6.8 Magnitude Earthquake under Tanon Strait

newtocebu

We were sitting in Vicente Roco's office near Lapu-Lapu City Hall getting some documents signed and felt the full brunt of it ( you would know what I mean if you have been in his office before )

• Like 1
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UZI

• SkyMan

• David_LivinginTalisay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am very sensitive to the situation as I had to guide family and employees through it as well. I was a bit scared myself sitting on the 7th floor of a 14 story building. But by nature I am pragmatic

Here in Argao, it was closer to a minute-felt like being on a big fishing boat with big swells in the ocean. Then we had second much quicker/smaller. My dog was trembling all over. Maid clutching kitc

First time you've hugged your wife in 19 months? Geez man, do it more often. : )

Posted Images

RandyOdom

Here in Mambaling it was about a two minute tremor - at first I thought it was one of the big trucks that had been driving buy this morning but it kept getting closer without seeing a truck - I ran for the doorway - but I am on the second floor - waited until the house stopped shaking and went down to hug my wife.

First time since I have been here 19 months -

Life is Good

Feels like another one - kind of small - but still shaking a little

First time you've hugged your wife in 19 months? Geez man, do it more often. : )

• Like 4

Here in naga I was waiting at the school for my son who is in nursery 1 as I felt it I ran across the playground to get him as his school is 3 storey & he is ground floor. I ran in the room just as the teacher & assistant was getting up to bring the kids out. My 1st quake & it scared the hell outta me

Yeah hit the house here in Naga pretty hard...all the neighbours out on street

greatplace

If you are planning on going to any gov't offices in dgte this afternoon forget it as all offices have been closed and are schools for the rest of the day

SkyMan

Coords I got put it 41Km SSW of Teledo, on Cebu 6.9, 40Km depth. I know Colon was rockin. MIL said everyone in Colonade Mall was panicking.

Tiger, you sure it wasn't some wild sex you were having at the time?

• Like 1
For Real

Maribago shook for at least 30 seconds, and then a 15 second aftershock - from the comments here & my experience with tremors i say we didn't get the full brunt

This is where the guys in their Condos high above the noise & pollution find out whether they bought a good one or not.

• Like 1

Wow! I have never heard of an earthquake with that magnitude in Negros. A very strong one indeed!

SkyMan

I doubt there will be a tsunami from this but I also doubt I would hang around low lying areas now. I'm just sayin'

I wasn't home but the caretaker said our coco and bamaboo has was moving a bit in the north south direction. Steel roof creaked a bit.

Edited by SkyMan