Overstay Questions - 5 years

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me, perhaps those who have experience with this situation. I came to the philippines in July 2006. My tourist visa was extended for 1 year to July 2007. I received my exit clearance and was going to leave the philippines. Something came up and I was unable to leave on time. I was scared and overstayed. I was hoping they would have another amnesty as they have done in the past. But they have not done so. In hind sight, I wish I had not done so. I will not do it again no matter if my leg is broken in 3 places and I'm bleeding out.

I'm scared to go to immigration for fear they'll jail me and I won't see the light of day, or a trial for 3 years.

I want to have someone update my passport, pay the fines, so I can leave. I'm scared to go myself.

I'm trying to figure out what my fees will be from July 2007 to present. Here is what I'm coming up with.

Total months of overstay: 54

Monthly Fines as I'm seeing them on the website:

500P per month overstay fee

500P per month express fee

500P per month visa extension

Every 2 months fines:

300P per 2 months application fee

Is the reconsideration fee one time or per month? Or does it just depend on the immigration officer?

Will I be forced to sign up for ACR?

Does anyone know what these other fees are? Head tax, certificate of residence, etc?

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• smokey

• Oops

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i,d hire a pump boat with an extra large fuel tank and peddle like feck to indonesia lol

i would think as BI has a web site you should go on the site and ask the commisioner himself i know the people in maudaue are honest especially upstairs , its possible that if you hire an attorney it

If you can go down there with Cash in hand be humble and pay. Have a ticket to exit the country also. I would think you will not be blacklisted. The key is being humble dressed well and have the ex

endless summer

over stayed german in siargao before was deported blacklisted and then paid over 100,000 pesos in fees

USMC-Retired

If you can go down there with Cash in hand be humble and pay. Have a ticket to exit the country also. I would think you will not be blacklisted. The key is being humble dressed well and have the exit in place. They collected the money from you and really know you are not being a criminal just stupid. As they collected an extra 1000 a month each month you overstayed.

Just be honest. Tell them the truth. They are reasonable and really one of the best agencies in the country. Will be interesting to see what happens.

• Like 2
Jim Sibbick

Personal interview with a senior immigration official is required for overstays of 10 days or more. So I do not belive it is possible any longer to have your overstay arranged by a third party.

The visa extension fees will be a lot more than P500 per month but the other fees such as fine of P500 per month are correct.

Regards: Jim

I STRONGLY suggest you find an honest immigration officer and meet with them direct.

A_Simple_Man

You're not alone. I've known others in the same predicament. All I can suggest, if you are for real, is that a public forum is DEFINITELY not the place to "fix" such a problem.

Its real important not to discuss your situation with the wrong person or it could cost you a bundle. Others will have much to say here but I strongly suggest you do not reply to this thread anymore. You are likely to say more than you intended.

Don't you have friends? Tactfully bring up the question of Visas with your friends and just listen. Maybe one of them will drop a name of someone who can "fix" your problem.

Best of luck, and be carefull.

I STRONGLY suggest you find an honest immigration officer and meet with them direct.

This is what I would like to do. But in this country its like maybe 2% chance I will get someone honest from my experience.

Personal interview with a senior immigration official is required for overstays of 10 days or more. So I do not belive it is possible any longer to have your overstay arranged by a third party.

The visa extension fees will be a lot more than P500 per month but the other fees such as fine of P500 per month are correct.

Regards: Jim

Do you know what the fees would be? I can't make sense of the BOI website.

I understand it will be expensive. But I need to transfer the money to a local account. My ATM withdraw limit is 400$ per day. So I need to transfer all the funds to my local bank before I go in. I'm trying to figure out exactly the cost so I can have money in hand when I go. If I don't have all the money, maybe they will jail me.

Edited by Oops
USMC-Retired

If you have an exit ticket and money in hand. I doubt they will jail you. You are wanting to pay. I really really doubt it.

If you have an exit ticket and money in hand. I doubt they will jail you. You are wanting to pay. I really really doubt it.

Do you know what the fees would be? I don't know how much money to bring. If I dont have enough money it may take days before I can withdraw the extra money to pay the rest.

I don't understand the BOI website and what fees would apply.

For Real

Where is your local embassy, how soon can you get there (BTW, Hope you are not American...they may not offer much help)

USMC-Retired

Do you know what the fees would be? I don't know how much money to bring. If I dont have enough money it may take days before I can withdraw the extra money to pay the rest.

I don't understand the BOI website and what fees would apply.

Each year is 33,000 pesos. To include all fines and fees. So to be safe I would take at least 35,000 for each year.

BossHog

Contacting your embassy first is the best way to handle this.

They should contact immigration for you and make the arrangements BEFORE you go there in person (which would be highly inadvisable in my opinion).

If you know the exact cost of the fines, have the cash in hand along with an outward ticket you should be ok.

I wish you good luck and hope no one feels the need to pass judgement on your predicament. Anyone can get in a tough situation.

i,d hire a pump boat with an extra large fuel tank and peddle like feck to indonesia lol

• Like 5

Wouldn't it better to go to the airport with the cash and a ticket? You might have better luck into running into someone honest there. Say take more than you think you need in US dollars just in case. Since you are at the airport with a ticket your chances of being jailed could be less?

I read a story recently of a japanese woman who overstayed. She was kidnapped by head NBI officials and held until she paid 6M pesos. I'm scared of being kidnapped, or killed, or something for the money by the BI officials.