Overstay Questions - 5 years

SkyMan
it won't take them long to find out that he didn't come to Sabah to look at the orang utans like most tourists.
So that's where they make Cheetos? I didn't know.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• smokey

• Oops

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i,d hire a pump boat with an extra large fuel tank and peddle like feck to indonesia lol

i would think as BI has a web site you should go on the site and ask the commisioner himself i know the people in maudaue are honest especially upstairs , its possible that if you hire an attorney it

If you can go down there with Cash in hand be humble and pay. Have a ticket to exit the country also. I would think you will not be blacklisted. The key is being humble dressed well and have the ex

Awesome Color

just get yourself down there and settle up its not like you did not know this was coming some day... as judge joe brown says ... Man up

I agree with this. I would also follow the advice though re. the lawyer. You're gonna have a shitload of fees to pay anyway, you had might as well fork over for the lawyer too and provide yourself with the best case outcome possible (whatever that may end up being!). I know you must feel scared, and I would, too. But, even though I can feel for you, I gotta admit, I have little sympathy. Overstaying one's visa 5 years is not an "Oops" kind of mistake - it's a "I've blatantly disregarded the rules and evaded a mandatory and simple responsibility" kind of mistake... for 5 years (?!). Anyway, still, hope it all works out! After getting out of the PI you should leave another post here just so other forum members know how one can expect to make out of a situation like this.

Wouldn't it better to go to the airport with the cash and a ticket? You might have better luck into running into someone honest there. Say take more than you think you need in US dollars just in case. Since you are at the airport with a ticket your chances of being jailed could be less?

i did that one toky,

had ticket in hand

gave 100 cash to ticketman

got on the airplane

but fee due was only for 59 days

• Like 1

If you have the cash then go to the immigration office and pay.

If you dont have the cash and you show up at the immigration office then you will get locked up, first they will try you and see if you really have it or not and when they are convinced that you arent able to get enough funds together to pay then you might be deported.

By the way, dont just show up at the airport after 5 years of overstay.

Edited by Faluango
  • Like 1
smokey

You make a convincing argument for the opener to do as you suggest, smokey. I just wonder. IF it doesn't work and they throw is ass in the BI detention, are you going to bail him out?

i gave him advise from from my wife who has family working there and tells me they are honest ,,, my wife said she ask someone to go with him but that someone will expect to be rewarded nothing in life is free but she says he really dont need anyone just ask to speak to the very nice head of the office and this is a lot more common then anyone thinks.. She said to me the only way he will have a problem is if HE makes it a problem i also suggested he try to find the web site and ask on line to get a feel of what he will NEED in peso to get up to date... and if he cant or dont have the fee then that changes everything.... disreguard everything

Edited by smokey
jtmwatchbiz

i would think as BI has a web site you should go on the site and ask the commisioner himself i know the people in maudaue are honest especially upstairs , its possible that if you hire an attorney it will only put what could be a peaceful and gentle way out to a battle of lawyers... BI commisioners are most often lawyes themselves ,, how humble are you if you hire a lawyer to most it seems like your ready for battle.. //// my wife just told me for you to go there in maudaue and ask to speak to the head he is upstairs,,, she says he is a very honest person and just tell them you made a big mistake and your sorry and want to fix this problem ,, she said she did not think bringing a lawyer would be a good thing and could make then feel like you were ready to do battle in court instead of just a humble guy ready to do the right thing

100% go to BI in mandaue and talk to the man in charge upstairs. he is a straight guy and honest, and he will help you. he is not going to make your situation worse...he is going to help you find solutions and no trouble. we know him personally and he is a very smart and capable lawyer himself, so you hiring a lawyer will be rediculous. just go to BI and see him and you will be fine.