6.8 Magnitude Earthquake under Tanon Strait

questsea73

One of the unmentioned reasons for renting in P.I., rather than building your own collapsible tepee.

Ken

• Like 3
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UZI

• SkyMan

• musicman666

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am very sensitive to the situation as I had to guide family and employees through it as well. I was a bit scared myself sitting on the 7th floor of a 14 story building. But by nature I am pragmatic

Here in Argao, it was closer to a minute-felt like being on a big fishing boat with big swells in the ocean. Then we had second much quicker/smaller. My dog was trembling all over. Maid clutching kitc

First time you've hugged your wife in 19 months? Geez man, do it more often. : )

Posted Images

musicman666

I bet that has put a few cracks in quite a few poorly made buildings.....

Here in Naga too. An aftershock just hit as well. A few of my wifes ornaments fell over & broke but no damage to the house. Old lady neighbor said NEVER had one like that in her memory.

shadow

Not surprisedyou felt it Larry - more so than us here in Cebu no doubt - look just where the Epienter was 71 Km off Bacold:-

Still feeling very slight vibes from after shocks!

6.8-magnitude earthquake hits Negros, Cebu

An earthquake with a measurement of magnitude 6.8 jolted Negros-Cebu Region, Philippines, on Monday, February 6, 2012, the US Geological Survey (USGS) reported.

The quake, which has a depth of 33km, struck the area at 11:49 am. Its epicenter was recorded off 71 km (44 miles) SSE (161°) of Bacolod, Negros, Philippines.

The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) has yet to release a bulletin on the said earthquake.

Well, that is interesting, cause this site puts it at 44 miles north of Dumaguete. Dumaguete and Bacolod are 200 km apart. Maybe they don't know where it was yet!

http://earthquake.us.../usb0007wgq.php

Larry in Dumaguete

Edited by shadow

Alls calm and quiet here in Davao. Be safe up there boys.

• Like 1

Magnitude 6.8 - NEGROS - CEBU REGION, PHILIPPINES

2012 February 06 03:49:16 UTC

cebubird

Here in Argao, it was closer to a minute-felt like being on a big fishing boat with big swells in the ocean. Then we had second much quicker/smaller. My dog was trembling all over. Maid clutching kitchen counter and over/over just saying "Oh my Lord"" most english I ever heard from her.

• Like 4

David here in Mandaue we had one long tremor that lasted 30 secs I'd quess realy shook the house badly.

No after shocks as yet!

Mike

This is the latest that was posted but I think its similar to what you guys already posted above:

MANILA, Philippines — Magnitude 6.8 hit the provinces of Negros and Cebu in the Visayas region Monday, the US Geological Survey said Monday.

The quake struck at 11:49 a.m., the USGS report said.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/140493/magnitude-6-8-quake-hits-parts-of-visayas-usgs

They just issued a Level 2 Tsunami Alert for you guys. They evacuated the Cebu Captital Building as of now. For how long I do not know.

scoobie007

That was Scarey......! ist big one really felt like the place was going to tumble here in Lahug,few windows dropped out of Hotel where i'm staying but thats it.

well i told every one to get out of the house and stand next to the van , 7 houses in this compound and we where the only ones who did that, the house must be well built as no new cracks .

any photos of damage ?