Sign in to follow this  
udonthani

on board a Cebu Ferries ferry on the waterfront

udonthani

never been on a night ferry like this before. Quite a new looking ship hasn't set sail yet.

tourist class is different to anything I've seen. Usually the accommodation is airconditioned and you get bunked up in a small room of four bunks, this time it's all in one big large room of fifty odd bunks, in fact no different to tourist class except it's aircon and the bunks are a bit nicer. Which in fact makes you wonder whether the 150 pesos extra is worth it, because at least in economy you will get fresh sea air as you sleep.

I did enquire on booking the ticket about a cabin, but when I was told it was a four-share, I didn't think the 300 pesos extra was worth it, not knowing that we'd be in one big dormitory. I'll ask about an upgrade once everyone is on board.

the boat does at least have on-deck videoke though which is much better than when it's in some enclosed bar down below.

as usual I have a cool bag packed with ice, beer, coke, and water plus glass glasses to drink out of, so, seeing as we both ate a big meal just an hour ago, we won't have to pay the exhorbitant costs of especially the drinks but also the food on board.

a small can of San Miguel is 68 pesos. I doubt even Cebu Pacific charges that much.

15 hours to port.

• Like 2

tom_shor

Sounds like the ferry to Naval.

samatm

ya whats your route whippy. We take Cebu Ferries Often CEB - Ormoc. short 3.5 hr trip. If its a cool night.. the econ is better than the AirCon tourist class which is often TOO Cold. You do get free sheet use . bring your ID .

A_Simple_Man
Sounds like the ferry to Naval.

Nah, Cebu Ferries are much nicer than the Roble running to Naval. Plus CF do not run to Naval, and even if they did it wouldn't be no 15 hour trip.

udonthani

aircon was freezing also blankets far too small so had to curl up to avoid frostbite, still probably better than economy though. next time I'll get a cabin. Boat is Cebu-Ozamis-Iligan, 80% got off at Ozamis, It docked at 6.30am, after 11 hours and just got going again at 7.45am, comfortable in the resto with aircon, drinks, food if we want it plus tv. Could have got off here and been in Iligan on a jeep in about an hour though I suppose. Arrives at Iligan port, 10am.

shadow

aircon was freezing also blankets far too small so had to curl up to avoid frostbite, still probably better than economy though. next time I'll get a cabin. Boat is Cebu-Ozamis-Iligan, 80% got off at Ozamis, It docked at 6.30am, after 11 hours and just got going again at 7.45am, comfortable in the resto with aircon, drinks, food if we want it plus tv. Could have got off here and been in Iligan on a jeep in about an hour though I suppose. Arrives at Iligan port, 10am.

We have been on that boat (s) a number of times. Nice boat. Well worth the upgrade to 4-6 person cabin.

Larry in Dumaguete

Mr. Mike

Very informative thread. Thank you Udont!

ILPI

We travel Cebu to Maasin regularly with the kids.... tourist is as described by Udon.....suits the family, however I spend most of the crossing.... day or night sitting outside with a few beers..... very relaxing & I like it....