Don't Buy TV From Robinson's

RandyOdom

Almost a year ago, the wife and I bought a "floor model" on sale at Robinson's department store. The speakers didn't work when you tried to use the dvd, but since we had another tv, I didn't really worry about it. Since we moved to Mandaue, the picture on the TV quit working. I had a service tech out today and the first thing he notices is that 3 screws are missing that connect the case to the TV. Since we had never had it worked on before, that struck me as odd. As soon as he opened it up, he said this was not a new TV as it had been worked on many times. How can they sell a used TV as new? Well, we'll soon find out as the LG service tech will be here Monday and if it's not new, then my warranty is for shit. I'll update you all after Monday.

By 'Floor Model' do you mean a display model? If so, then I would class that as a used set & expect to pay less & with a reduced warranty but 12 months sounds right. The back being removed is no surprise if used to demo DVD & karaoke as is normal here.

jtmwatchbiz

yes we also got fecked by robinsons this past august on a brand new sharp flat screen tv we bought for our 4yr old's play room. the thing totally quit a month ago and they don't want to know anything about it. sharp itself is useless as they say it is a common problem and they ran out of parts to fix it!!!

never ever buy any big ticket items from robinsons, and certainly NEVER buy anything made by sharp!

smokey

yes we also got fecked by robinsons this past august on a brand new sharp flat screen tv we bought for our 4yr old's play room. the thing totally quit a month ago and they don't want to know anything about it. sharp itself is useless as they say it is a common problem and they ran out of parts to fix it!!!

never ever buy any big ticket items from robinsons, and certainly NEVER buy anything made by sharp!

maybe your 4 year old was watching ((( suzie ohman ))) investment women to the stars

Almost a year ago, the wife and I bought a "floor model" on sale at Robinson's department store. The speakers didn't work when you tried to use the dvd, but since we had another tv, I didn't really worry about it. Since we moved to Mandaue, the picture on the TV quit working. I had a service tech out today and the first thing he notices is that 3 screws are missing that connect the case to the TV. Since we had never had it worked on before, that struck me as odd. As soon as he opened it up, he said this was not a new TV as it had been worked on many times. How can they sell a used TV as new? Well, we'll soon find out as the LG service tech will be here Monday and if it's not new, then my warranty is for shit. I'll update you all after Monday.

Well ........was your attack on Robinson's justified? Or should this thread be deleted as misleading members into thinking that Robinsons as a company are con men & no one should buy a TV from them, as your choice of subject implies?

:ROFLMAO:

RandyOdom

Well ........was your attack on Robinson's justified? Or should this thread be deleted as misleading members into thinking that Robinsons as a company are con men & no one should buy a TV from them, as your choice of subject implies?

:)

LG picked up my TV Monday and told me 3 days. I still don't have it back but it looks like it will be covered under warranty. I'll let you know if otherwise.

I have a Panasonic LCD /DVD recorder system in UK.

I bought the same set-up for our home in PI and the price was 50% more in Tacloban than I paid in UK.

The remote stopped working after 3 weeks use and the response of the PI seller was "Oh the remote is not covered by the warranty" to my wife quickly changed to giving me a new remote from another set when she called me in.?

Just an aside but a new Toshiba 32in. 32BV501B 32inch HDTV is available on-line here for £199.99 = PHP 13,200 and it workes perfectly in PI.

TV's are a Balikbayan Box special for the Pinoy exPat community here in my home town to ship to PI..

EAGLE

Edited by EAGLE
TheMatrix

That surprised me about Robinson's. I figured they were a stand up company. Their mall in Manila is certainly on the nicer end. As far as televisions, LG is at the bottom of my list: I bought a 50-inch flat screen from them years ago from BestBuy and it broke within the year. Was fixed by warranty, but broke again. I paid several hundred dollars to fix. Then broke again 6 months later. From now on, I buy only Sony, Panasonic or Mitsubishi televisions. Never had any problems with those.

RandyOdom

Had a 60 inch Mitsubishi in the states and I loved it. No problems at all.