starting new restaurant: where to buy resto supplies?

Brucewayne

Still searching for a name for

If you are looking for patty style breakfast sausages, I sell 5 different varieties and you can specify whether you like them hot, medium or mild.

Well its not in the resto - bar category and is definitely catering to the local market and will be serving good quality homecooking cebu style.. (Tinola, sinigang, grilled fish, grilled bbq, veggies , calderetta etc ) in a clean environment wth friendly service at local prices. She wants to do Breakfast...so i am thinking What is a pinoy breakfast. Guess she could do Champarado, scrambled eggs, sausage ... and iLike my Coffee to Go Brewed or 3n1 junk for the locals.

She hasn't even named the place.. I kinda like "MY Aswa's place" Thanks.

thebob

If you are Sam, you could call the place "Green eggs and ham".

How about the "Lapu Lapu Slap Up"?

spritsail

There is a korean store next to the old Kooko Nest, Gorodo Avenue, opp Peak Hotel, that sell second hand resto equipment - deep fat fryers, fridges etc. I bought a load of korean table top cookers for 500 each. As KennyF says White Gold has good oriental cookware - at very cheap prices

tylerthedude

BTW...I like your idea on coffee-to-go. Unfortunately, a lot of Filipinos have a hard time "thinking outside of the box" as it were.

THIS! Hence, the massive numbers of inasal chicken joints. I swear, what's up with the herd thinking? Each pinoy is an individual but when it comes to business, it is hard to find an iconoclast who has it together. What gives?

Davaoeno
what's up with the herd thinking?

basically i believe that filipinos are brought up believing that they should not take risks. That its best to go with the tried and true. Of course when 5 guys on the same block all start up the same business usually all of them starve

tylerthedude

basically i believe that filipinos are brought up believing that they should not take risks. That its best to go with the tried and true. Of course when 5 guys on the same block all start up the same business usually all of them starve

Explains the recent spate of internet cafes running chat programs to snare guys in the US and other countries to "video chat" - turns out they get dumped by "female profiles" to dating sites for a quick commission to the the scammers.

Ditto for fake craigslist postings.

I'm not saying Pinoys are the only ones doing this but the herd mentality and Engrish are awesome!