14 Year Old Filipina Singer Gains International Girl

After her rendition of Jennifer Hudson's "And Im Telling You" in a Korean variety show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZccz5cy3ks...feature=related

14 year old Charice Pempengco has gained international exposure, by appearing in Hollywood E, and invited to guest in the Ellen Degeneres show....already releasing a digital soundtrack in Sweden

I forsee big things for her

Edited by Admin
Embedded the video into post. - Admin
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Javen

• TMIB

• Bet_Busta

• liquido

Hard to believe that voice came out of that little girl.

About the best I ever heared from one of these TV singing contests.. Leona Lewis.

I think Whitney Houstons people have signed her up.

15 yrs old when she sang this.

Ahh.. Just one more!

liquido

For a country were everyone sings can you name a singer from RP that really is internationally known?..I cant.. Mind you,I dont sit on that panel that judges talent on TV..I dont think she will make it to international status like a Beyonce,Celine Dion.....etcJust my opinion..

Nah she sings better then Leona...watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRuXzTG6IJI

[email protected]

For a country were everyone sings can you name a singer from RP that really is internationally known?..I cant.. Mind you,I dont sit on that panel that judges talent on TV..I dont think she will make it to international status like a Beyonce,Celine Dion.....etcJust my opinion..

The next step should'nt be too difficult for her, taking the big leap up to fame and fortune in the USA.

Wait till your of legal age then flash your t1ts at the press and when exiting from your limo forget to wear your knickers. And of course have 2 or 3 children by different fathers. The late night parties and drug taking will ensure celebrity status, who needs real talent. Look at Paris Hilton.

Charice already has more talent and a better singing voice than most of them

The world does not need another Celine Dion or Beyonce

Edited by TMIB
For a country were everyone sings can you name a singer from RP that really is internationally known?..I cant..

I guess Leah Salonga would qualify, Laurence Oliver and Tony awardee. She's the voice of the princess in

the animated movie Alladin.

The next step should'nt be too difficult for her, taking the big leap up to fame and fortune in the USA.

Wait till your of legal age then flash your t1ts at the press and when exiting from your limo forget to wear your knickers. And of course have 2 or 3 children by different fathers. The late night parties and drug taking will ensure celebrity status, who needs real talent. Look at Paris Hilton.

Charice already has more talent and a better singing voice than most of them

The world does not need another Celine Dion or Beyonce

I'm a bit confused by this post. But I get that way sometimes.

The first two points (bolded) are just not relavent in my opinion.

I agree that Charice has alot of potential.

But what could you possibly have against Beyonce or Celine? They are two of the biggest selling artists ever and they do not have bad reputations or negative history. Why would Charice not want to emulate them?

I'm a bit confused by this post. But I get that way sometimes.

The first two points (bolded) are just not relavent in my opinion.

I agree that Charice has alot of potential.

But what could you possibly have against Beyonce or Celine? They are two of the biggest selling artists ever and they do not have bad reputations or negative history. Why would Charice not want to emulate them?

Perhaps I should have elaborated a bit more

My first two points were aimed at the general state of the pop industry these days, (not aimed at Beyonce and CD)

The ease at which people with little talent can make albums and make a fortune sums up the indusrty in my opinion. Will anyone in 5 years time still be buying Brittany's albums, I doubt it. Legends and great musicians live on. 40 years after they started look at the likes of Hendrix, Zeppelin and Purple. Their music did the talking for them.

Beyonce and Celine perhaps are not in the Ms Speers category but I for one cannot thing of one song that Beyonce has sang and if it were not for Titanic, I doubt Celine would be as big as she is, but she does have talent and is v/good singer. That's just my opinion of course. Will Beyonce be big in 10yrs time, in my opinion no, jut my opinion

Give me Janis, Aretha or Maggie any time

Edited by TMIB
World Traveller

Fantastic voice from such a young lady, she has the talent to become an International Superstar!!!!

liquido

To me all the names you mentioned (perfect examples) are people that are internationally known and have made it in the industry.This young girl may be good but I just do not think she will make it like the ones you mentioned.I know she is still young yet and has a ways to go and that its just my opinion.Is it because the RP is known for being imitators and not innovators??? I guess its safe to say the names that Bet Busta mentioned are not internationally known either?..You would also think with the english language being the second language here would have increased there chances of making it worldwide...

My first two points were aimed at the general state of the pop industry these days, (not aimed at Beyonce and CD)

The ease at which people with little talent can make albums and make a fortune sums up the indusrty in my opinion. Will anyone in 5 years time still be buying Brittany's albums, I doubt it. Legends and great musicians live on. 40 years after they started look at the likes of Hendrix, Zeppelin and Purple. Their music did the talking for them.

Beyonce and Celine perhaps are not in the Ms Speers category but I for one cannot thing of one song that Beyonce has sang and if it were not for Titanic, I doubt Celine would be as big as she is, but she does have talent and is v/good singer. That's just my opinion of course. Will Beyonce be big in 10yrs time, in my opinion no, jut my opinion

Yes the pop/rock/rap industry is out of control. One only has to peruse the offerings of people like Eminem and a boat load of others like him.

Brittany is a classic example of what fame and fortune can do to you at a young age. Let's hope better things for young Charice.

Now when you go back to what you and I call the classics and legends, you are coming at the issue from a very personal angle. We grew up with them and hold them up as gods. But if you go back a generation, our mothers and fathers hated that rock and roll crap. So we can't get stuck in a generational debate in my opinion. This is exactly why you and I can't name any Beyonce tunes. We are from a different generation.

BTW - you left out a few of the great ones from that era that endure time. Elton John, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, The Who to name just a few. Notice they are all from across the pond, where many of the rock legends hail from.

Deep Purple? Even though I dig their tunes and Smoke on the Water is my 7 year old son's favotite song, I do not hold them in the same regard as Zeppelin.

Back when Janice, Aretha and many others of that era started, they were breaking new ground and setting trends. Now days there are literally thousands of wanna be's for every one of them from back then. There is not much new ground to break. So becoming an icon will become a thing of the past in lieu of many new faces coming at us with changes frequently.

No matter what, Charice has her work cut out for her if she is to survive that industry.

Edited by Bob Ward
BTW - you left out a few of the great ones from that era that endure time. Elton John, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, The Who to name just a few. Notice they are all from across the pond, where many of the rock legends hail from.

The list is pretty endless. We've had more than a few great ones here as well, The Allman brothers, Johnny Winter all the blues greats, I still like Aerosmith and one of the best imo and not very well known was a band called Trouble, you could say our own version of Sabbath only better, again IMO

Deep Purple? Even though I dig their tunes and Smoke on the Water is my 7 year old son's favotite song, I do not hold them in the same regard as Zeppelin.

Having seen them both live in their prime, (giving away my age) Purple blew the socks of Zeppelin Just my opinion. Gillan was far more powerful than Plant and Lords keyboards were a big difference

No matter what, Charice has her work cut out for her if she is to survive that industry.

Edited by TMIB