Location of entrance of VA outpatient Clinic in Manila?

afmayer

Wow!!! Did not know things were that bad at the Manila VA clinic. I would be calling the VA hotline and submitting a formal complaint.

The VA Clinic in Manila follows the beat of a different drummer than the VAMC system in the states. I cannot stress strongly enough how wrong it would be for a veteran that relies upon the VAMC in the states to come here thinking they will get the same treatment.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• afmayer

• mpt1947

• ft_chief

• RogerDat

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, they need some signs sticking out in the hallways so you can just look down and see if what you need is in that hallway. I was also annoyed they would say "You need to go see nickname" but of c

The VA Clinic in Manila follows the beat of a different drummer than the VAMC system in the states. I cannot stress strongly enough how wrong it would be for a veteran that relies upon the VAMC in th

If you will only be coming here in 3 month stints, bring all your meds with you and avoid dealing with the Manila VA clinic.

Reynaldo

The VA in Manila no longer accepts walk-ins.

You must have an appointment letter or you will not be allowed in the building.

This is obviously a recent change to their policy.

I was there last month for an appointment and there were some very pissed off vets outside.

Bill H

I was there last month for an appointment and there were some very pissed off vets outside.

it's too far for me to go to try a walk-in deal. I'm 100% SC, but I can't get full treatment like I do in the states and can only get a small subset of meds. I guess they feel we should be grateful for anything we can get, and in a sense, I am.

Bill

afmayer

it's too far for me to go to try a walk-in deal. I'm 100% SC, but I can't get full treatment like I do in the states and can only get a small subset of meds. I guess they feel we should be grateful for anything we can get, and in a sense, I am.

Bill

Yeah ... their formulary is a joke. Dealing with the Manila clinic is OK if you have no serious conditions. IMO, a veteran with any serious condition(s) should consider coming here (in the first place), or going back to the states to get better treatment at a stateside VAMC if already here.

ft_chief

Do any of you vets get your diabetes meds and medical supplies from the Manila VA? If so, what can I expect them to have in their pharmacy? From the Northwest VA clinic here in North Las Vegas I am currently prescribed Metformin XR, Insulin, Accu-chek test strips, softclix lancets, and BD insulin syringes.

afmayer

Do any of you vets get your diabetes meds and medical supplies from the Manila VA? If so, what can I expect them to have in their pharmacy? From the Northwest VA clinic here in North Las Vegas I am currently prescribed Metformin XR, Insulin, Accu-chek test strips, softclix lancets, and BD insulin syringes.

Is your condition service-connected? That will change things quite a bit. I have a copy of their formulary and see "Metformin" on it, but not sure if it is the same one you need. Let me know if you want a copy of formulary and I will e-mail. If you are still in the states, I recommend checking on what the Manila clinic will do for you before you come here.

ft_chief

Is your condition service-connected? That will change things quite a bit. I have a copy of their formulary and see "Metformin" on it, but not sure if it is the same one you need. Let me know if you want a copy of formulary and I will e-mail. If you are still in the states, I recommend checking on what the Manila clinic will do for you before you come here.

Yes, I am 60% service connected with pending claims. I plan on visiting Davao for 3 months at a time.

RogerDat

Greetings! The VA in Manila pharmacy is OK. They will supply your needs if they have it for service, or non service connected.

They give me syrenges, insulin, and pills, but will not "treat" it because it is not "service connected", so no referals to a specelist will be paid for. I must pay the P300-500 doctors fee if I see a specilist here. Their treatment of me for the last 7 years has been excellent, it is just the new facilities I have a problem with, and the attitude of (SOME, NOT ALL) administrative personnel.

The new facility is a pain in the ass compaired to the old. The layout is controlled by the threat of bombing. it is a BRS I belive it is called, so it is made to protect you, not be easy to access.

Use my healthy vet to find info if you are in the states, register befor you come here, and see what is available.

afmayer

Yes, I am 60% service connected with pending claims. I plan on visiting Davao for 3 months at a time.

If you will only be coming here in 3 month stints, bring all your meds with you and avoid dealing with the Manila VA clinic.

• Like 1
JSL-USMC

I believe that most of the retired military are making more money than most of the people that work at the VA Manila and OPC. Think they're not jealous?

I spoke to the head guy at VA a few years ago and he assured me that I cold see my VA records anytime. I went there and spent half a day trying to get them and then they wouldn't let my wife in the same room. It seems that people with a position like to LORD it over others.There was absolutely no reason for the way I was treated as I was the only costumer there. I must say, however, the last time I was at the OPC it went along very well....no hassels.

afmayer

I believe that most of the retired military are making more money than most of the people that work at the VA Manila and OPC. Think they're not jealous?

I spoke to the head guy at VA a few years ago and he assured me that I cold see my VA records anytime. I went there and spent half a day trying to get them and then they wouldn't let my wife in the same room. It seems that people with a position like to LORD it over others.There was absolutely no reason for the way I was treated as I was the only costumer there. I must say, however, the last time I was at the OPC it went along very well....no hassels.

The VA Clinic in Manila has different rules than stateside VAMC's. I guess the lesser funding they receive must hamstring them to some degree. I know Filipino's that served in the US Military are treated differently than US citizen veterans. Maybe that carries over to the minimal treatment the clinic offers. I for one will be glad to get back to the states so I can be pampered by the wonderful VAMC's back there. LOL ...

Bill H

The VA Clinic in Manila has different rules than stateside VAMC's. I guess the lesser funding they receive must hamstring them to some degree. I know Filipino's that served in the US Military are treated differently than US citizen veterans. Maybe that carries over to the minimal treatment the clinic offers. I for one will be glad to get back to the states so I can be pampered by the wonderful VAMC's back there. LOL ...

So different, our VA experiences!

Bill

afmayer

So different, our VA experiences!

Bill

Not much to do with my experience... only fact as documented by other threads on LINC (search the history). I have no complaints about the treatment by the doctors, nurses, and other staff. They are polite and professional. My complaints center around the fact that treatment is very different than stateside VAMC's. First, only service connected conditions are treated (unlike stateside VAMC's). Second, the formulary is severely lacking. Any medicine not in their formulary (service-connected or not), you are on your own (also unlike stateside VAMC's). And lastly, the removal of the "walk-in" capability for those that live in or around Manila removes any possibility of receiving dynamic treatment as can be found in any stateside VAMC or clinic.

SkyMan

Actually I seem to recall hearing about that a couple years ago. Maybe not but I assumed that would be the way it was.
  • Like 1
mpt1947

Bill

I get all my meds, even the non SC ones