Israel is serious....!

Mr. Mike

udonthani
I have yet to see any valid refutations.

try this

Debunking the Newest – and Oldest – Jewish Conspiracy:

A Reply to the Mearsheimer-Walt “Working Paper”

Alan Dershowitz

Harvard Law School

April 2006

http://www.comw.org/warreport/fulltext/0604dershowitz.pdf

and this

De-Mystifying American Middle East Policy: A Response to Steven Walt and John Mearsheimer

September 26, 2007 by Mitchell Plitnick

http://mitchellplitnick.com/2007/09/26/de-mystifying-american-middle-east-policy-a-response-to-steven-walt-and-john-mearsheimer/

and of course the book made its authors a fortune and sold more than probably more than all the other books they've written - the two of them - put together :

‘The Israel Lobby’ Goes International

http://www.forward.com/articles/11754/

The book will be translated into Arabic by All-Prints, a Beirut-based publisher that also translates books from the likes of the late anti-Zionist Israel Shahak, soccer star David Beckham and Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf. Readers in Indonesia, where some 220 million Muslims live, will be able to buy it from Pustaka Utama a mainstream publisher.

Osama Bin Laden's disclosure that he had read the book, endorsed it, and recommended that people read it, probably did sales and the bank balances of the authors no harm,

• Like 2
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InternetTough

• Mr. Mike

• Bill H

• udonthani

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the United States didn't really begin to give Israel real aid, or sell them arms on any large scale before 1967. Before then the US was a fairly lukewarm ally to Israel and not really seen by the Isra

Yes I do have some thoughts.   It is a very alarming situation.   Israel has the cojones to go it alone if necessary, and will do if they believe their vital interests are at stake.   For reason

Russia will not do anything but "talk"!,,,,,,,,,,,,,, leftover BS from the soviet/cold war years! PUTIN and his ilk are under siege as we speak! The Russian people are far from stupid. They love new

Jack_be_nimble

iran only ever comes to the table to buy time

I agree.

JackJohnson

try this

Debunking the Newest – and Oldest – Jewish Conspiracy:

A Reply to the Mearsheimer-Walt “Working Paper”

Alan Dershowitz

Harvard Law School

April 2006

http://www.comw.org/...4dershowitz.pdf

and this

De-Mystifying American Middle East Policy: A Response to Steven Walt and John Mearsheimer

September 26, 2007 by Mitchell Plitnick

http://mitchellplitn...hn-mearsheimer/

and of course the book made its authors a fortune and sold more than probably more than all the other books they've written - the two of them - put together :

‘The Israel Lobby’ Goes International

http://www.forward.com/articles/11754/

The book will be translated into Arabic by All-Prints, a Beirut-based publisher that also translates books from the likes of the late anti-Zionist Israel Shahak, soccer star David Beckham and Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf. Readers in Indonesia, where some 220 million Muslims live, will be able to buy it from Pustaka Utama a mainstream publisher.

Osama Bin Laden's disclosure that he had read the book, endorsed it, and recommended that people read it, probably did sales and the bank balances of the authors no harm,

Anybody can run a google search and come up with biased crap like that.

You haven't read the book.

I have.

The authors are heroic for talking about the "elephant in the room."

There was a time when the USA had some control over Israel, because of the aid we provide.

That control has been gone for many years. Used to be,when they acted in an unreasonable manner,

we would cut down the aid and assistance. We used to treat Israel like any other country.

Those days are long gone. Now, we allow Israel to get us into proxy wars that are not in our national interest.

The authors argue, quite rightly, that we should treat Israel like any other country, and we should look out for our

own national interests. A fight with Iran is certainly NOT in our national interest. And the idea that Iran is a threat to the USA is

laughable, just as the idea that Iraq was a threat was laughable.

Do yourself a favor...go to Amazon and read some reviews. There are 255 reviews (mostly favorable) and by reading the reviews you could at least

form a more accurate idea regarding what the book actually says, as opposed to quoting ADL or some other obviously biased source.

They end the book by saying:

"What is needed, therefore, is a candid but civilized discussion of the lobby's influence and a more open debate about U.S. interests in this vital region. Israel's well being is one of those interests-

on moral grounds-but it's continued presence in the Occupied Territories is not. Open debate and more wide ranging media coverage will reveal the problems that the current "special relationship"

creates and encourage the U.S. to pursue policies more in line with its' own national interest, with the interests of other states in the region, and, we firmly believe, with Israel's interests as well."

A_Simple_Man
You haven't read the book. I have.

So Udonthani needs to write a book, rather than post on the Internet, and if it is published you will believe him? I am one who prefers NOT to read books that are written to justify a premise with which I do not believe in the first place.

