WIMAX directly?

SkyMan

I have Globe WIMAX so I have a WIMAX receiver on my desk connected to a Wireless router which my desktop is plugged into. My wife's laptop connects wirelessly. The laptop's a fairly new model of Toshiba I brought back from the states because it was way cheaper than anything I could find with a 17" screen and there were very few of those. It keeps coming up with a popup telling me:

"Intel PROSet/Wireless WIMAX

This computer supports WIMAX wireless broadband comms."

Does this mean I can set it up to directly connect to Globe WIMAX without even going through the receiver? Would that cause problems with Globe if I was connecting via the receiver and the laptop at the same time?

USMC-Retired

Globe Wimax uses Mac address ID for connection. So if you connected to it then it would deny access at the base station.

SkyMan

Globe Wimax uses Mac address ID for connection. So if you connected to it then it would deny access at the base station.

Ok, I figured something like that. Now I wonder if I got a second account if they could set the laptop to work w/o the receiver?
USMC-Retired

You could always spoof it on your laptop. LOL. :twocents: