starting new restaurant: where to buy resto supplies?

D Aswa is starting a restaurant. Just a smaller scale.. cater to locals type place. But she wants it to be CLEAN and TASTY to western standards. She is now completing the renovation and could use some ideas on how to make it more profitable and also tips on where to buy supplies. Currently she needs to get dishes, pots n pans, Spices etc.. She could also use a good stand up Ref/FREEZER - Anyone selling any of their resto supplies and equipment.

The place will be in Pajac Mactan.. along the cross island road... not sure of what its called but its not far from Diones and also near the The American Diner place. Just down from the big GUITAR in the middle of the road.

she wants to offer a breakfast , lunch, Dinner and late night BBQ.

I suggested she post a Brewed Coffee to go for the morning commuters on the stretch of the road.. but her PI partners looked at me like I had horns on my head (her expression)

any and all suggestions welcome. As much as I would love for it to be a Burgers n Beer kinda place, thats not gonna happen as its geared for the Pinoy market with lower budgets.

Edited by samatm
endless summer

talk to wombat phil and guenther on this site they are very helpfull

• Like 1
newtocebu

Great !! Another resto-bar to add to the 'Bermuda Triangle' in Pajac ( TCs, Dionnes, soon to open Wombats Womb Cafe and your Asawa's place )

Headshot

I suggested she post a Brewed Coffee to go for the morning commuters on the stretch of the road.. but her PI partners looked at me like I had horns on my head (her expression)

any and all suggestions welcome. As much as I would love for it to be a Burgers n Beer kinda place, thats not gonna happen as its geared for the Pinoy market with lower budgets.

Your suggestion was met with complete disdain. Why in the world would you think that any suggestions coming from these forums would be met with any more interest. If she (and her partners?) don't want to even listen to somebody that she presumably loves, why would she and the others listen to complete strangers. I hope you aren't sinking too much mony into this business...because if those who are going to be running it think they already know everything they need to...then there is a high probability that it will fail. And...BTW...an establishment that is geared toward low-end Pinoy tastes is NEVER going to attract Kanos (with the possible exception of Whippy), so don't even worry about that market. It just isn't going to happen. The two markets are just too far apart on requirements.

BTW...I like your idea on coffee-to-go. Unfortunately, a lot of Filipinos have a hard time "thinking outside of the box" as it were.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3
endless summer

just aim for a nice clean place you are not always going to have americano customers so yes pilipino customers are your target.If you want kanos to go there just make sure its clean good cr good choice of food and not to many drunk pilipinos

White Gold over by SM cebu City has a heap of pro resto gear.

I think you'll find most of the stuff she needs there.

Best of luck with your resto guys.

KinPP

• Like 1

White Gold over by SM cebu City has a heap of pro resto gear.

I think you'll find most of the stuff she needs there.

Best of luck with your resto guys.

KinPP

Still searching for a name for

Great !! Another resto-bar to add to the 'Bermuda Triangle' in Pajac ( TCs, Dionnes, soon to open Wombats Womb Cafe and your Asawa's place )

Well its not in the resto - bar category and is definitely catering to the local market and will be serving good quality homecooking cebu style.. (Tinola, sinigang, grilled fish, grilled bbq, veggies , calderetta etc ) in a clean environment wth friendly service at local prices. She wants to do Breakfast...so i am thinking What is a pinoy breakfast. Guess she could do Champarado, scrambled eggs, sausage ... and iLike my Coffee to Go Brewed or 3n1 junk for the locals.

She hasn't even named the place.. I kinda like "MY Aswa's place" Thanks.

Wombat No More

D Aswa is starting a restaurant. Just a smaller scale.. cater to locals type place. But she wants it to be CLEAN and TASTY to western standards. She is now completing the renovation and could use some ideas on how to make it more profitable and also tips on where to buy supplies. Currently she needs to get dishes, pots n pans, Spices etc.. She could also use a good stand up Ref/FREEZER - Anyone selling any of their resto supplies and equipment.

The place will be in Pajac Mactan.. along the cross island road... not sure of what its called but its not far from Diones and also near the The American Diner place. Just down from the big GUITAR in the middle of the road.

she wants to offer a breakfast , lunch, Dinner and late night BBQ.

Well, Wombat's is about 1 kilometre from Dionnes and the 'Big Guitar" statue which are both on Pajac Rd. I have no idea where an "American Diner Place" is and therefore, no idea where you are talking about as to the location of "My Asawa's Place", unless you are in that little group of new shops that opened up recently a couple of hundred metres down from Dionnes??? I can't really help you too much on where to get coz I have bought all my supplies over the last nearly 5 years at any place that had good priced stuff and hard to get items. But I got my last 2 biggish size refs from Asian Home and they have always taken a bit off when I ask for best price, even from stuff on sale already...

Good to there is good company in this part the world. Looking forward to Wombats opening. I like Dionnes Fries and cheesburger but havn't been to TC's yet. Looks like they are putting in a new drive to their place now.

Edited by samatm

Well, Wombat's is about 1 kilometre from Dionnes and the 'Big Guitar" statue which are both on Pajac Rd. I have no idea where an "American Diner Place" is and therefore, no idea where you are talking about as to the location of "My Asawa's Place", unless you are in that little group of new shops that opened up recently a couple of hundred metres down from Dionnes??? I can't really help you too much on where to get coz I have bought all my supplies over the last nearly 5 years at any place that had good priced stuff and hard to get items. But I got my last 2 biggish size refs from Asian Home and they have always taken a bit off when I ask for best price, even from stuff on sale already...

We are on the other road not Pajac road. IF you are heading toward the Airport on Pajac turn left t at the guitar and just up a block in small strip mall on the right. Its very local local looking ..nothing fancy sort of place. Formerly was called Dewayane's Foodhaus. This was a very impromptu decision by D Aswa's .. her impulsive nature kicked right on in... but she has some good help already lined up. I'll have to stop by your place soon .. what side of the road are you on.

Still searching for a name for

If i understand your member name correctly, then i would like to suggest " Sam's Money Pit "

Wombat No More

what side of the road are you on.

You can't miss it, and, if you do, then your either high on somethin or got vision problems mate :rolleyes: Someone visited the other day and caught a taxi from Cebu. The driver says "Yes Sir, I know where Wombat's Womb Cafe' is". Go figure, we're not open yet...

If i understand your member name correctly, then i would like to suggest " Sam's Money Pit "

Back to reality... but still a little tongue in cheek, how about "Sammy's Sizzling Superliscious"

Pinoys dont want that kind of food. Its basically a pongko pongko which are many and all going down. Watch which establishments doing well and cook what they cook.

In Moalboal pongkos lost big time over other stuff.

For a fee I can go there and do consultation. My place doing very well from the 1st day onwards, I just did not make a big noise about it in the forums.

endless summer

Good luck and i dont recomend cook what the others are cooking u have to create your own dish for your resto just do your thing and for the other person said sam money pit well you need a dish washer dont you you could use him for that

Edited by endless summer