While you may think

The authors are heroic for talking about the "elephant in the room."

I tend to think of those who believe there is an elephant in the room as being paranoid schizophrenics. Each to their own beliefs.

I'm not sure if I like the green mangos more than the red mangos, what do u guys say?

Red - they are sweeter

• Like 1
udonthani

Used to be,when they acted in an unreasonable manner,

we would cut down the aid and assistance. We used to treat Israel like any other country.

the United States didn't really begin to give Israel real aid, or sell them arms on any large scale before 1967. Before then the US was a fairly lukewarm ally to Israel and not really seen by the Israelis as being any more reliable than say France or Britain, though obviously more important because of its sheer size. The US didn't become the absolutely steadfast ally it later became until after 1967, and after that despite a couple of periods of bad relations first in the mid seventies and then later in the late 80s/early 90s when the President least well disposed to Israel, George Bush Snr, was in office, aid never decreased. It was always increased.

Now, we allow Israel to get us into proxy wars that are not in our national interest.

though you haven't mentioned it, it's obvious what 'proxy war' you're talking about and this is probably the biggest criticism there is to make about the Israel Lobby book. Namely, that the Iraq War was prosecuted 'for' or 'on behalf of' Israel.

well whoever believes this certainly wasn't paying any attention to what a lot of people in Israel were saying in 2002. Namely, why go after Iraq when Saddam is a busted flush and a weak Iraq would only open up the Pandora's box and increase the power of Iran - Israel's main enemy in the region - which it did. The authors confused the fact that some of Bushs' advisers were Jewish and favored the Iraq invasion that this necessarily meant that this was in Israel's interest too, when it should be obvious to anybody Israel stood very little chance of gaining anything from the invasion at all. There was massive debate about this in Israel all through the latter stages of 2002, until it was obvious that the Americans were going through with it, at which point they threw their weight behind their ally for better or worse.

but the line of mysterious, behind-the-scenes Jews controlling the levers of power and sanctioning wars is one of the older antisemite libels there is and will always find takers. Hitler was a firm believer in this, together with every other two cent antisemite that ever lived, such as that old drunken lard-ass Mel Gibson.

• Like 5
As dougles McArthur said...The third world war will be interstellar...One needs to understand the whole weaponisation of space....

Interstellar? Really? As in between two or more stars? How would that work?

senseless

Interstellar? Really? As in between two or more stars? How would that work?

It involves a black hole and a big thick throbbing matter stream.

It's really sad to read threads like this. I think all humans deserve to die. People are hardly more than animals. And they're all the same scared impulsive aggressive defensive beasts. Doesn't matter if you're a dumb shit american, or a dumb shit iranian. Humanity is a big fail, evolution needs to start again.

I seriously can't believe that people actually believe half the shit they say. But then again, half of all people have an IQ equal to that of a rock. So I guess anything is possible.

Edited by senseless
dennis1105
I seriously can't believe that people actually believe half the shit they say.
Neither can I, especially your post! Where did that come from??????

But then again, half of all people have an IQ equal to that of a rock. So I guess anything is possible.
That means half of all people have an IQ above that of a rock and, although your post would indicate otherwise, it's possible that you are in the upper half....anything is possible!

Chill out Senseless, you'll have an early death taking the world's problems on your shoulders....LOL!

Dennis

senseless

Neither can I, especially your post! Where did that come from??????

That means half of all people have an IQ above that of a rock and, although your post would indicate otherwise, it's possible that you are in the upper half....anything is possible!

Chill out Senseless, you'll have an early death taking the world's problems on your shoulders....LOL!

Dennis

Sorry, i watched a couple documentary's yesterday about nearly extinct species of plant and animal life. I suddenly have no compassion for humans at all and wish the world population was dropped by about 85%. Give it up for eugenics.

Edited by senseless
A_Simple_Man
wish the world population was dropped by about 85%

Poof! Went the fairy godmother's wand. Suddenly nuclear bombs exploded in the sky as she said to the wishing man, in the last seconds of his life: You should have been careful what you wished for.

dennis1105

Sorry, i watched a couple documentary's yesterday about nearly extinct species of plant and animal life. I suddenly have no compassion for humans at all and wish the world population was dropped by about 85%. Give it up for eugenics.

There are some good things about species becoming extinct...I wouldn't want a tyrannosaurus Rex running around my back yard! LOL!

One good thing about your attitude today...it can only get better tomorrow..it can't get any worse.... See you tomorrow!

Dennis

Experienced

Many misanthropes claim to think that way... funny how they all seem to imagine themselves in the 15%

• Like 2