resources.

We also cannot just walk into a VA clinic here anymore without an appointment. Fortunately, HealtheVet website is fully operational

and we can communicate directly to my PCP, make appointments, and refill prescriptions easily.

mpt1947

The Manila VA is supposed to provide veterans with the same services as stateside clinics within their capability and resources.

We also cannot just walk into a VA clinic here anymore without an appointment. Fortunately, HealtheVet website is fully operational

and we can communicate directly to my PCP, make appointments, and refill prescriptions easily.

Not sure where you are getting your information - The following email was received from the Disabled American Veterans

Subject: Fw: NSC treatment at OPC Manila

Date: March 6, 2012 11:26:38 AM GMT+08:00

To: R. P. DAV CH. 3 ANGELES CITY <[email protected]>

Reply-To: Dav Chapter Three <[email protected]>

Note: NSC = Non-service connected

We have stopped providing appointments for all NSC conditions. However, medications will still be provided for both SC and NSC. Your Primary Care doctor will continue to prescribe these for you.

The volume of NSC referrals had resulted to delay in getting service connected schedules and compensation and pensions exams. Please understand that we need to prioritize scheduling our veteran’s SC conditions and completing compensation and pension exams as our primary mandate. In order to do this, we had to stop providing appointments for NSC conditions. We hope you understand why need to implement these restrictions.

Amiel T. Mejia

Patient Advocate

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Out Patient Clinic

Manila, Philippines

Edited by mpt1947
ft_chief

Not sure where you are getting your information - The following email was received from the Disabled American Veterans

Subject: Fw: NSC treatment at OPC Manila

Date: March 6, 2012 11:26:38 AM GMT+08:00

To: R. P. DAV CH. 3 ANGELES CITY <[email protected]>

Reply-To: Dav Chapter Three <[email protected]>

Note: NSC = Non-service connected

We have stopped providing appointments for all NSC conditions. However, medications will still be provided for both SC and NSC. Your Primary Care doctor will continue to prescribe these for you.

The volume of NSC referrals had resulted to delay in getting service connected schedules and compensation and pensions exams. Please understand that we need to prioritize scheduling our veteran’s SC conditions and completing compensation and pension exams as our primary mandate. In order to do this, we had to stop providing appointments for NSC conditions. We hope you understand why need to implement these restrictions.

Amiel T. Mejia

Patient Advocate

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Out Patient Clinic

Manila, Philippines

Like I said previously, "within their capability and resources" based on staff and budget. Obviously, Service connected veterans are going

going to be a higher priority than "NSC". If you have a service connected appointment, they will treat your "NSC" issues within the

scope of their clinic capabilities and supplies. From the email, looks like they are having to prioritize based on the volume of appointments

and their lack of doctors.